PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Ready for Red Dot from Factory - NEW FNH USA FNP-45 Tactical

RayMich
09-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I just read about the new FNH USA FNP-45 Tactical pistol in the November issue of Combat Handguns Magazine (Pg 64)
http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/HG_shot_show_2010_day_3_012110WO/index.html#cont

This pistol come ready to accept Red Dot optics.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF062&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0173

You simply remove a protective cover plate at the rear of the slide, just ahead of the rear sight, to reveal a machined flat pad ready to accept a Red Dot sight like the RMR Red Dot sights that Gabe has been testing.

I hope they make it available in other calibers as well and hopefully, other manufactures will follow suit with their own versions ready to accept red dot optics.

Gabe is definitely at the cutting edge of a new trend for self defense sights. And I read about it first here at WT. -- WAY TO GO ! ! ! :D

Mickey Rourke
09-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Not to dampen any spirit, but the FNP-45 with the RDS mount has been available for at least a year, IIRC.

Prometheus
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't know how popular this pistol is,

It should be very. I have a FNP-45 (not the tactical model with slide cut) and with the exception of my TRP it's the most accurate .45 I have ever owned. I can't speak highly enough about it.

My friend put his thru a mini tourture test trying to see if his woul dhave the same issue as the first run ones. We fired 500 rounds of our dirty reloads thru it about as fast as we could (after having it dirty from a few hundred 2 days before). Not a signle hiccup.

I haven't put more than 250 thru mine in a single outting but it's been flawless as well.

coastalcop
09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
One of my deputies has one set up with the fiber optic/ tritium rmr sight points well co-witnesses the sights, and the absolutely most horrible pos double action trigger of any double/single I have tried. Thankfully it has a cocked and locked option where the single is pretty crisp. CDNN had a deal on these a couple of times a year.