PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Zero+Aimpoint T-1

RJT
03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
While attempting to zero my carbine I noticed some problems. My last 6 rds were inside the ten ring all within 2 1/4 inches at fifty yards. I don't know how to adjust my rear arms 40 buis to get a better zero or am I just making shooting errors? I used same sight picture and point of aim. After that I shot using my aimpoint t-1 red dot with both eyes open. I just wanted to see how the sights worked and how close the shots would be as compared to those shot using only iron sights. I did everything the same as before and my rounds were way low and far right, sometimes off the paper. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to adjust it? Or is it just error on my part? The two eyes open is a real b@#$* to get used too. Thanks again for any advice, RJT.

Section1_Operations
03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
While attempting to zero my carbine I noticed some problems. My last 6 rds were inside the ten ring all within 2 1/4 inches at fifty yards. I don't know how to adjust my rear arms 40 buis to get a better zero or am I just making shooting errors? I used same sight picture and point of aim. After that I shot using my aimpoint t-1 red dot with both eyes open. I just wanted to see how the sights worked and how close the shots would be as compared to those shot using only iron sights. I did everything the same as before and my rounds were way low and far right, sometimes off the paper. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to adjust it? Or is it just error on my part? The two eyes open is a real b@#$* to get used too. Thanks again for any advice, RJT.

If you want a 50yrd iron sight zero, and you were aiming dead center on the target at 50yrds, and all the sighted rounds impacted in the 10 ring @ 6 o'clock -- you adjust the front sight post not your ARMS #40 rear BUIS as it has no elevation adjustments.

You need to adjust the optic using its elevation & windage adjustment knobs to bring the POA/POI were you want it.

P.S.

Unless you're using an optics mount like the Larue QD mounts whenever you separate the T-1 off the rifle and then replace it, you may need to re-zero the optic to the rifle.

Additionally you might want to bone up on some reading...;)
Methods of Zeroing (http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw)

RazorCityRifleman
03-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I have found that it helps zeroing Aimpoints if you have the brightness turned down as far as you can and still see it well enough to get a decent sight picture. Also Aimpoints are considered paralax free but it does make a difference zeroing so make sure you have the dot centered in the tube when you zero. 1 click=1MOA

Den

RJT
03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
What would I do without you guys. Appreciate the help. As soon as I get this thing fixed I will try again to zero the iron sights and then the t-1. Thanks, RJT.