PDA

View Full Version : P.S. to aimed fire w/out stopping

Kragg
03-24-2005, 05:50 PM
:o O.K. sorry if everyone is tired of talking about P.S. /sighted fire, or if this has been covered.

While at the range recently I began working with close range P.S - 2-4 ft.. I was shooting from what i guess is high tuck, as soon as my pistol was pointing at target. I started firing and moving off-line/ getting distance. As the distance increased (3-4yd) I naturally went to a two handed hold w/ flash sight picture while still firing & moving, this happened smoothely and worked well on the range. It seems like my body knew when to transition w/out my thinking about it.

thoughts/suggestions? have not read about transitioning while firing- probably just missed it. Nothings new, right.

Saving $$$ so i can get formal training. but i have greatly appreciated the information you all provide to a green-turder like me. ;)

MTS
03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
It sounds like you automaticaly (I suppose one could say "instinctivly":D) did what Gabe is now teaching.

Sure you haven't read about it in earlier posts?

Steve Camp
03-24-2005, 06:18 PM
While at the range recently I began working with close range P.S - 2-4 ft.. I was shooting from what i guess is high tuck, as soon as my pistol was pointing at target. I started firing and moving off-line/ getting distance. As the distance increased (3-4yd) I naturally went to a two handed hold w/ flash sight picture while still firing & moving, this happened smoothely and worked well on the range. It seems like my body knew when to transition w/out my thinking about it.

Sounds like you discovered the Sight Continuum all by your lonesome. 7677 coined the term and has been talking about it for a while.

Try doing a search on "sight continuum" and start reading... :)

Kragg
03-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Mark: I woudn't be surprised if I read about it and then forgot.

I know I have read that we will naturally use P.S., flash sight picture, aimed fire etc. based on distance, just don't recall reading about making the transition while still shooting. I'll read up.

Steve: Thanks for the info

MTS
03-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Also search for "See what you need to see'

Some of the searches will reference some of the same post(s) as the others.

Low Drag
03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I'd have to agree.... By starting at choking distance and moving away you can illustrate the Sight Continuum quite nicely.

I've found in working with Steve that from choking distance to spitting and back to where I could hurt you with a cinder block I don't have to use my sights. Beyond that I'm faster with a flash front sight picture. Guess I'll have to come up with some other way to state the distance where I need to start getting a quick sight picture. :p

Kragg
03-25-2005, 02:13 PM
M.M.E.R. (Maximum Masonry Engagement Range) :cool: :p