PDA

View Full Version : TDI Kriss opinions?

Condition Write
09-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Does anyone have significant experience with the civilian-legal PCC versions of the TDI Kriss ( http://www.kriss-tdi.com )? I'd been dismissing them as overly-"tactical" range toys, but one of the local shops has a demo model and I took a look at it last weekend. Three items of note are causing me to re-evaluate my thinking:

1. You can order it from TDI in SBR configuration.

2. It takes Glock 21 magazines, not proprietary ones, and TDI has a process for extending a standard G21 mag to 30 rounds.

3. Mrs. Write set aside her usual wood-and-blued-steel aesthetic preferences and said it was the most ergonomic shoulder weapon she'd ever handled.

So... opinions on this critter?

Mickey Rourke
09-06-2009, 06:17 AM
You're link wasn't working for me:
www.kriss-tdi.com

Condition Write
09-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Feh. Looks like the forum's autoformatting picked up the punctuation around the URL. Fixed.

Mickey Rourke
09-06-2009, 06:26 AM
What is the price range for these?

Coolhand77
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
were I do have the money for one, it might convince me to switch over to the G21...something about having a carbine and a handgun that can share regular mags and happy sticks...just warms my heart :D

That being said, its still a pistol round, and I know for a fact that it doesn't penetrate near as well as even a .30 carbine, so YMMV

Ooooh, theres a thought...caliber conversions...hmmmmmm, theres that warm fuzzy feeling again.

Edit: OUCH...warm fuzzies gone...Impact guns has them listed at 1800 to 2k+ depending on package
No thank you, My AR pistol was cheaper than that, and if I'd wanted it in .45, all I have to do is make some minor upgrades.
Hmmm, AR pistol or SBR in .45, using extended Glock 21 mags....hmmmm

Dan Jaquish
09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
The Rifle Dynamics MAC runs lubeless, flawless, and for half the price.

Dan Jaquish
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
You keep teasing us with this gun.......I want to know some details on how to get one!

I will be putting prices up in the RD forum this weekend. :D

Dan Jaquish
09-12-2009, 04:15 PM
You keep teasing us with this gun.......I want to know some details on how to get one!

The teasing is over... we are moving on to hazing http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?p=794457#post794457