PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated at those that don't listen.

georgel
02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Inspired by lobo's story about reloading and God, I thought I'd relate this story of something that actually happened to me, but in a new thread.

A friend of mine who works with computer systems called me one night very frustrated. He had been trying to help some people with their systems, but they just weren't getting it.

"People come to me all day long to ask for help on getting things done. I help them the best that I can, I guide them, I instruct them, I even put it down in writing every detail of how something should be done. But even after I tell them what they should or should not do, they still do their own thing. They get into trouble and then come calling on me to bail them out. I get so frustrated that I wonder if I should be helping them at all." He paused for a moment and then said, "Do you think God feels that way?"

Dave in PA
02-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Very wise words. If you don't mind, I think I'll use that example when needed.

Dave

Ragsbo
02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Yes I think God feels that way, and I can't understand why he messes with this bunch of low life not accounts like he does. I am very glad he does, but------ we sure don't deserve it.

Geezer
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Echo that. You know my story, I thought I was an agnostic studying to be an atheist, when He sent the Hounds of Heaven after my sorry butt. They treed me without much trouble and I had an instant conversion. I'd walk around saying "why me?", but I'm just so grateful I don't care why.

BTW, I'm gonna have to steal that story, it is so apt.

God bless and y'all be mindful out there.

mornhinweg
03-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey Geezer, you're not alone. I used to call myself a born again pagan, but was then hit up side the head by the Holy Spirit 2x4.
Seems like anyone who talked to me about Jesus Christ pushed me farther away from Him. So Divine intervention was an absolute necessity.