PDA

View Full Version : From Fellow Trainer Jonh Farnam - via Cold War Scout

Gabriel Suarez
11-03-2004, 06:43 AM
2 Nov 04

Sage observation from a good friend and colleague:

"This morning's news indicates that 'insurgents' surrounded and attacked a corporate facility in Baghdad, taking hostage (no doubt for later video beheading) several corporate employees, and killing two others, an Iraqi and an American security officer. However, one corporate employee, who was armed and 'fired back,' escaped capture.

This represents an important reaffirmation of things we already know to be true. Even if this corporate employer prohibited the carrying of firearms, as many do, and even if this employee is fired for doing so, he is, no doubt, glad to have been armed when he needed to be!"

Comment: At the 2004 NTI, one live-fire drill required participants to escape from a building during a terrorist attack. Even under these circumstances, many players still hesitated to open doors marked "No Admittance" or "Employees Only," when those directions clearly led to safe exits. They were blindly unable to shed the ubiquitous "Is it okay if I do this?' chasteness, even during a life-threatening emergency. Many, after the drill, were plainly embarrassed by their naive foolishness.

Once again, their world is defined by "rules." OURS ISN'T!

And THAT my brothers, is what makes Americans Americans.

Celtic Warrior
11-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Hate to hear that!

On the other note...I learned a long time ago that if you walk purposely and act like you know where you're going and what you're doing you can typically walk through those "employee only" and "No admittance" areas often unchallenged...or brush off challenges easily with the approriate fortitude. ;)

Dan-O
11-04-2004, 11:51 AM
FYI,
Most of the interperters assigned to us(No names to protect the innocent ;) ) routinely carry local purchase firearms.

Many have been with us when we took fire,and some actually have the sense to shoot back at the Tangos. We need every extra Gun we can get.

Many of them work for companies who prohibit them from carrying weapons,however,most wisely disregard "Company Policy" and pack heat anyways.

Im not saying that just having a gun is a guarantee of survival,but It certainly doesnt hurt :D

Disregard those who attempt to Disarm you, they will not be there to take care of your family after you pass on.

Gabriel Suarez
11-04-2004, 01:58 PM
"Disregard those who attempt to Disarm you, they will not be there to take care of your family after you pass on."

This applies in Bagdad or in Boston! Well said!!

Fireblade Systems
11-04-2004, 02:50 PM
The only way to fight terrorists or guerilla warfare is to be prepared on your end. Because you never know where or when they will strike. Just be prepared to defend yourself and strike back. The only one you can count on to save you and yours is YOU!

Regards,

grnzbra
11-05-2004, 06:47 AM
This morning's news...

Did he say what news source that was? Or was this a training exercise to which he is referring?

Francisp
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
I could very well see people not going into areas marked for restricted access. Sadly, I would have been one not too long ago. Its the mental conditioning. People have to UNLEARN that today. This is sadly the case.