PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk gear review& field test

colt_sniper
10-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Well i was lucky enought to get this at the gun show , a couple of weeks ago, an was finally able to field test it!.. I bought the blackhawk load bearing webgear. Its amodified H harness set up that is hydration capatible..( a plus in my books).I also purchased a blackhawk L.R.R.P. buttpack.. After loading the camelback into the sleeve in the load bearing harness, an adjusted to it to sit proper, along with a fully loaded buttpack.( 2 mre's , small fishing kit, weapons cleaning kit, poncho, extra ammo( 200 rounds) , enegry bars, first aid kit, and topo maps of the AO.,500'paracord, mini mag with extra batterys ) all equiptment was checked an anything that reflected , was given a shot of flat od green paint .All TA50 keepers were replaced with paracord an zip ties.I decided to use a BHI padded pistol belt pad .THis was the best investment of all!!! nothing shifted , or come loose. all the test was conducted on the on our recent FTX .we had starting friday night an ending sunday morning.There is small alice attachment points on the back of the load bearing harness,for attaching radio pouches ( thats where my icomT7H radio rode in a saber radio pouch)The camelback option frees up space on the belt , an distributes the weight a litte more evenly
This design makes it easy to go prone , and move about , with little hinderance...And for what i paid for the whole set up ...$100 its a worthwhile investment..
http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1934&d= BHI'S modified H harness
http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2830&d= BHI'S L.R.R.P buttpack

mballai
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Overall I have to say that BlackHawk makes really good stuff. The biggest problem I've had is trying to decide which items to get--going through all that cool gear is overwhelming! Too much of a good thing :D

k9dpd
10-30-2003, 09:06 PM
its all made in Vietnam, buy american SOE, TT, HSG, SOTECH, TAS

colt_sniper
10-31-2003, 03:07 PM
the reason i went with blackhawk over SOE,TT,HSG, an all the others is that BLACKHAWK IS affordable!!!!!! even the used gear from the others is down right expensive... ani figure if my friends in the sand box( IRAQ) prefer it over the molle gear an standard issue gear ,and their fellow troops have sent me money to purchase the gear they want... I will stick with blackhawk...
who cares where its made..almost everything today is made or put together in some other country!. Blackhawk now has a manufacturing plant here in the states too , by the way!
COLT!

k9dpd
10-31-2003, 08:15 PM
affordable or cheap, there is a difference I have used it in real world situations and it works, but not as well as my SO TECH Hellcat mk 2, loaded with tactical taylor pouches and the cost was along the lines of the BHI. That is the great thing about this country is choices.