PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep in your range bag?

Brass Balls
10-26-2003, 10:02 AM
And what kind of range bag do you use?

JodyH
10-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Wore out hikers daypack, filled with magazines, earplugs, and 2 or 3 boxes of Value-Pack 9mm. Who needs a buch of crap?

Wulfenite
10-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I use a big, gate mouth tool bag from Home Depot. Its got eyes, ears, plugs, ammo, brass in the pockets, timer, stapler and staples, orange target stickers, a few tools, cheepy binoculars, pen and notebook, etc.

RedDevil
10-26-2003, 12:55 PM
I use a large i-Shot bag.Its contents are:

5 1911 magazines
gerber multi-tool
basic 1st aid kit
black marker
25m pistol targets
shooting glasses
2 prs ear plugs
brass bag
otis kit-n-kaboodle
ar15 buttstock cleaning kit
otis .22 patches
.45 boresnake
bandana

These are always in the bag.If i'm taking a certain firearm to the range, I'll add more.

sgtdetdan
10-26-2003, 04:07 PM
I use a EAGLE bag with
1. Muffs and plugs
2. Spare mags
3. Mag brushes
4. Markers
5. Timer
6. Tool kit
7. Ammo
8. Ammo
9. Ammo

k9dpd
10-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Old Blue Kmart tool bag with
eyes
ears
extra foam ears
qtips
bore snake
multi- allen wrench
45 mags
glock mags
rem oil
CLP wipes
flashlight
cleaning kit
ar front sight tools both A-1 and A-2

sween1911
10-28-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a Plano-brand nylon duffle bag from K-mart. It's holding up well. I got it specifically just so I can have a bag that I don't need to keep loading and unloading. (If I need to transport gear for anything other than a trip to the range, I break out the heavy duty black nylon Eddie Bauer duffle bag, or my North Face back pack.)

I have some tools, a little bottle of FP 10, spare training mags, a bunch of printed up "1X5" targets, muffs, protective eyewear, belt clip for muffs, black electrical tape, a few black Sharpies, some odds and ends. My Fobus 2-mag pouch makes it in there for IDPA, and my knee-pads go in for ForceOnForce or other training class.

Added:

I almost forgot: Some masking tape or heavy brown paper packing tape for patching holes.

Shotgun
11-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Let's just say when I travel to the range you can see the rear end of my car dragging.

daniel61
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
I keep my stuff in a 50 cal box, I have one of those plastic boxes inside with bottle brushes, cleaning brushes, jags, rods, and patches. On top of that is:
Staple Gun/staples
Can Brake Cleaner
WD-40
Can Marvels mystery oil spray/Rem Oil
Bottle of some kind of oil I picked up at the shot show
Rag
Black Sharpie
Gerber Multitool
A surveyors book filled with load data, etc.
I also have a IDPA size piece of sheet metal and a can of spray paint. I get cardboard from a mattress store, cut it a little oversized, then lay the metal on it and spray the outline of it on the cardboard. Then staple them onto the stands. (What can I say, I'm a cheapie.)

MrTenX
11-10-2003, 04:33 PM
I also use one of those Gate Mouth tool bags.

Carry about the same stuff as everybody else but, I also have a couple of GI Combat Dressings (you never know) and a .38/9mm brass squib rod.

Almost forgot--A package of pre-moistened bathing towels. Great for cleaning up after a few hours on the range.

Loudernhel
11-11-2003, 07:54 AM
MrTenX beat me to it but I'll second the military wound dressings because you do indeed, never know. I also used to carry one on my vest when I was on the job.

The handi-wipes ideas is a good one, I'll have to throw some in.

I use my old Galls' duty gear bag, the big square ones.

I carry the usual stuff plus I always try to keep extra eyes and disposable plugs handy for buddies that forgot thiers or for when I tak a newbie shooting.