PDA

View Full Version : Sig P225

jackinfl
12-20-2003, 04:34 AM
I shot a new one yesterday, One of the bosses I work for bought a 225 three years ago and it has been sitting in his safe ever since. He brought it in and asked me to put a couple of hundred rounds through it. That is one nice shooting gun. I really like the single stack magazine, it really allows me toget my hands completely around the gun. And it "just felt good."
My questions to WT are: Does SIG still make these? Do the German POLICE still carry these? Anyone have any experience, good or bad? Does the finish suck?

Thanks in advance.
Jack

michael
12-20-2003, 07:36 AM
I shot a new one yesterday, One of the bosses I work for bought a 225 three years ago and it has been sitting in his safe ever since. He brought it in and asked me to put a couple of hundred rounds through it. That is one nice shooting gun. I really like the single stack magazine, it really allows me toget my hands completely around the gun. And it "just felt good."
My questions to WT are: Does SIG still make these? Do the German POLICE still carry these? Anyone have any experience, good or bad? Does the finish suck?

Thanks in advance.
Jack

I have shot them, and they are excellent weapons. See the follwoing:
From Sig's website--www.sigarms.com

I don't see the P225 listed on your Web page. How come?
We have voluntarily put the P225 on reserve for Military and Law Enforcement personnel so that we may fulfill all contracts for them. The P225 is available for commercial sale, however, we are not taking civilian orders at this time. Our P225 Owner's Manual is available online.

DaveJames
12-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Yes some of the German PD still carry them,and it is an excellent weapon, SIG has moved it to the Blue Line, where by giving tht Police first shot at them, If you have trouble finding a 225 you mite want to look at the 239, not much smaller, and seems to fit those with normal size hands rather well

MACOP
12-20-2003, 02:17 PM
I think the P225 is the best of all the Sig's. The biggest advantage is the slim, single stack magazine (IMHO) and the low recoiling 9mm ammo.

For my son's 11th birthday, I bought him one. He does quite well with it. We are both happy with it.

And, with all the 9mm ammo I have inherited since we went to .40 caliber Glocks, it is cheaper than a .22:)
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

JodyH
12-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Had one when I was on a Sig kick.
Was an excellent CCW piece, reliable and accurate.
But after I bought a Kahr Mk9, the Sig just seemed too large for the capacity compared to the Kahr.
I'd buy another if I was looking for an intermediate sized all purpose pistol. But since I have a good full size CCW/range pistol, and the Kahr for a small CCW, the Sig P225 was just another safe queen.

mako25
12-22-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm carrying mine as I type. It's definitely my favorite handgun. I've won 2 local steal matches (in my division) with it and placed 9th out of 36 in a local IDPA with it. I really like Sigs on the whole but this one is their best IMO. If SIG would make one in .357 Sig, they would top themselves like no company ever has.