PDA

View Full Version : Appendix Carry

ramtough47
03-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Mr. Suarez has turned me on to this method of carry and i use it quite a bit with my 19 & 23 in a IWB blade-tech holster. My question to this forum is this: what hoster is recommended for that type of carry with a glock 26? I carry my 26 daily in a Galco glove ankle holster,but with summer coming on,i don't always have long pants on. My thinking is there will be times when i will be in shorts and a t-shirt and that 26 in the right holster will be what i want to carry.

Dino
03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
You need to choose wisely with a gun that has a short slide like the 26. It needs to ride deep or it will feel like it's ready to pop out however if it rides to deep you wont be able to secure a good firing grip everytime you draw. I recently purchased a lowrider IWB holster from RM Holsterworks for a 19. I tried wearing it up front near the navel and it worked fine. Give them a look.

Lou Costello
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
You might want to look at this thread from about a month ago.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=6247&highlight=glock

InTheBlack
03-16-2005, 09:15 AM
got a website for RM holsterworks? Search comes up negative.

Charleton
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I have used a Tucker Gun Leather "Cover Up" IWB and liked it OK for appendix carry. I'm now using one of Gabe's Joshua IWB holsters that I've reshaped the belt clip on so it has a slight rearward cant instead of the forward cant it comes with. It's extremely comfortable and secure and about as close to covert as I've seen.

It carries a Glock 19, BTW.

Gene.

Randy Harris
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Check out Gabe's Joshua Covert holster. I've been using one for about 5 months now (Glock 33-appendix carry) and it works wonderfully.

ISRAELI EXTREMIST
03-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I personnaly do not like anything pointing at my body specially the family jewels.
I still think that the four oclock carry behind the strong side hip is the best but what do I know I am just a set in his ways old dinosaur. (BTW a Tyranosaures Rex) :D

InTheBlack
03-16-2005, 03:31 PM
The cant is the problem area IMO.

DaveJames
03-16-2005, 06:43 PM
The biggest problem with appendex carry, is the cant/ride of the holster,, no one so far IMO has got it right,, all holsters have the gun/pistol ride to much straight up and down,, for ease of carry I always change the clip/strap or what ever,, so as to aline the butt of the weapon more so it lies at an angle..

Other then that its a great carry for us FFOA'{Fat F***ers of America} :D

Dino
03-16-2005, 07:07 PM
rmholsters.com Yes the cant of the holster and the ride hight are always a problem. With a traditional fbi cant muzzle to the rear you do have to break your wrist in order to draw. However it does a nice job of tucking the butt up into the body reducing the print. It also allows clearance of the grip from the beltline and points the muzzle away from your stuff and towards the crease between your thigh and groin.

A cant that places the muzzle foward allows for a more natural wrist position when drawing. However in order to have enough clearance from the beltline to facilitate a proper grip when drawing it requires the pistol to ride higher. This sometimes results in a pistol that rides to high and feels like it's ready to pop out especially with a gun with a short slide.

I used to carry this way all the time and searched for the perfect holster without luck. Wasted alot of money. The lowrider from Rm Holsterworks has given me the best service so far. I think it will work nicely with a 26. The Tucker holster looks interesting and might be worth checking out also.