PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Steiners' Weights for Combatives

Tegnerfan
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I understand that Brad Steiner wrote a weight training routine that he recommended for hand to hand combat.I believe it was in either the "Death Dealers Manual";or"Killer Elite".Does anyone know of this routine and would they like to share it with us?

todd_xxxx
04-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I have both books at home. I'll dig them out and write it up for you. I remember the routine and trained a couple times with Mr Steiner when I lived in WA. He advocated practical, straight-forward, basic three day a week full-body training concentrating on the compound movements.

Tegnerfan
04-06-2005, 04:46 PM
That would be great if you could post it.I was always very interested in his works, and have his Basic American Combato video which i rate highly.

michael
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Someone on this forum trained with him a few times, but I can't recall who. You can probably do a search and find it, he had a pretty detailed description of his training.

azleeagle
04-06-2005, 07:33 PM
If you can find Steiner's Hard Gainers Bible get it. I have it and it is good,simple basic lifting. It has some simple but very productive workouts in it

Kirk

Wylycoyte
04-06-2005, 09:36 PM
If you can find Steiner's Hard Gainers Bible get it. I have it and it is good,simple basic lifting. It has some simple but very productive workouts in it

Kirk

How does it compare to the stuff Stuart McRobert puts out, Kirk?

Tegnerfan
04-07-2005, 03:17 AM
I have the Hardgainers Bible,and i think it's a very good book.You never do more than 2 sets per exercise, but you work hard on them, unless you do his power training program.I followed the book and had terrific results.His diet plan is simple, good foods with very few supplements.Well worth getting as are any of Steiners weight training books.

azleeagle
04-08-2005, 03:55 PM
I'll see if i can scan some of the pages and post it later tonight and post it here

Kirk