PDA

View Full Version : Semi-auto UZI or G17 w/ 33rd mag?

valentin_84
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the smg game and I was just wondering how much more usefull a smg in semi auto is than a handgun. If its not full auto capable, then what makes it more battle worthy than my glock 17 with a 33rd mag?

Thanks a lot for the input!

Gabriel Suarez
10-04-2009, 09:36 AM
The stock makes all the difference. I will bet you can shoot a mimi-uzi...or a Rifle Dynamics MAC faster, with more control and with greater accuracy than you can a Glcok with any sort of magazine.

ImFromTheGovt
10-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Unless of course you SBR the glock and put a stock on it... right?

But by the time you do that, why not spend that stock / sbr tax stamp money on the uzi?

:confused: oh the conundrum...

BigEd63
10-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I agree with Gabe.

At one time I owned both a UZI Carbine and a Glock 17L.
While the 17L, with pratice could make hits on a chest sized steel plate at 100yds easy.
The UZI Carbine could do it much faster and with much less training and I'd trust it as a more stable platform when under real stress. Plus, with the 16" BBL to do it much quiter with the right subsonic loads.

Red Jacket
10-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I've got the "stock on a Glock" and I've got the UZI . The stock is for discreet carry in case the situation arises were I want/need to extend my cabable range with the Glock . The Uzi is for when I want/need a battle proven smg . I really think it's apples and oranges , they're both fruit , but

Invisible_Man
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the smg game and I was just wondering how much more usefull a smg in semi auto is than a handgun. If its not full auto capable, then what makes it more battle worthy than my glock 17 with a 33rd mag?

Thanks a lot for the input!

Short Answer: Extremely Useful!

Seeing as the vast majority of SMG users like special forces, marines, and recon troops rarely use the SMG in full auto I think that is a good answer.

IMHO, the idea that the SMG user blazes away in orgasmic full auto fire all the time is from Hollywood and does not reflect reality.

Gabe is right. The stock makes all the difference. Also with an SMG you have four points of support, not 1 for a pistol.

The Uzi is so well balanced it can be fired one handed with OK accuracy. Not great, but in a pinch will do just fine.

Can you tell I like SMGs??

valentin_84
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Great answers guys! I think it's time for a smg of my own! Lol!

Steve Collins
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
They are easy to get right now; I think you can still find the Uzi for under $1000 new, and the magazines are dirt cheap as well. It is still on my 'to-buy' list, as is the Skorpion.

LtDan541
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
More: Accuracy, Velosity, Quicker follow up shots, Stability, weight

Less: Effort, Time, Recoil, concealibility

BB82
10-06-2009, 05:13 AM
If I'm clearing a structure, I want a SMG. If I'm shooting distance or through heavy brush, I want a rifle. For everyday carry and concealment, the G17 is perfect (without the 33rd happy stick).
Everything has its place.

Mickey Rourke
10-06-2009, 06:15 AM
They have their place:
http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=48817&highlight=stocked+pistol