PDA

View Full Version : Any downsides to the Adjustable LED RMR

robpiat
03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I have read all the threads, articles, and am not concerned about the cost difference. For those that have tried both, is the Adjustable the way to go?

DocGKR
03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
No. While nice on long guns, I am utterly unimpressed with the new adjustable intensity RMR's for slide mounted pistol use--Trijicon has really blown it on multiple levels in how they are approaching this utilization of the RMR.

Juju
03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
"No. While nice on long guns, I am utterly unimpressed with the new adjustable intensity RMR's for slide mounted pistol use--Trijicon has really blown it on multiple levels in how they are approaching this utilization of the RMR."

Just curious about more details so can you enlighten us?

Gabriel Suarez
03-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Actually we had a T&E sample in house some time back...had to go to Trij installed on a gun. While I already have RMRs on my own personal Glocks...I didn't see any issues with this system. It takes serious pressure on both sides of the sight to turn it off, and serious pressure to either brighten or dim it. I wore it on one of our Glocks and did training with it for a week (basically 500 draws per day from concealed AIWB...for 5 days) and did not have any issues with the dot intensity changing at all. Is it necessary? Probably not. But for the guys that will store their guns unused for long periods, or who operate in varying light levels routinely, the adjustrable feature adds a useful capability without any drawbacks other than higher cost.

bmg
03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Does the RMR-A work ok with night vision?

TennDECA
03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
My understanding is that the two lowest settings work with NVG's.