PDA

View Full Version : Today I shot a HK P30.

Ike
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry guys I am not writing this to put down your favorite gun but it went like that.

The first round was DA and it was one of the longest mushiest DA's I have shot FTM I never liked the DA on any HK pistol except the LEM trigger that was much better but not as nice as the SIG DAK or the Kahr DA trigger, the following rounds were in SA and the gun was extremely accurate I had 10 rounds going into a one inch group off hand from 7 yards.

Next to it I shot my Glock 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and the P30 had much more flip then the Glock and I found the Glock trigger much more to my liking maybe because I am so used to it.

If it is a DA/SA gun I prefer the DA/SA of the Sig much more then the P30 but the grip of the P30 was superior to any grip I have held and very close to the S&W M&P.

This are my impressions and are not meant to be critical at all just wanted to give you guys an opinion.:)

skyx39
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
That's very strange that you felt more flip on the P30 than the Glock. I put roughly 2,000 rounds through my P30 and about the same through my G19. The P30 had noticeably less recoil. The grip allowed me to get a much more secure grip, and the slide is heavier, and it has the dampener on the recoil spring. It was probably the softest shooting gun I've shot. All my buds that had Glocks who shot it remarked on how soft it shot (especially the guys with .40cals). I since have sold my P30, but it was not because of how it shot. Mag/parts availability got annoying, and I was able to sell it more than a new G19 costs.

Koch Head
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
My Glock 17 also has more recoil than my P30. The P30 is more accurate for me too. Not crazy about the DA 1st pull on the P30. It's good in SA though.

Duc12hu
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
For me the P30 is the best feeling gun I've ever held. It really fits my hand well. I wish I could transfer the grip to one of my Glock's.

Ike
08-05-2010, 10:59 PM
but the grip of the P30 was superior to any grip I have held and very close to the S&W M&P..:)

For me the P30 is the best feeling gun I've ever held. It really fits my hand well. I wish I could transfer the grip to one of my Glock's.

Please see my comment above, as quoted above I did say that the P30 grip was superior to any other gun but a grip alone does not make the best gun.;)

Pale Horse
08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
The P30 had the lightest recoil of any polymer pistol I have shot in that size. It was smooth push to the rear for the 115gr loads I was using. I shot it next to my G19 and XDm9 and the P30 was hands down the winner in regards to the recoil. Accuracy was on the standard for a DAO/LEM trigger pull, not my favorite but it serves its purpose.

The Good; felt great in the hand, recoil was smooth, pointed very well, ease of controls, trigger pull was smooth but long, sights were not bad, modular grip panels were welcome and slide profile was great.

The Bad; there was one failure to extract aka stove pipe, it was only in the LEM trigger, price for a poly pistol, decocker almost pinched my fat thumb and the mags are too expensive. Other than that I like the pistol.

I would own one of these bad boys, but it was not the right price.

rambo66
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I have one i love the grip. And the way it shoot's. I have found mag's here in oklahoma for $35. + tax not much higher than XD mag's. cheeper than other HK mag's.

Nanuk
08-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Does it use the same mags as the USP/C?

Colombianito
08-11-2010, 06:04 AM
The grip is the best i've ever felt............... but my gun blew up and H&K promised me a new one. That was two ( 2 ) years ago...............

So besides the grip ............ the trigger sucks, the sights suck and the customer care is NONE!!!!

Overall : H&K will never see another penny of mine. Only gun worse then H&K is a KIMBER!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Horsehide
08-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Does it use the same mags as the USP/C?

Nope... unlike with the P2000, the P30 mags are model-specific.

Norty
08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Nope... unlike with the P2000, the P30 mags are model-specific.

This correct but you can use the P30 Mags in a USPc 9, P2000 9, & P2000SK 9.

Nanuk
08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Figures...H&K because we hate you!

Ike
08-15-2010, 03:07 PM
After what I heard from Colombianito and his experience with HK and their CS, I would not buy one, BTW I have heard the same story from others and even some PD's that switched from the HK to the Glock or the M&P.

Norty
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Figures...H&K because we hate you!

I dont think you can put a G19 mag in a G17 or a G26 mag in a G19. USPc has a shorter frame = shorter mag than the P30.

Duc12hu
09-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Please see my comment above, as quoted above I did say that the P30 grip was superior to any other gun but a grip alone does not make the best gun.;)

Yeah, I know. I wasn't very clear with my choice of words. I was agreeing with you.

Duc12hu
09-13-2010, 09:51 PM
The grip is the best i've ever felt............... but my gun blew up and H&K promised me a new one. That was two ( 2 ) years ago...............

So besides the grip ............ the trigger sucks, the sights suck and the customer care is NONE!!!!

Overall : H&K will never see another penny of mine. Only gun worse then H&K is a KIMBER!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I had a p30 blow up as well using Corbon DPX. HK had a new one to me in less than two weeks. What's the hold up? After talking with the tech. they looked at the ammo and the gun and said they had no problem with the ammo. He said it was due to something in the manufacturing of the barrel that caused the problem.

Once I had the new gun I shot it a few times and sold it off. I'll stick with my trusty USPc 40. It has always ran like a champ. I was pretty happy with customer service though. They threw in a recoil spring for my USP for my troubles and took care of it in a timely matter.

English
09-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Ike,
I haven't shot the P30 but I have handled one. The grip seems very good and I like the genratl ergonomic layout apart from the high barrel axis. If you get the chance, try the Steyr M9-1A or M40-1A. The grip looks a little odd but is actually very ergonomic and the barrel axis is also very low. On top of that the SAI service seems to be second to none. I haven't been lucky with trigger actions but others say they are better than Glocks.

English

Steppe Sweeper
09-25-2010, 02:23 AM
+1 to Steyr M9A1

Ike
09-25-2010, 07:46 AM
I am settled on the Glock and I am not changing, I would try the Steyr but there is none around here.:)

dc202
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
For me it was the best feeling, softest shooting gun with the worst trigger. Sold it and do not miss it.