PDA

View Full Version : Wasr-10

smoker
05-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum and i realy like what I've read so far. The question that I have is- Can anyone the me the difference between a WASR-10 and a WASR-10/63 ? Curious minds wish to know the difference, if there is any. Any info would be helpful. Thank you

choirboy
05-06-2011, 03:56 AM
During the Ban, a single stack only gun was needed for import. They made a singlestack 10 shot mag. The Mag wells were later machined out to accommodate regular AK mags.

Choirboy

Steven Spaugh
05-06-2011, 03:59 AM
smoker,

You might get a better response rate if you post this in the, "Business Sponsered Forums". Post your question with Rifle Dynamics, or Red Jacket.

God Bless,

Steven

smoker
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks fellars for the responce. Choirboy's comment would explain the sharp edges of the mag well. Steve, I will also try you suggestion. Thank you, & God Bless. Smoker

Netpackrat
05-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Unless I am mistaken, they still have to be single stack for import. During the ban, they couldn't have a threaded barrel or a bayonet lug.

smoker
05-07-2011, 07:17 AM
It had a nut on the end of the barrel when I got it but there is no bayonet lug. I changed the barrel nut to the slant version.

JRportland
05-07-2011, 11:40 PM
On the ones they dremeled out to accept wider mags, they didnt do a good job, my first ak only took one mag it came with. The other had a bayo jab 1/4th down. I had to dremel it further

Snakum
05-08-2011, 03:25 AM
I still don't know what the definitive answer is re. the difference. Some say the 10/63 has different trunions, is an all matching demill, has all the good pre-ban features, etc. I doubt anyone not working at Cugir could tell you. The only thing I know for sure is 1) my 10/63s both have all matching part numbers, while the two WASR 10s I either owned or borrowed did not. 2) the 10/63s felt more solid some how, not as light and 'rattlely' as the 10 (and I don't know why, but this is what it is), as reported by anyone who held all four rifles. 3) both 10/63s were more accurate when benched than the 10s after testing to find the most accurate ammo in each. 4) My 10/63s had threaded barrels and bayonet lugs, and the 10s didn't. Doesn't mean the WASR 10s weren't perfectly serviceable. They were fine. Only means every time I've bought an AKM since then I went with the 10/63.

Your mileage may vary entirely.