PDA

View Full Version : Any Department interest?

paranoid
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Have any law enforcement agencies; local, state or federal shown interest in the RMR Glock? As in equipping their Dept or swat team.

Ryan Acuff
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
For SWAT teams it would be the ticket for designated "shield men".

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
There have been several that have bought a couple here and there, and alot have asked for T&E samples. The main issue with the agency purchases is that the police community is today populated with ninnyhammers that will look for the bad in every deal.

One guy said it made everyone a better shot and they were able to take shots at speed previously not possible. He would not buy them however, because it would violate the waranty on their duty pistols. :rolleyes:

That attitude is why I do not and will not try to make a living selling anything to police agencies.

Individual operators however are a different story and we have several of those out in the streets.

Ryan Acuff
09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
That attitude is why I do not and will not try to make a living selling anything to police agencies.

I'd bet you'd go broke if you tried.
What was that quote from a Ferengi trader?:D

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
You know what I mean Ryan. Its a weird community. They have lots of bucks for Segway scooters, and spandex bike shorts for the homicide detectives, but nothing for a Rifle Class.:confused:

Dorkface
09-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd bet you'd go broke if you tried.
What was that quote from a Ferengi trader?:D

Clearly its from the Rules of Acquisition.

JohnH11B
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
One guy said it made everyone a better shot and they were able to take shots at speed previously not possible. He would not buy them however, because it would violate the waranty on their duty pistols. :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding.

Combat Medic
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Clearly its from the Rules of Acquisition.

omg there are more trekkies here than i thought!

remember Gabe. Exploitation starts at home. maybe Prescott PD than branch out?

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2010, 08:05 PM
50% Klingon
40% Ferengi
10% Romulan

........but I try real hard to look like 100% Klingon;)

Dorkface
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
omg there are more trekkies here than i thought!

remember Gabe. Exploitation starts at home. maybe Prescott PD than branch out?

Dude like Gary said in class "When the zombies come the world is going to be saved by a bunch of well armed geeks."

:D

Silat Student
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
50% Klingon
40% Ferengi
10% Romulan

........but I try real hard to look like 100% Klingon;)

Actually Gabe your business practices remind me a bit of the Obsidian Order's ideals applied to capitalism. Frighteningly efficient, prone to creativity and makes Fat Old Gun Guys who're reluctant to upgrade their processes uncomfortable.

Toronaga
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
OBSIDIAN ORDER - The Obsidian Order is without a doubt the most feared organization in The Cardassian Union, quite possibly the most feared espionage organization in the entire Alpha Quadrant. Its agents are masters of espionage, assassination, sabotage, and interrogation techniques, ruthless, cunning, and extremely loyal to their organization and The Cardassian Union (in that order). Although nominally controlled by the Detapa Council and Central Common, the Obsidian Order is an organization that makes its own rules, and keeps its own secrets.

Yeah...Gabe is a Cardassian.:D

Combat Medic
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow. maybe Elim Garak?

Spiffy
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
OBSIDIAN ORDER - The Obsidian Order is without a doubt the most feared organization in The Cardassian Union, quite possibly the most feared espionage organization in the entire Alpha Quadrant. Its agents are masters of espionage, assassination, sabotage, and interrogation techniques, ruthless, cunning, and extremely loyal to their organization and The Cardassian Union (in that order). Although nominally controlled by the Detapa Council and Central Common, the Obsidian Order is an organization that makes its own rules, and keeps its own secrets.

Yeah...Gabe is a Cardassian.:D

Ohh if this wasn't family friendly what comments we could make.......:rolleyes:

BKern
09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
After years of observation, I have concluded that, equipment wise, everything in law enforcement is controlled by whatever the current fad is. That is why anything that has the word Tactical, printed, stamped, embossed or embroidered on it will sell without regard to its actual utility within the purchasing organization.

RobbieB
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
after 30 plus years of law enforcement, it has become obvious that after a certain "Rank" has been achieved, those "ruling powers" FORGET that in the trenches of the nasty streets or a backyard in the suburbs.. or walking out of a 7-11.....it's a war...and they have been brainwashed into believing the B.S. that the Politicians spew about war and how it should be waged..... I've never has the chance in 2 years to get to a SI class but it's on the bucket list... and I've even challenged some of the more contemporary trainers about situational issues discussed on these forums everyday....way big frowny face..BUT they could not say I was wrong!! Thanks Gabe, and all of the instructors and folks with real experience, for the guidance , mentoring and discipleship!!

Gabriel Suarez
09-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks Gabe, and all of the instructors and folks with real experience, for the guidance , mentoring and discipleship!!

Looking down and pointing up bro...until I get the extraction order.;)

JVSIII
09-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Most law enforcement seems to be 10-20 years behind the curve. Some LEO's are still carrying revolvers! I don't have a problem with a revo, it's just not the best tool for the job IMHO. The State troopers here are still wearing uniforms from the 50's ties, suicide straps and all!

You will eventually see RMR type sights on a duty pistol, but it may be a while...