PDA

View Full Version : Wine-o Shank

lead_magnet
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Bruce Lee said "absorb what is useful, reject was it useless" (i think, lol) Here is something for you to decide weather or not is is useful.

Most of us talk about resorting to our knive only when we are in a country where it is illegal to carry a firearm. I dont know if there are any, but if you found yourself in a place where you were unable to carry a knive, what would you do? Hand to hand is the obvious anwser, but here is an idea to tip the scale in your favor.

You could carry a rag in your pocket, as finding a place where that is illegal would probably be hard to do. Upon arival, find yourself a nice glass shard, and wrap the rag around the end to use as a makshift handle. This might give you one good shank before going to fisticuffs.

How could you keep the glass from breaking? How would you carry it? Would you have the capability to slash, or just to thrust? Just an idea folks, thought i'd toss it out there.

Pikal
09-08-2004, 11:06 AM
I'd rather carry a nice pointy pen, or a pair of pointy chop sticks. More easily explained, less dangerous to self, and a shank is a shank is a shank. :)

CPerez
09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I like the idea of the chopsticks, personaly I tend to carry a steel pen or a belt with a hevy buckle.

Erich
09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
This is one good thing about having a bum hip and a doctor's note - man, I have carried my cane all over the place.

jack76590
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Heavy flashlight, hammer, screwdriver, spray can of carb or brake cleaner are all common things that can be used as weapon. Screwdriver should be a much better shank than a piece of glass and easier to explain having on your person. What do they say about a screwdriver- some say most misused tool and others say most useful tool. But think of all the times you have used screwdriver as a pry, punch, scrapper, etc.

JD HHI 6092
09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
When we lived in Turkey I always had a 3 cell mag light in the car. It was in between the set and console. I also carred a ASP baton when in town or out traveling. I had to use either one, I would have threw them in the river.

lead_magnet
09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
nice nice

Never even thought of the carb cleaner as a weapon ... This would cause permanent damage though, right? Unlike mace or OC? (not that i care. juse curious)

Pen and screwdriver .... also like

;)