PDA

View Full Version : A few pictures of British and American forces in Afghanistan

Pokeguyjai
01-08-2009, 10:09 PM
It is possible that some of the ads on this website might be NSFW. I refreshed a few times and didn't notice any though. ETA: There is one pic of a soldier who has pin-ups in the BG. It's a little out of focus but noticeable.

http://funnytogo.com/pictures/afghanistan/documentary.htm

I liked a few of the pictures, thought some of you would guys would be interested.

Kafr
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Cool pictures... Got to love the poppy field one. I have a buddy in the Canadian mil. His job over there was to torch poppy fields. :D

Pokeguyjai
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Cool pictures... Got to love the poppy field one. I have a buddy in the Canadian mil. His job over there was to torch poppy fields. :D

Glad you enjoy them dude!

Ah those Canadians. Does he torch them... individually... in his personal quarters?? :D:dope::p

But on a serious note, his flame thrower must be BAD A**!!

Engineer
01-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Great pics!

TB

dgaspar
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Great pics...Gotta love the comments!

Kafr
01-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Glad you enjoy them dude!

Ah those Canadians. Does he torch them... individually... in his personal quarters?? :D:dope::p

But on a serious note, his flame thrower must be BAD A**!!

Not sure if they have actual flame throwers or not. That would be cool... When I worked on a cattle ranch out in the desert we used propane for controled burning. I wonder if they using more along those lines. Either way imagine how PISSED the farmers who grow the fields would be. That alone would put a smile on my face.

Pokeguyjai
01-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Not sure if they have actual flame throwers or not. That would be cool... When I worked on a cattle ranch out in the desert we used propane for controled burning. I wonder if they using more along those lines. Either way imagine how PISSED the farmers who grow the fields would be. That alone would put a smile on my face.

About the flamethrower, all I know is if I were in A-stan and I had to start a big fire in some scary farmer's field, who most likely possesses a few AKs and probably a few PKMs... I'd want a flame thrower! :D

Kafr
01-09-2009, 12:42 AM
About the flamethrower, all I know is if I were in A-stan and I had to start a big fire in some scary farmer's field, who most likely possesses a few AKs and probably a few PKMs... I'd want a flame thrower! :D

if I had to start a fire anywhere I would want a flame thrower ;)

Low Drag
01-09-2009, 05:08 AM
OK, was one of those pics an Afghan girl flashing?

Little Teapot
01-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Very cool link.

Thanks for sharing.

Dingo
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
http://www.defence.gov.au/opEx/global/opslipper/images/gallery/2008/1222b/index.htm

Just to add to the collection.

Eric
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Great shots! Some of the convo pics remind me of Ft. Irwin...

Pokeguyjai
01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.defence.gov.au/opEx/global/opslipper/images/gallery/2008/1222b/index.htm

Just to add to the collection.

Dingo,

Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad that Aussies are with us in this fight.

The last pic is breathtaking. Sad though, that such a beautiful country can be such a big shite hole.