Leonidas
12-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Which multi-tools do we carry??

Wulfenite
12-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Leatherman Wave

Rob96
12-07-2003, 03:15 AM
I recently broke my Craftsmen , which they don't make anymore. So, my local Sears gave me a Leatherman PST in its place. Thinking of buying a second tool. I have been looking at the Gerber 400.

sanchezero
12-07-2003, 04:11 AM
I have a Gerber and it's OK. There is a big drawback tho: the freakin' phillips head is waaaay to fat for a standard screw. In fact, it's never fit anything I've tried it on.

So, on second thought, the Gerber sucks...

:)

Rob96
12-07-2003, 09:22 AM
I went and checked the Gerber today, and didn't like it. I just didn't like the way the handles felt in my hand. For a second multi tool I will probably get the Leatherman Supertool or Wave.

JodyH
12-07-2003, 09:24 AM
SOG ParaTool, by far the best multi-tool I've ever owned.
I hated the nylon pouch it came in, so I called SOG and they sent me a great plastic form fitted sheath.
Good tool, great customer service.

RedDevil
12-07-2003, 01:27 PM
I have a Gerber multi-tool. I've had great luck with it and use it almost everyday. When I was in construction I had broken the knife blade about 4 or 5 times and broke the nose of the pliers once and each time Gerber fixed it free and within 2 weeks. Twice, they just sent me a whole new multi-tool. They also sent me new a new pouch when I told them my old one was worn out.

Lawrence Keeney
12-07-2003, 03:23 PM
I have a Gerber multi-tool. I've had great luck with it and use it almost everyday. When I was in construction I had broken the knife blade about 4 or 5 times and broke the nose of the pliers once and each time Gerber fixed it free and within 2 weeks. Twice, they just sent me a whole new multi-tool. They also sent me new a new pouch when I told them my old one was worn out.

I like the Kershaw multi tool. It doesn't fold exactly like the conventional multi tool, but it is very good and fairly compact.

The SOG Power Pliers are excellent also.

mikey177
12-07-2003, 05:45 PM
I carry a Victorinox Swisstool. Its heavier than other multitools, but I prefer the extra weight in case I should need to use it as an impact weapon.

TyrtaeusTheHoplite
12-07-2003, 07:43 PM
I'll second the Victorinox Swiss tool. Best I've come across.

HKinPA
12-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I was given a Gerber 800 as a gift last year and it's been great.
The "grippy inserts" in the handle are much easier to hold on to than just plain polished steel when working in condidtions. Plus, all the tools in this model lock out when un-folded, giving more leverage.

However, the plier end is sometimes too short and fat for what I needed it for. A needle nose style tip might have more general application.