PDA

View Full Version : TACM3, Quick2See, What?

VaughnT
12-16-2003, 07:04 PM
As you might have heard, I'm looking to modify my Mossberg 500c 20g shotgun for home defense and, possibly, deer hunting. I've just found an 18" bbl at Numrich's and will be getting it in next month.

Now, I have to find a light for the weapon. I really like the Surefire lights, but I don't know about mounting options for this platform.

The TACM3 looks good, but that's a very cheap website and I'm leary. The price is pretty close to what you might have to pay for a Surefire....so do I stick with a known entity?

Quick2See seems like a good option according to the Dec. issue of SWAT, but I can't find them online. Do they offer something to fit the 20g magazine tube?

Would the best option be to mount a short section of weaver rail (available from wallyworld) to the underside of the foregrip and attach my 6P with some scope rings?

I realize I could just as easily buy a nib Mossy or Remmie, but I already have this weapon and really don't want to spend the big money on yet another shotgun. Truth be told, a 12g really doesn't appeal to me and this isn't something I really expect to use often, unless Gabe comes on down for a cqb shottie class.

Thoughts?

Grey Wolf
12-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Check out this thread for a few ideas I had and thoughts of others...

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=507

Right now I am looking at getting a ITI M3 light (Streamlight M3) for use on my duty gun. They also make a shotgun adapter (for different guns) that looks promising.

If you find something that works for you please let me know, by posting here or by a Private Message.

Hope This Helps

Grey Wolf

Seppo Vesala
12-18-2003, 09:10 AM
The TACM3 looks good, but that's a very cheap website and I'm leary. The price is pretty close to what you might have to pay for a Surefire....so do I stick with a known entity?

When I made research to find a good tactical light, TACM III was one of the lights I was interested in. It is one of the brightest lights available (for its size), for example. The main thing why I didnīt buy it, was that it was somewhat expensive.

In his book "The police officerīs guide to opetaring and surviving in low-light and no-light conditions", Tony L. Jones gives some favourable comments on TACM III.

VaughnT
12-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Seppo, don't you find it odd that nobody is really talking about the TACM3 or the Q2S? To me, this is unnerving, to say the least. I really don't like giving up the money when I can't hear a ton of positive reviews, like with the surefire/streamlight, and think I'll have to stick with a "known" entity. The surefire/streamlight is more expensive, but at least I'll have peace of mind.

I'll keep ya'll advised...

Seppo Vesala
12-19-2003, 04:07 AM
Seppo, don't you find it odd that nobody is really talking about the TACM3 or the Q2S? To me, this is unnerving, to say the least. I really don't like giving up the money when I can't hear a ton of positive reviews, like with the surefire/streamlight, and think I'll have to stick with a "known" entity. The surefire/streamlight is more expensive, but at least I'll have peace of mind.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They are not widely known products, and generally itīs safer to stick to what has been tested by others.

But if you want to read some first-hand experiences on TACM III (or any other flashlight), go to www.candlepowerforums.com. They are flashlight enthusiastics and know a lot about the flashlights. On the other hand, for the most part they have a different perspective on the matter (other than tactical use), so itīs best to keep that in mind.