PDA

View Full Version : suarez logo?

CJ8Vet
11-02-2003, 02:03 PM
I believe Gabe mentioned in class once that his logo was some old trinity symbol, just curious what exactly is it?
Mark aka cj8vet

Gray
11-03-2003, 08:24 AM
I do not know his answer, but the design itself looks like a stylized Triquetra.

Gabriel Suarez
11-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I do not know his answer, but the design itself looks like a stylized Triquetra.

On the inside cover of one of my bibles is a symbol called a Triquedra. Research revealed that is an old Christian symbol from the early church symbolizing the trinity, by bringing the three fishes (fish symbols are common as a commemoration of our Lord's loaves and fishes meal).

We made it a bit "pointier" to represent the warrior heritage we share, as well it seemed to lack color so I added red, again pointing to our warrior heritage. My wife, Ops Manager, and VP, Cheryl was responsible for much of the logo manipulation until we reached the final model.

I like it as it has meaning for those of us who've sold our cloaks, as well as to point to Christ when someone asks about it. Finally, unlike many other logos from "the community" it appears benign, and can be worn on aircraft and to mosques
;) without attracting much attention.

John Silver
11-03-2003, 03:48 PM
I've wondered about the insignia.

I like both the meaning and that it is inoffensive.

I stopped wearing a Gunsite shirt when a college classmate asked why I was wearing something with a Nazi symbol on it. A few others piped up and said they had wondered the same thing. The Duck of Death is different from an Iron Eagle, but it was close enough to confuse them.

Gabriel Suarez
11-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Ha! I was actually called off a SWAT training session a few yaers ago by an intellectually challenged, low testosterone, poltroon of a Captain to be asked what that Nazi eagle was doing on my hat. I politely advised the underpriviliged superior that it was not a Nazi eagle, but a Gunsite Raven on my black Marine cover. Nonetheless, the non-pareil of tactical manhood with the bars on his collars advised me to remove said cover as it did not matter what it was, only what it seemed to be. Hmmmm.

The nice thing about the S.I logo is that it can be anything. You can say its a toilet paper importer from Central America, or perhaps a worldwide organization supporting the rights of third world plumbers. Or you could say its a group striving to bring the gospel to defenders of freedom worldwide (which wouldn't be stretching it all that far:)). In the end, its L.P. - low profile, and in our increasingly strange times, that is a good thing to be....no matter where you go

Maya
11-04-2003, 12:31 PM
I like it!

The early Church had many symbols that identified believers to one another without alerting those hunting them. The SI logo would be great on hats as well. This vital gear for old bald guys.

Thanks,

Steve/Skipper

Gabriel Suarez
11-04-2003, 06:32 PM
This vital gear for old bald guys.

Errrr - you mean desired anti-sun protection for seasoned warriors with tight battle haircuts:)

Maya
11-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Yup that's what I ment! er.....ah.....skin tight...Hooyah!

Skipper

InTheBlack
11-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Well we might as well go all the way and create some secret SI gang signs... might be useful for identifying ourselves on the range 8')