PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on a holster/please help!!!

BKS
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I am a plain clothes detective for a police department. Our duty weapon is a Glock model 22. I had gotten slack and complacent, but a recent incident has brought me back. :) I am looking for a plain clothes holster for this pistol, WITH an M3 attached. It needs to have a thumb break also.

I would appreciate any reponses.

Dan-O
04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Bladetech does a pretty good one with a thumb break.
Drop me a line and we'll get you kitted up. :)

Steve Camp
04-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I am a plain clothes detective for a police department. Our duty weapon is a Glock model 22. I had gotten slack and complacent, but a recent incident has brought me back. :) I am looking for a plain clothes holster for this pistol, WITH an M3 attached. It needs to have a thumb break also.

I would appreciate any reponses.

For duty, or off-duty carry, or for both? Do you prefer IWB, OWB, crossdraw, appendix, shoulder, or are open to any? Does it have to be dressy at all?

I think the sticking point will be the WITH an M3 attached. Not sure anyone does that sort of thing in leather. Kydex may be your only option. From what I've heard, BladeTech is as good as any of the other plastic holster makers.

A shooting buddy in love with those black plastic pigs(*) just loves his FIST kydex IWB rig. I just checked the F.I.S.T. Holster gallery website (http://www.fist-inc.com/galeryholst.htm), but don't see any that have an M3 option.

(*) Why, Glocks of course!

Steve Camp
04-08-2005, 10:21 AM
At this point, I'd suggest following 1source's advice and go Bladetech -- barring anyone else jumping in with better ideas. Also, as he is a regular forum participant and appears to have done good by other folks here, and recently returned from doing his part in the sandox... I'd say have him hook you up.

Looks like any such holster will be a standard OWB belt holster: Blade-Tech Tactical Holster with Light Attachment (http://www.blade-tech.com/frontend?command=ProductMatrix&iProductId=5864&iSectionId=47014). Come to think of it... I don't think I'd want to be shoving a fat M3 light inside my belt either. Those damn Glocks are fat enough already...

MTS
04-08-2005, 10:36 AM

A shooting buddy in love with those black plastic pigs(*)...

(*) Why, Glocks of course!

You know saying such things on GT would be grounds for immediate summary execution?:)

RES
04-08-2005, 03:54 PM
You know saying such things on GT would be grounds for immediate summary execution?:)

Well, not Glocks... but used as a reference to a certain holster brand frequently advertised on that site, it would be! :rolleyes:

Guantes
04-08-2005, 04:01 PM
As mentioned in some other posts I think we should refer to him as "Doc Swain".
Sorry for the offthread injection.

paladin959
04-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Try <www.sidearmor.com> or www.comp-tac.com>

Decado
04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Here is another vote for Blade-Tech. I have always been satisfied with their gear.

1Source,
great sig! :D

Decado

battleground
04-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Be careful with Blade Tech, or any other holster. Whether the holster works depends on how it is built, houw you are built, and the shape of the gun. My glock 23 does not conceal well in my Blade Tech belt holster because the butt sticks out a bit. The Blade Tech paddle holster tucks the butt in a bit better. These are my own results, and yours could be different.

Try to borrow a holster to see how it fits you.

FBI_dude33
04-11-2005, 10:23 PM
as an Army official, I never travel light, but I would personally suggest a survival sheath shoulder holster w/mag&light OR baton pouch.

just my opinion.

BKS
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
I appreciate the replies. I found two that Don Hume makes a H722 TAC and a H770AA TAC. One is a belt holster and the other is a shoulder rig. I am going to try the belt version.