PDA

View Full Version : Plain Clothes Carry

jackinfl
12-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Can anyone recommend a holster that will be discreet. Sometimes I have to work plain clothes and have to blend in. I am a large mammal and when I have my GALCO FLETCH holster carrying my fullsize USP with my shirt un tucked I look even larger. And unless you are oblivious this screams cop......

I was thinking about wearing an IWB type holster, but have had no experience.

Any input or comments are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jack

Grey Wolf
12-05-2003, 05:31 PM
YOu don't mention what gun you plan on carrying, if it is a fullsize "duty" style gun you will have toi dress around the gun.

I reccomended Sidearmor for IWB ( but they only make them for a few different guns right now). I also like my smartcarry, a very slow to draw but with practice it will be surpirisingly fast.

Many people like Comp-tac stuff ( I might just never had to get something besides my Sidearmor!!! :D )

Be safe

Grey Wolf

MACOP
12-05-2003, 09:12 PM
"carrying my fullsize USP with my shirt un tucked"

I have a fullsize USP myself, and while I am forbidden from carrying this fine gun on duty, I have done so Off duty using the Comp-Tac Gurkha rig. This rig is fantastic, using 2 seperate points to secure the rig to the belt. It pulls the big USP tight into the body.

I have carried this gun and holster during the summer months wearing only a 'camp' shirt untucked. While I too am large, I didn't look 'weird' when carrying this way.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

DaveJames
12-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Have Comp-tac and don't like it, but thats just me, if your going to carry the usp I would look at the FIST holsters, I like the Thin shell kydex IWB

Timber Wolf
12-07-2003, 02:56 PM
You might look at the Milt Sparks VM2, its what I use to CCW my USP9f.

Yamdog
12-07-2003, 03:17 PM
I like the Milt Sparks Summer Special and have three of them.

Poohgyrr
12-09-2003, 12:01 AM
FWIW, I use IWB (Sparks-all their IWB's are great, & Blade Tech) when off duty. But have to go to OWB (Side Armor) when wearing a vest with plain clothes. Best.........

Morgan
12-09-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm lucky enough to get to carry a USP full size .45 on and off duty.

I keep going back to my FIST pancake for concealed carry, with a Hume mag/flashlight on the off side.

Bill Lance
12-13-2003, 07:53 PM
The Ghurka is excellent, but look at Gregg's updated IWB, the CTAC. I have one for my USP-C, and love it.

Bill