PDA

View Full Version : Can on a Glock and an AR.

ScottT
08-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Anybody running a can on a Glock?

I can get a can to screw onto my 9mm AR and those things are really efficient now. But I would like something that I could also use on a Glock 34 (just a handy thing to have). I understand that the Glock can needs a mechanism to accommodate the movement of the barrel and the AR can needs no such thing.

Any ideas on a can that can be used on both?

Jack Rumbaugh
08-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Anybody running a can on a Glock?

I can get a can to screw onto my 9mm AR and those things are really efficient now. But I would like something that I could also use on a Glock 34 (just a handy thing to have). I understand that the Glock can needs a mechanism to accommodate the movement of the barrel and the AR can needs no such thing.

Any ideas on a can that can be used on both?

I think most have the adapter available for the Glocks.

Dan-O
08-03-2009, 09:06 AM
You need a Gemtech Multimount. (We should have them for demo in October BTW)

http://www.gem-tech.com/MULTIMOUNT.html

ScottT
08-03-2009, 10:02 AM
You need a Gemtech Multimount. (We should have them for demo in October BTW)

http://www.gem-tech.com/MULTIMOUNT.html

That looks like exactly what I need! Thanks! Are you selling these?

Dan-O
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Not me personally.
Gemtech and dealers do.

Going rate is around 500$ without the adapters.

DragonFire
08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Nearly all pistols without a fixed barrel require a L.I.D.

ltnotbob
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I was looking at 9mm suppressors, specifically the Multimount, today and decided to see what you guys had to say on them. This is the only thread I was able to find on them. Has anyone had a chance to use one or, better yet, has someone bought one? Thanks, Jay

DragonFire
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Gemtech's Multimount is a solid performer. If I could only pick 1 9mm it would be AAC's Ti-Rant, but the Multimount is close.

Medic17
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I have a SWR Trident. Very pleased with my purchase.

Red Jacket
03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
I was looking at 9mm suppressors, specifically the Multimount, today and decided to see what you guys had to say on them. This is the only thread I was able to find on them. Has anyone had a chance to use one or, better yet, has someone bought one? Thanks, Jay
I've handled quite a few of them , quite a few others too . I think the Gemtech mulitmount's a great product , it's their workhorse 9mm can . Not really good for f/a fire , but a really good "all arounder' and if you're wanting one can that can go between a Glock and a carbine , it's what I would recommend

ltnotbob
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Will,
Do you have any plans of making a 9mm suppressor, with various attachment possibilities? I'd rather keep the business "in house". Thanks, Jay

Red Jacket
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Will,
Do you have any plans of making a 9mm suppressor, with various attachment possibilities? I'd rather keep the business "in house". Thanks, Jay
We make several versions of a 9mm suppressor , both 3 lug QC and threaded . A narrow body can for inside a DD forearm , a larger body for inside the DPMS or larger size forearms , either can is suitable full auto fire , on any smg or carbine . There's a thread in my section showcasing the 3 lug QC on various weapons . What we don't do at this time is a centerfire pistol suppressor . ..... Tell you whats up with that , pistols need a recoil booster in the can , we can and have done this but I never felt I was bringing anything to the table other then a " Me too" . So I stopped doing them . I don't want to be a "me too" . We working on a carbon fiber and titanium design that work's without a booster . Like my shotgun suppressor did in '09 , I'm hoping for this to stand the community on its head for '10 . So , still testing , still shooting , don't hold your breath , but if it's a winner , you'll see it here first . Will