PDA

View Full Version : Clear pistol front sight acquisition

Bruce Eimer
12-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Hi Folks,

In an earlier thread, we discussed the merits of the XS Big Dot 24/7 tritium sights (formerly allced Ashley or"AO big dots").

Does anyone have any experience using "Ghost Ring" sights on their pistol? Namely, those made by Entreprise, Ameriglo, or
Aero-tek?

If so,

1. Do they assist quick front sight acquisition if you've a problem seeing your front sight?

2. Are they easy to align on target for a clear sight picture?

3. Are you accurate shooting with them?

4. How does your performance with them compare w/ other sights?

Bruce Eimer

michael
12-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Hi Folks,

In an earlier thread, we discussed the merits of the XS Big Dot 24/7 tritium sights (formerly allced Ashley or"AO big dots").

Does anyone have any experience using "Ghost Ring" sights on their pistol? Namely, those made by Entreprise, Ameriglo, or
Aero-tek?

If so,

1. Do they assist quick front sight acquisition if you've a problem seeing your front sight?

2. Are they easy to align on target for a clear sight picture?

3. Are you accurate shooting with them?

4. How does your performance with them compare w/ other sights?

Bruce Eimer

I tried them for a couple of months on a Glock 23, and it may be just me, but I never was able to get very good hits beyond 15 yards with them. Granted, that is okay for the majority of situations, but I like being able to take the long shot if need be. Maybe with more practice I could have gotten good with them at distance, but I did away with them. They are quicker up close if you sight shoot instead of instinct shoot, but up close I don't use the sights anyway. For me, they didn't work, but you may be different. I was told that people get fist sized groups with them at 25 yards, but I never could. I came to the conclusion that I didn't use the sights anyway up close, other than a quick verification, and I couldn't use them accurately at distance, so they didn't work well for me. If you can borrow/rent a gun with them on it, give that a try, they may work for you.

DaveJames
12-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Don't like them, for me I found it tends to slow my responce down, they don't work like they do on a rifle, the one I like is the Half peep/moon sight of Novaks, its almost like an express sight