PDA

View Full Version : Car assault-2 Perps

dhopp
04-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Scenario--
You are driving home following your wife or loved one(directly behind her) when the sedan in front of her stops suddenly. She stops as well and a perp with a handgun suddenly rolls out the back left door and starts for her car.

You obviously go for your handgun while coming to a complete stop and check 6 only to see another older model sedan stopped directly behind you with anotherarmed fellow getting out.

Assume you are armed with your concealed weapon, a back up mag, a knife, and a BUG if you wish

What do you do tactically? You are committed.Fire at the tail gunner first, or deal with the threat coming at your wife in front of you? Wait while they get closer--No Way! Short of being Roy Rogers and jumping out of the car having two guns blazing both ways we have a very bad situation here.

What do you good folks recommend?

blastjv
04-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Tailgunner first; he can see you and what's in front of you. If you shoot the guy going after your wife first, the tailgunner with be one step ahead of you, but if you shoot the tailgunner first, the guy going after your wife will be one step behind,giving you a chance to take him, too.

This seems like a very unlikely scenario unless I was a federal judge targeted for assasination or something, but of course it's good to go over the unlikely scenarios as well...

-John

Guantes
04-14-2005, 08:03 AM
I always stop far enough back to go around the vehicle in front of me.
Pull out to the left, drive forward and take out the front perp ( he is closest to her veh) with my vehicle. Throw it into reverse and take out the rear perp the same way. Hopefully the wife has realized what is happening. My vehicle being moved gives her room ( if she didn't stop a little ways back from the front perp as she has been taught) to back up and pull out/around and escape. I will follow her giving cover fire as needed.

mako25
04-14-2005, 08:09 AM
As much as I don't really like some of the scenarios and answers to them I think Guantes is on to a good idea.

Ram those turds!

grnzbra
04-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Let me see, both you and your wife are in control of your own 4000 caliber, gazillion grain self propelled guided bullet. No question about it run the guy over. Better yet, turn him into string cheeze against the side of his car. This could involve damage to your car, but shouldn't disable it.

However, the two of you should discuss this ahead of time; you don't want to have both of you doing it at the same time. You might also want to have your wife back into the tailgunner's car to distract him. When he sees what you do to the lead guy, he might think to either get back in or jump to the other side of the road. You need to have him do a "deer in the headlights" act. Of course, she shouldn't hit him hard enough to disable her car, just hard enough to get his attention.

Brings up the question of what kind of transmission would be best for dealing with this kind of situation. While I am fond of standard transmissions, I think it would be too easy to stall the car while engaging in this kind of activity. Therefore, I think it would be best to have an automatic transmission.

Guantes
04-14-2005, 08:37 AM
grnzbra,

Good points as usual.
For me, the doberman telling his beloved sheep how to attack the wolf would be a waste of breath, so I don't think she will be in my way. She will however, after seeing my actions, pull out on my hand signal.
Re tranny, auto for her, stick (4wd) for me.

Cold War Scout
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I can think of several arrests I made in which we sandwiched in the car we thought our suspect was in between two of our vehicles (of course we really pinned him in pretty good) and then exited our vehicles to apprehend the subject. On one occasion his woman was driving the car. Sure would have sucked getting run over by another car (as in know your target for sure because life in prison for doing something you thought was the right thing would probably suck even worse).

blastjv
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Guantes is right, of course:

It's a Fender Problem, Not a Gun Problem!!! ;)

-John