PDA

View Full Version : Do you carry?

sponge
11-09-2003, 10:37 AM
How often do you carry? 1.Always(within reason,no airports for example)?
2.Only some of the time!!!(25 - 80% of the time?)
3.Or do you "leave your guns at home"?(CCW UNDER 25% of the time)
I am of the number 3 description (we just recently got the carry option over here) and this area feels pretty "civilized" so maybe there is no need?

Lawrence Keeney
11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
About 70% of the time. Cannot legally carry at work.

sponge
11-09-2003, 01:01 PM
What I mean on the percents%
They are to mean the % of time you DO carry EXLUDING the times when you legally can not carry or the times when you are at home.

RedDevil
11-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Always. On with my pants/off with my pants. I never know when I'll get in a car accident but I always wear my seatbelt.

mako25
11-10-2003, 07:25 AM
I carry everywhere I legally can. Including the airport luggage section.

Gabriel Suarez
11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Guns unless physically prevented from doing so (airports and such - or areas where its impossible to take a gun for various reasons).

Knives where guns can't go

Smaller knives where real knives can't go

Surefire Flashlights, Sharp Pens, Improvised weapons, whereever other weapons can't go.

The ability to "go to animal" and a tight fist anywhere else.

Remember my firends - if you have your mind right, you are NEVER UNARMED.

Sizzler
11-10-2003, 11:08 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, I only carry about 25-30% of the time. My employer prohibits any firearms on the property. And the company handbook even says I can be terminated if a firearm is found in my vehicle if I get in an accident or get pulled over on the way to or from work.

John Silver
11-10-2003, 11:30 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, I only carry about 25-30% of the time. My employer prohibits any firearms on the property. And the company handbook even says I can be terminated if a firearm is found in my vehicle if I get in an accident or get pulled over on the way to or from work.

I know of a few companies with such policies. It has always seemed to me that this can't be legal. Isn't the inside of a car considered private property? Anyone know where this kind of things stands with the courts?

bhands
11-10-2003, 11:37 AM
I cant carry on my person while at work, but I do have one locked in my truck. When not at work and running around town or doing anything else, I always carry. If I leave work to go anywhere, I slip my pistol into my belt, crossdraw fashion. A tee shirt will cover it.

I always have my folding belt clip knife with me .... even at work.

Sizzler
11-10-2003, 12:13 PM
I know of a few companies with such policies. It has always seemed to me that this can't be legal. Isn't the inside of a car considered private property? Anyone know where this kind of things stands with the courts? We'll On their property they are perfectly legal to tell us we can't have a firearm. And where I work there is the policy that anyone and anything on the property are subject to search at managers discretion. The part I have a problem with is where it says (I can be terminated if a firearm is found in my vehicle if I get in an accident or get pulled over on the way to or from work.). As far as I know I am only being paid while at work, and that should be the only time they should have any say in what I legally do.

Scout
11-13-2003, 12:19 PM
I always carry.

My buddy is a corporate consultant and he carries when he works for major corporations. He says "If they don't like it, tough, go find someone else for the job." I also know he has turned down a few jobs because those companies are very anti gun.

Wish more people had choices like that.

Catshooter
11-14-2003, 07:54 PM
I have discovered that my ability to predict the future is really not very good - pretty poor, actually!

Accordingly, I realized years ago that the only way to be armed when one needs to be, is to be armed, allways. There is no other way that I could see to be sure.

It's truly amazing how fast things can turn to shit, even in the "safest" or "civilized" places.

I also decieded to be responsible for myself, and not to rely on anything else for my saftey.

Just my .02.

Cat

Hasher
11-15-2003, 02:03 AM
I have discovered that my ability to predict the future is really not very good - pretty poor, actually!

Accordingly, I realized years ago that the only way to be armed when one needs to be, is to be armed, allways. There is no other way that I could see to be sure.

It's truly amazing how fast things can turn to shit, even in the "safest" or "civilized" places.

I also decieded to be responsible for myself, and not to rely on anything else for my saftey.

Just my .02.

Cat

Cat,

Are you the same catshooter from SniperCountry?

Mil Novencientos Once
11-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Sometimes (80%) because I can't carry at work, I'm a teacher.

Dave T
11-16-2003, 08:57 AM
I've always operated on the theory that with my background (Vietnam veteran, retired LEO, CCW instructor) and training (Gunsite graduate & instructor, NRA Police Firearms Instructor, etc.) the one time I will need a gun will be the one time I don't have one. Reverse phschology dictates that I always have one with in reach if not actually on my person.

So far my retirement has been relatively peaceful.

Pablo Thunderglock
11-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Here in Argentina almost nobody can have a CCW. Thatīs the very reason because almost everyone worry enough about their own security (right minded people) carry illegaly.
I carry 30/50 % of the time, and my folder knife is always with me.
Pablo
PS: Forgive my bad english, itīs easier to read it than to write it.

Vinnie Moscaritolo
11-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Come on! ;-)

and btw I highly suggest that you be careful what you post on the net. being an old veteran of the net, I can tell you first hand stuff can come back to bite you.. imagine being in court, interviewed by the opposing lawyer pulls up something you posted on the net... out of context.....do you think that maybe there was something that any of you have said that might work against you...

and yes what search engines see do last forever.. or at least a long time.. just my $.02

tac17
11-21-2003, 02:58 AM
I always carry when it is legal to do so.