PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Crucible vol.3:Situational Combatives and Knife Fighting

michael
12-20-2003, 07:45 AM
"An Exclusive Look at Kelly McCann's Individual Protective Measures Course".

Personal security and counterterrorism expert Kelly McCann's in-your-face, combat-proven Individual Protective Measures Course continues in the third volume in the series. McCann first teaches wall techniques: unarmed combatives techniques designed to turn the tables on your attacker when he has you pinned against the wall with one or both hands. Next, he shows you how to deal effectively with the straight punch. From there, he presents realistic unarmed defenses against shoulder weapons, such as rifles and shotguns. Then, he goes on teach his no-nonsense knife fighting program, focusing on carry methods of the tactical folding knife, rapid opening and deployment under stress, snap-cutting to keep your opponent at bay, use of the pommel strike, and unarmed defense against knife attacks.

All of this is presented in Kelly's no-nonsense method of teaching, which combines simple and effective techniques with easy to remember skills. An excellent video, both in quality and instruction.

peregrine
02-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Of all the dvds in the Crucible set, i found this one to be the least valuable. The rest of the dvds in the set i find top notch, but vol3 is weak imho. There are other dvds that are more sound in contact weapon defense or offense.
But the Crucible set as a whole i will give it 4.5-5stars.

bae4
02-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Of all the dvds in the Crucible set, i found this one to be the least valuable. The rest of the dvds in the set i find top notch, but vol3 is weak imho. There are other dvds that are more sound in contact weapon defense or offense.
But the Crucible set as a whole i will give it 4.5-5stars.

I have to agree with you on the knife fighting section. It just seemed like there was something missing.

I think the philosophy behind what Crucible is training is that if you have to go to knives, you are kinda screwed.

michael
02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
The knife is not a huge part of McCann's training philosophy, and it is based mostly on the Kni-Com curriculum, FWIW. Even at that, what he showed on the vid is very limited and basic.