PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Kids

Tengu Joker
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Didn't know where else to put this. Star Wars never had fights like this when I was younger. . .

Frosty26
10-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Looks like Star Wars has gone straight gangsta....:confused:

Benjamin Liu
10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
There were various edged weapons in the original Star Wars movies like battle axes, spears, force pikes (spear with a vibroblade,) vibro-axes, and the Sand People's Gaderfi sticks. These were mostly used by the Sand People, Ewoks, and Jabba's men.

In the late 1980s to mid 1990s role playing game there were also vibroblades and knives, and they also appeared in the 1990s novels.

Tengu Joker
10-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Mid 1990s I was playing Shadowrun and the only blades in Star Wars I knew about were the Sith swords. Also I just realized that it was Greedo being held at knifepoint so I guess it doesn't really matter what happens to him. . .

Mossyrock
10-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Mid 1990s I was playing Shadowrun and the only blades in Star Wars I knew about were the Sith swords. Also I just realized that it was Greedo being held at knifepoint so I guess it doesn't really matter what happens to him. . .

But Han didn't shoot first.... :rolleyes:

ImFromTheGovt
10-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Heh, I had a character in the first ed. of Star Wars RPG that had a crystal-bladed sword sort of like a straight katana that could cut through *ALMOST* anything because it was so sharp. Unfortunately, the blade was also somewhat brittle, and it was shattered in a fight at some point.

There were lots of edged weapons in Star Wars, just maybe not in the movies. I have to admit, though, that the new Clone Wars cartoons are pretty awesome (and not *ONLY* for kids).

Ares
10-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I've watched a couple of episodes of the new Clone Wars series with my daughter. It's really good; I was shocked at all the pro-military and duty values that were espoused in the particular episode I watched. It was following a team of Republic Storm Troopers and I was thinking a young boy watching this would be getting a solid MALE message from what I was seeing.

bcs436
10-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Mossyrock
10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PHRO9B6wQo&feature=player_embedded

You be the judge.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!:D