PDA

View Full Version : Inova T3?

Watchman
11-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Hi,

I am considering to buy an Inova T3 as a tactical flashlight. With a light output of about 85 lumens it should be a good choice.

What do you think? Any experiences with this flashlight already?

czeska
11-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Have heard very good things about Inova's. Review is here.
Flashlight review for T3 (http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t.htm)

I currently carry a Nuwai 1-cell lithium light that looks suspiciously like a Surefire E1, except it has a Luxeon III LED that is brighter than my 2-cell Streamlight Tactical Light-2. I never have to worry about a bulb burning out now. LED's last forever (almost).

I love it, although it has a clickie switch instead of a momentary switch (I click it on, then use light pressure on the switch to keep the light off).

I bought it from Advanced Mart here:
http://store.advancedmart.com/nu3waluposil.html

Links to third-party reviews are up on Advanced Mart's site.
-Czeska

jeffa
11-21-2004, 07:11 AM
I have been using an INOVA T3 every night during night training and the guys love it. I wrapped some black tape around the lens end to fatten it up a bit and took my red lens adapter from my G2Z nitrolon and now have a more effective optional red lens with the T3.

My old G2Z Nitrolon is a great light but didn't last long enough and was way too expensive. I hated using the red cover on it for fear of running down the batteries too fast.

The tail cap is a clicker, so if the cap is screwed on all the way it will either be on or off. If you turn the tail cap 1/2 revolution it becomes an intermitent light.

I like the cleaner color the ligh puts out, it is ruggedly built like the smaller single or five led body light, and I use my surfire spares carrier to conveniently carry extra batteries. I still carry my G2Z Nitrolon as a backup or to loan to a partner but I plan on buying another T3 because I like to be prepared and really dislike Murphy.

sween1911
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
The T3 is looking pretty good as an LED that is bright enough for tactical use.

I'm looking into creating a mount for one on my 870P and seeing how it works out.