PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Boots

Yamdog
11-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Has anyone tried the new Oakley tactical boots? How did you like them?

paulk003
11-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Has anyone tried the new Oakley tactical boots? How did you like them?

Nice boots, more like sneakers than boots. Not worth 255. They squeak when wet.

silat1
12-05-2003, 02:42 AM
At $100 a pair they are moderately to slightly over priced; at $255 they should qualify as highway robberry.

I have a pair of first generation US made and a pair of second generation chinese made boots and unfortunately there is no current way to resole them, the soles lasted right around five months of daily wear and training classes.

As commented above they squeak when wet, they slide easily on snow, ice, wet concrete, waxed tile floors, aluminum ladders, and I fell completely off of a fiberglass boat while attempting to walk along the rail to the front while helping a friend wash his Sea Ray.
Thanks to that slip I can tell you that they do swim much better than most other footwear and they dry fairly quickly.

They are the current "cool guy" boots but in reality they truly are little more than "athletic boots" for lack of a better term and there are much more durable and better boots for half the money out there.

I looked for a long time to get a good set of tactical boots when I was working with the USAF Swat team here on Guam. I wound up getting a pair of Rainier responders, but they lasted about 6 months due to the abuse of coral cliffs that we used to practice out rappelling and such. I finally looked into the Bates Specop boots,now those are good boots for both daily and tactical use. I have been wearing these boots for about 2 yrs now, finally getting some bald spots on the soles, but for the price of $70.00, they are easy to replace. Since I do a lot of traveling within the asia region, I always have a pair of them in my BOB, so I can getta steppin' when the situation dictates. :D

Bill
Defensive Tactics Systems
Guam

Alexii
12-07-2003, 03:05 AM
For its price, one would expect at least a stitchdown construction. As I examined it up close, I think one would just be paying for the name Oakley. Didn't help it was made in China, most likely by a shop that employs kids.

MTS
12-07-2003, 07:26 AM
But how is the CDI factor on the Oakleys?;)

SheriffBAR
01-07-2004, 06:33 AM
I saw the TV Show "Tactical to Practical" and they mentioned Oakley's new boots.
Thanks to your info on their poor quality and defects.
I'll stick to my New USMC Suede Combat boots.