PDA

View Full Version : Extremist tide rises in Pakistan

DonGlock26
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Extremist tide rises in Pakistan

After deal in north, Islamists aim to install religious law nationwide

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30299557/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30299557/)

santiago.matamoros
04-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Anyone wanna buy squares in my pool on how long it takes the "radicals" to force nato to go into pakistan to remove their nukes?

Agencyman
04-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Anyone wanna buy squares in my pool on how long it takes the "radicals" to force nato to go into pakistan to remove their nukes?

I'd bet on a piece of paper from the UN(-worthy) with angry words on it, but not on the UN actually DOING anything.

Bruce

austin
04-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Who is to say that nuclear material is not already being diverted?

Pakistan has always had an issue with Swat from the time of the Raj. I've been reading a lot on how the UK dealt with that area.

Swat is to Afghanistan as Laos was to South Vietnam.

As far as the Taliban goes, it has always been a Pakistan-based organization.

Lowlander
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
India will be watching this situation like a hawk... and they got nukes too... Volatile? Uhuh..!

Teckomando
04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Does this mean Pakistan is full of conservative Christians that own guns and are military veterans?

ChicagoPd
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
India will be watching this situation like a hawk... and they got nukes too... Volatile? Uhuh..!

Man, that could mean a real global warming!

Lowlander
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Man, that could mean a real global warming!

Yeah, and free nightlights... It will solve the parking problem in Karachi permanently, though. ;)

Destro
05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
What scares me, it is that the Taliban would give the nukes to North Korea; to use as patterns to mass reproduce H-bombs. The world can ill afford atomic Wal-marts.

Pakistan should nuke the Taliban positions in the SWAT valley.

William Carter
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
On fox they reported that the US is requesting location of nuke sites, in case they need to be destroyed. Shouldn't we already know that?

s4141
05-07-2009, 04:16 AM
I doubt our intelligence agencies know where they are supposed to report to work at, much less know where another nation stores its nukes.:dope:

Gabriel Suarez
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I think we need to remember to use the correct words regardless of what the "current despot" chooses to use. The term "extremist" is being bandied about as an anti-word to describe anyone who disagrees with the status-quo. The opposite of extremist is conformist. Since I doubt many here see themselves as "conformists", we are automatically - "extremists".

The real problem in Pakistan and the rest of the world for that matter is Islamic Terrorism, so let's call a spade a f*****g shovel shall we?

William Carter
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
No mater what Oboma calls the war on terror, it is what it is. A more accurate term might be "terrorist's war on us".

Most of us here don't fear much, but when we do fear something, we don't "bow" to it, we prepair to kill it.

There have always been terrs in Pak., but by using the northern alliance in Tora Bora, we allowed the head of the snake to retreat, and grow stronger. If our govt had not worried about pissing off Pak. then, and let our professional military do their job, it might not be such a mess now.