PDA

View Full Version : 22 round 40 SW mags?

EDELWEISS
11-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Any reports on these? Any actual sightings? Any sources?

schapm
11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
http://www.glockmeister.com/22-Round-40-GLOCK-Factory-Magazine/productinfo/G22MAGHF22

Here's a link to buy them. Never seen one in real life nor known anyone who had one.

smince
11-12-2010, 08:24 AM
I find it a bit odd that the specs say it will hold one more round in .357Sig caliber than in .40S&W. Since the cartridge base is the same, how would this happen?

Cope Reynolds
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
We have a few in stock still. We've sold quite a few of them and, of course, I kept a few for myself. They wrok as flawlessly as any other Glock mag

11-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I have been able to locate several. I have been using two of the 22rd G22 magazines with the Glock +2 extensions on them. I load them to 23 rounds. I have been shooting with them and carrying them as well as my additional spare magazine. Both have proven just as reliable as any other Glock factory magazine I have ever used.

In fact, I have started carrying my G23 as an EDC replacing my G19 due to the new G22 magazines. They are easier to carry as spares than the G18 33rd magazines for 9mm. They are a nice "fit" between a standard duty mag size and the long G18 33rd mag size. Another plus for me is that I can carry more rounds in .40 (36) now with the same number of magazines than in 9mm (33).

Garloch
11-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I haven't bought any yet, but I'm sure I will. I did, however, just receive in the mail a couple of days ago a 33 round 9mm happy stick that I am going to play around with. I found an earlier thread where Cope said that they hold (after broken in) 28 rounds of .40, and if the follower is changed to a .40 one they work just fine, except for not being too consistent about locking back the slide after the last round. I intend to check this out next time I go to the range.

EDELWEISS
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I haven't bought any yet, but I'm sure I will. I did, however, just receive in the mail a couple of days ago a 33 round 9mm happy stick that I am going to play around with. I found an earlier thread where Cope said that they hold (after broken in) 28 rounds of .40, and if the follower is changed to a .40 one they work just fine, except for not being too consistent about locking back the slide after the last round. I intend to check this out next time I go to the range.

Shooting 40sw in 9mm mags??? Id like to hear more about that! I tried a 9mm Scherer mag with a single 40sw for a feed test. It seemed to be OK but I was reluctant to try it on the street without A LOT MORE testing.