PDA

View Full Version : scenario extracted from a real case

French Cat
02-05-2005, 11:30 AM
that case occured two years ago in France:

a security guard in a supermarket see 4 young people walking toward him, equiped with baseball bats (as far as i know, they walked in as straight line).

attacked by 4 ennemies at the same time, what would have you done ?

IMO if he had an OC canister he could have avoided to be hurt, what's your opinion ?

MarkBouquet
02-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi French Cat,

IMO if he had an OC canister he could have avoided to be hurt, what's your opinion ?

IMO I would rather have the baseball bat and three buddies than a canister of OC.

Ragsbo
02-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Four guys with baseball bats and all I had was OC; Spray the closest to me to make a hole and RUN!

DaveJames
02-05-2005, 03:02 PM
French Cat,, was,or does your security officers carry firearms?

4 guys with bats, OC spray isn't going to be much help,,if un armed it would be better to get out of the way and call the Police for help

MTS
02-05-2005, 03:52 PM
If all he was armed with was the OC spray the only use for the spray would be as a distaction to allow him to move away from them.

French Cat
02-07-2005, 03:49 AM
French Cat,, was,or does your security officers carry firearms?

4 guys with bats, OC spray isn't going to be much help,,if un armed it would be better to get out of the way and call the Police for help

not at all, only the police has the right to carry firearms in France -and criminals,of course.

so the security guard was unarmed, and by knowing what happened to him I wondered if it would have been possible to avoid such kind of result, if having an ASP Key Defender could have helped him, if carrying a knife should have also helped (only if he had know how to use it of course,that's obvious)

:confused:

Cpt. Jim
02-07-2005, 05:24 AM
Cela ressemble à de ce type a eu un souhait de la mort. Je ne prendrais pas un travail fonctionnant dans la sécurité s'il y avait une chance d'être hors de lancé.
J'espère que mon Français est compréhensible. Jim

Jim Linch
02-07-2005, 05:36 AM
Per Babelfish it's not. LOL :D

That resembles this type had a wish of death. I would not take a work functioning in safety if there were a chance out of to be launched. I hope that my French is comprehensible. Jim

French Cat
02-07-2005, 05:58 AM
:D

thanks for your translation Capt. Jim, your French is understandable

but don't bother to translate unless you're wanting to "train" yourself by writing in French, being on an English board is a kind of training for me too ;)

about the man,he hasn't got the choice, as I said carrying a firearm is a only available for the police here... for information, an French officier shoot less than 50 cartdriges/year with his weapon :rolleyes: