PDA

View Full Version : Failure to stop

Jcord
11-19-2004, 06:29 PM
This is not a scenario. I do not know where to put it, as it does not really fit anywhere.

I had a friend as a kid, we called tank. Tank wasn't very smart, but he was one of the nicest people I have ever known.

I went home on leave and found out that Tank was dead.
He walked into a Pac a Sac store where his sister worked and found a robbery in progress.

Tank was a big boy, 6'2" 240 lbs or so and solid muscle. He did not take kindly to the Black man pointing a 9mm at his sister. The robber turned and seeing Tank rapidly approaching, shot Tank in the forehead. Before he died Tank
grabbed The robber by the neck and squeezed the life out of him. The robbers last effort to save himself was to fire the gun once more into Tanks left ear. It didn't save him and Tank was already dead.

We called him Tank because He was unstoppable on the football team. The scarriest thing our opposing quarterback faced.

To Ronnie Lassiter (the Tank)

combat effective
11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. He went out like a champ.

GuilleCR
11-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I am speechless,
I hate when these things happen to the good guys, I am really sorry for your loss

Gecko
11-20-2004, 04:02 AM
Yeah know the word "hero" is bandied about rather loosely now-a-days, IMO at least. Obviously, Tank was a true hero in the classical sense of the word. There is no greater glory and honor than to willingly give one's life for one's fellow man.

I am deeply saddened by such things, but on the other hand I am also filled with joy and pride that somewhere, still in this world of ours, where many would run and hide or ignore the pleading cries of others being raped, mugged or slaughtered, there are people like him.

May God's peace and blessing be upon him and his family!

Marinesg1012
11-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is a little better that he killed the guy though.

Glenn E. Meyer
11-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Is there a news story about this? I would like to use the reference? I googled on Lassiter and didn't find one in the first listings.

michael
11-20-2004, 11:40 AM
THAT is the definition of a hero. Sad that he had to die killing this piece of human excrement.

Jcord
11-20-2004, 12:18 PM
This happened 17 years ago in Pensacola, Florida, on Thanksgiving eve. Every year as the holiday comes around I think of him. I thought I would share.