PDA

View Full Version : wu wei gung fu and arnis

David
08-23-2004, 01:54 PM
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has trained in either Wu Wei Gung Fu or Arnis.

I am especially interested in hearing opinions about the benefits in training in these system for fighting as oposed to sport.

Thanks,

David

michael
08-23-2004, 02:42 PM
David, if you're in Israel, how about Krav Maga? I'm sure there are some very good instructors there with the IDF that would train you. I would love to be able to train in Krav in Israel!

Al Lipscomb
08-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Arnis gives you a pretty good understanding of weapon skills.

FatherGryphon
10-13-2004, 04:19 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I realize this link is a couple of months old. But I have studied Wu Wei Gung Fu for 12 years. I've even had the extreme pleasure and honor of training with Prof. Cowles. If you are in Israel and have a chance to study under Eyal Shamesh (I can't remember if there are two E's in his last name) I would go for it. I understand he is a very good instructor. But, not having trained with him I can't say for sure. Wu Wei contains Arnis/Kali/Escrima and so would give you a taste of that as well.

Wu Wei is definitely not a sport martial art. It's fast and effective in the streets. I, unfortunately, speak from experience here. It is also easy to learn for an average person.

If you have more indepth questions I will do my best to answer them.

FatherGryphon