PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Scopes for South Paws

Xiphius
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
I am new to firearms and attempting to learn more about firearms.

I have been looking for appropriate rifles for a while (SCAR and RFB look promising) and I am currently searching for a scope with the knob setup for a lefty of high quality.

Would anyone know of any manufacturers who make lefty friendly scopes?

Cheers

Chad
11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
You should be able to run a "normal" scope without issue. There are no purpose built scopes for left handers, that I'm aware of.

Chad

Mountain Man
11-19-2008, 08:25 PM
If your talking about tactical scopes with turrets getting in your way, well they do somewhat if you get a scope that has three adjustment knobs. Regular scopes have a lower profile adjusment knob cap and should be good. You could roll the scope over on it's side and see how that works, if the scope has equal cross hairs, this would only work with a two knob adjustment scope. Good luck.

sloughfoot
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
It seems to me that if you are determined to adjust the scope with your trigger hand, just turn the scope on its side.

What used to be elevation is now wind, and what used to be wind is now elevation. The scope doesn't know the difference.

If you are slung up tight, this is probably your only option.

If you are using a bipod or other rest, you would do well to adjust your standard mounted scope with your support hand.

Xiphius
11-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Thank you guys.

dletsch
11-24-2008, 06:24 AM
On most scopes you can remove/swap the knobs, and have a local engraving company re-mark the windage knob to reverse the left/right markings. The elevation knob will still work the same after being moved. This would work fine for a left-handed shooter after rotating the scope 90 degrees.

Kenton Industries also sells custom, laser-etched knobs for many popular scopes.

http://www.kentonindustries.com