PDA

View Full Version : Century Sten

stanmann
04-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Ok, thinking of getting a SMG, Centerfire has Suomi's and is saying Century Sten's in soonish. Looking for recommendations as to why or why not.

Also, Referencing a previous discussion is the Sten DC legal as it does not eject downward? :) :):rolleyes: ;)

MTS
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I've not seen anything about Century making Stens but they are supposed to be making Sterlings which were the Stens replacement.

FWIW Sterlings feed and eject the same way Stens do (feed from the left, eject to the right), I'm not sure how that affects it's DC legality.

It also has a folding stock FWIW.

Ghostmedia
04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I have been messing with a Century Sterling that I received about a month ago. I have written it about on another thread listed here on WT. In short, the Sterling I have been using is NOT reliable Sten magazines as has been mentioned on various websites a shame considering cost of availability of Sten mags....However, it works without fail so far with Sterling magazines with various 9MM loads I have put downrange such as Winchester 9MM NATO, 9MM 115gr Winchester, 147gr CCI, AND 124gr JHP from Black Hills and 147gr JHP from Winchester. The ability to feed JHP smoothly was a pleasant surprise. I have run across mention of the British using higher pressure 9MM in the Sterling, which caused concern it would not work with "normal" pressure loadings. From what I can tell, the Century Sterling will be retailed in the $450-$500 range--but this is just talk I heard at my local dealer. It will give the higher priced pistol caliber carbines a run for their money...if the Century Sterling proves reliable across the entire production run. It is being assembled by Wise Lite Arms for Century.

MTS
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I have been messing with a Century Sterling that I received about a month ago. I have written it about on another thread listed here on WT. In short, the Sterling I have been using is NOT reliable Sten magazines as has been mentioned on various websites a shame considering cost of availability of Sten mags....

The Sterling was designed so that it could (in theory) use Sten mags but the Sterling mags were not usable in Sterlings.

I'm not sure how that actually worked out in practice, especially given the "loose" wartime tolerances that Sten mags were manufactured to.