PDA

View Full Version : Holster for Ruger Security Six

Kansas Volunteer
07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Does anyone make a holster to fit the Ruger Security Six revolvers that can be carried in the appendix position. Ruger Security models don't seem to be cataloged anymore. Some companies offer models for the S&W medium frames still. Are any of these generic enough to fit a Ruger? It would seem a cross draw holster cranked around to the appendix position would work. Would it be worthwhile to have one made? I only own Security Sixes.

Francisp
07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Does anyone make a holster to fit the Ruger Security Six revolvers that can be carried in the appendix position. Ruger Security models don't seem to be cataloged anymore. Some companies offer models for the S&W medium frames still. Are any of these generic enough to fit a Ruger? It would seem a cross draw holster cranked around to the appendix position would work. Would it be worthwhile to have one made? I only own Security Sixes.

i have the same gun and i've been wondering about this too. I have a four inch barrelled version

Solothurn
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I used to carry a 4" Security Six. Nylon holsters for a medium frame revolver fit it okay. Form fitted leather holsters for a S&W K-frame won't fit as well.

I had KC Custom Leather in Springville, AL make a leather holster for mine about 10 years ago. At the time custom prices were in the same ballpark as high-grade production leather holsters.

Rex G
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Security Sixes have deeper frames than S&W K-frames. A holster made for an L-frame or a Python with work. This assumes leather or nylon, of course. Kydex is much more form-fitted, and may well need to be made for the exact weapon. A K-frame holster may not be roomy enough, or it might. Something tightly-fitted like a Milt Sparks rig, made for a K-frame, will NOT stretch to accomodate a Security Six, though my Speed Six, which has less metal in the top strap than the adjustable-sight Security Six, will fit my particular K-sized Milt Sparks 200AW.

txray22
07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
I have a El Paso Saddlery holster, but it's a belt holster. It fits good. They can make what you need.

Phil

Jakob1944
07-30-2009, 09:28 PM
A "Don Hume" H721-P S Brn #1-3 RH will fit : Ruger Speed Six, Service Six, S&W 10, 15, 19, 64, 65, 66; Dan Wesson, Ruger Security Six.......Bar Code J297765R.........I guess if you could get an Appendix holster to fit one of those it would work on the Security Six.......just my thought......don't shoot willie.......jake

Kansas Volunteer
08-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I've found a Safariland model 568, a paddle type strong side holster, from Midway that works very well with the Security Six. Still not what I'm looking for, but it will do for now.

aperry
08-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Please consider the desantis mod 028-13 made for the 2 3/4 ss very comfortable and concealable..... simple heaven with two speedlaoders on the belt or pocket 38:D :D :D

aperry

jonnygib
12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Simply rugged holsters has the security-six on their gun list. They make a nice pancake holster that you can also use IWB. Thaught about getting one myself.

Steve Collins
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Get in touch with Dale Fricke; he can do a Kydex A-IWB for you with no problem.

BTW, those Security Sixes are great sixguns! I had a 2 3/4" one years ago, and still kick myself for getting rid of it...

jonnygib
12-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks I'll check them out:D

njdet354
12-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Any Smith K-Frame holster will work. I have a 2 3/4" 9MM Speed Six, 3" .38 spl NYPD Speed Six and 4" NYPD 38 spl. Service six They are great guns.