PDA

View Full Version : tl-2

glock22fan
01-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I just recieved my streamlight TL-2. All I have to say is wow! I have been 110 percent surefire for the last couple of years, but this little light just turned me towards streamlight.
The TL-2 is noticeably smaller than my SF 6p and is alot brighter, 100 lumens and 1 hr burn time off of two cr123 cells instead of 65/120 lumens and 1 hr/20 minutes respectively for my 6p. You get the same quality beam, ultra brightand white, and no dark spot or rings. The only way you can tell the 2 (SF 6p vs TL-2) beams apart is that the TL-2 is brighter! AN added bonus is that the TL-2 beam is adjustable from a blinding spot to a wide flood in like a quarter turn of the bezel.
The TL-2 is made of aluminum,has a glass lens, and a lock out tail cap switch. Bass Pro Shops have this light on sale for 50 dollars.
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share my new find to my feller warriors who are budget minded and tac-lightless.

Best to all!
Kris Moss

Paco
01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey thanks for that too. I got one of the Nitrolen Surefires for Christmas and my funny little honey who thought such expensive flashlights rather "odd" is now so enamored of that amazing device that she wants one herself. From your review I'm rather certain I'll get one of those at my local Bass Pro Shops for her.

Thanks again!

michael
01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I've got a TL-2 also, and it's been my favorite light I've had to date. I am very impressed with it. I've used it a lot, but am on the first set of batteries. It fits perfectly beside my wallet and I can't even tell it's there. Excellent little light.

pete f
01-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I have one as well and i agree, while not a nicely finished as SF it is a very very nice light and more effiecient than my wifes E2e as it seems to make batteries last much much longer.

I also have a pelican M6 which is a very very nice light for even less money and it seems to be just as tough.
http://www.batterystation.com/m6lithium.htm

I have a few pelican work lights and they do stand behind their products very well, the warranty is simple "You break it, we replace it... forever" and they do.