PDA

View Full Version : Ciener Kaboom

daniel61
11-10-2003, 03:10 PM
I had a kaboom with a Ciener 22 conversion kit in my AR the other day. Didn't hurt anything, but it was exciting. Anyone know why this happened? See the pics.

jacketch
11-10-2003, 03:26 PM
I had a kaboom with a Ciener 22 conversion kit in my AR the other day. Didn't hurt anything, but it was exciting. Anyone know why this happened? See the pics.

daniel, I'm not seeing the pictures.

MTS
11-11-2003, 06:22 AM
From the shot you posted I would say that the round was not seated and the weapon fired out of battery.

Anthony
11-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Daniel,
I am in agreement with Mark, it is worth noting that many .22 loadings leave a wax buildup that can shrink the overall size and length of your chamber over time as well.

Daniel61,
I'm in agreement with Mark & David here. But could you post the make and type of ammo you were using ?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine had several ( no - not several, MANY !) incidents similar to yours, with a self-loading .22 rifle.
We scrubbed out the chamber, stripped down the rifle to check for a broken part. - Nothing. The problem continued, so I suggested he put the rest of the "brick" of ammo aside. ( Even here in Brazil, .22 ammo is cheap !)
The problem has never re-occured.
Anthony.

daniel61
11-16-2003, 03:43 PM
It was Winchester Dynapoint, and the Ciener had less than a hundred rounds through it since purchase. BTW, if you have a conversion unit in a handgun and don't have good success with ammo it's really reliable. I have an Advantage Arms for a Glock 23 and could never find any 550 boxes of ammo that would cycle the slide reliably. The Dynapoint did the trick.

Daniel61,
I'm in agreement with Mark & David here. But could you post the make and type of ammo you were using ?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine had several ( no - not several, MANY !) incidents similar to yours, with a self-loading .22 rifle.
We scrubbed out the chamber, stripped down the rifle to check for a broken part. - Nothing. The problem continued, so I suggested he put the rest of the "brick" of ammo aside. ( Even here in Brazil, .22 ammo is cheap !)
Anthony.

daniel61
11-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Daniel61,

Anthony.

I used Dynapoint ammo, I use it in my Advantage Arms glock 23 conversion because it has a heavy bullet, cycles fine and most importantly can be bought in 550 cartons (CUZ I'm such a cheapie.)