PDA

View Full Version : sure fire batteries

jackinfl
12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
I read somewhere that you can buy the sure fire lithium batteries in bulk for $1.25 each, but I do not remember where.

If anyone knows if this is true and can recommend a distributor I would really appreciate it.

As always I learn something everytime I read this forum.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Dave in PA
12-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Try www.surefire.com for the batteries. I seem to remember the shipping was $4.99.

I purchased some over the summer and since they are so cheap, I seem to use my lights much more often. Smart move on their part.

Dave

billcameron
12-10-2003, 07:02 PM
I just bought seven dozen and delivered very quickly. If order over $99 free shipping and seven dozen put me over that amount. So if you need a bunch or have a friend to split order with, cheaper still. I am using my lithium lights more now because of cheap batteries and recently got a couple streamlight twin task lights that use same battery.

Found these guys good source of streamlight flashlights. I think you will like twin task lights for general use, at home, camping, etc. But can't beat surefire for use with gun and "blinding light"

http://www.streamlight-flashlights.com/

Vig Creed
12-11-2003, 08:39 AM
The best battery bargains I've found are at:

botachtactical.com

They also have flashlights at bargain prices from time to time. Right now top quality Streamlight Scorpions are $19.95!

creed

B0486
12-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Vig,

I also get mine from Botach.

They have good prices on the batts. by the case.

Ordered another case just the other day. The first case has been eaten into enough to have to have another one.

Like another mentioned, I use [ E-2 ] mine a lot more now.

Brownie

Seppo Vesala
12-12-2003, 12:40 AM
I read somewhere that you can buy the sure fire lithium batteries in bulk for $1.25 each, but I do not remember where.

As already mentioned, Botach is one good source for all flashlight-related stuff. Another company I can recommend is www.meridiantactical.com

I have ordered some stuff there (Botach seems a bit suspicious towards foreign customers), and the service was good. Botach is probably a bit cheaper, though.

At candlepowerforums, one person told that Surefire batteries are better on flashlights than regular 123-batteries made for cameras and such. They work fine too, but as Surefire makes batteries that are intended specifically for flashlight use, they work slightly better.

billcameron
12-20-2003, 11:51 PM
I have never ordered anything from botach. But hear it is a crap shoot- sometimes good service, sometimes bad. Link from GT on this subject.

Now my personal experience with ordering batteries from surefire direct has been very positive. But two orders really does not indicate all that much.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40226&highlight=botach

Scout
12-21-2003, 09:31 AM
At candlepowerforums, one person told that Surefire batteries are better on flashlights than regular 123-batteries made for cameras and such. They work fine too, but as Surefire makes batteries that are intended specifically for flashlight use, they work slightly better.

You won't see a big difference between Duracell & $urefire batteries for most unregulated lights.

The difference comes in when you run the more powerful lights (225 lu+). The high output lamps will stay "hot" longer with quality batteries. I have a 12ZM (500 lu) that burns at peak output for about 5 minutes on "bargain" batteries while it runs for 8 minutes on premium batteries.

Not much difference but it goes a long way in protecting your bulb/getting yield from your light.

Of course, with the regulated lights on the market now the differences have pretty much been eliminated.

Finally, there were more than one run of bad batteries from $f. If you bought in quantity, make sure you randomly sample a few to make sure you have functional runs.

Mute
12-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I've been using the Surefire batteries with my 6z and they do seem to work well. Longer life than the typical alkalines I find at the market and the output seems to stay strong throughout.