PDA

View Full Version : Hot summer tactical scenario

Tommy.d
07-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Hot summer, you and your family want to go to swim-to beach or swimming pool-you are a real warrior and you cannot go without weapons.i think that diving knife is not a good idea...
What will you bring, which weapons...?I think that i can bring some improvised weapons to beach, pool(which improvised weapons will you choose?), but what will i have in water...
it is a hard problem for me, but i want win this fight with Mr. Murphy...

Thanx for sharing ideas

Tommy

Mike Chilton
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
If I'm going to the beach, I don't want to think about getting into anything but the water. But what I use to do, was take my 2" and place it in the lunch box or hidden in a towel or fanny pack.

But now I can't relax at the beach because I have to protect my weapon and worry about where it is at all the time and who is next to it! Might as well be at work. :eek:

DaveJames
07-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Do as I always did, take my dehorned modle 36 which had been nickled and place it in a home made crotch holster and place it in my trunks.

Or use my Neoprene thigh/knee brace and slip in a 32 or a 22 mini

Tommy.d
07-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Thank you very much for sharing ideas.I think soo-small revolver and speedloaders.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweatnbullets:
You are really happy man!!!What Cold Steel do you choose ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

But there can be a problem-You are NOT in your state, or you are in foreign country.Because of this you cannot choose gun, what will you choose in this pretty harder situation...i think that it can be some knife(knives-Which one(ones ) do you recommend?) and some improvised weapons-Which do you choose???
I do NOT want to meet Mr. Murphy in foreign country and I know that i cannot make an appoinment with emergency.
Please share you ideas and help me to win a figh with Mr. Murphy....

Tommy

Tommy.d
07-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Friends recommend to me Boye knife or Spyderco Salt-IWB-what do you think about that?Myself i think about Emerson La Griffe Ti-but it is not cheapest knife on market :-))) and i do not want to lose it in waves:-))))
Some impact weapons can be very very useful...And my fyvorite ASP-Does everybody know if i can take it to countries of European union and Turkey, Croatia ... without problems.....

thanx tommy

wrythawk
07-19-2004, 10:47 AM
asp batton's are illegal in belgium so I think there are some other country 's in europ who prohibit them to.
I'd go with a dive knife atatched to the leg or something
or a spyderco salt in a kydex neck or waist clip.
or maybe both ;)

B0486
07-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Didn't do the beach much, if at all, and not since I was a kid, yet live 8 miles from the Atlantic.

In trunks at the park, I'll have an frn Endura clipped to the trunks. If I think I'll need the gun, I'd take the seecamp in a belly band. Rinse it thoroughly after I get home.

Brownie

Steve Camp
07-19-2004, 11:19 AM
what is frn in an frn Endura? A style? A material?

B0486
07-19-2004, 11:28 AM
FRN=Frenolic Resin [ the plastic model ].

Brownie

Hasher
07-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Bad guys in the water? I am thinking concussion grenades . :D

Steve Camp
07-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Bad guys in the water? I am thinking concussion grenades . :D

At $200 a pop for the BATFE tax stamp... that's gonna get expensive in a hurry... not to mention the acquisition cost.

combat effective
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm not a beach/water person. If I do go swimming it is generally at a private pool or pond; so, it generally isn't an issue for me. It is a great question though.

I may do a rafting trip later in the summer. If I do I plan on using a fanny pack and carrying my stainless over plastic Ruger P95.

Tommy.d
07-19-2004, 01:55 PM
What will you carry in foreign country? It cannot be a gun.Do you have some more ideas about impact weapons???

Tommy

TEAK
07-19-2004, 07:17 PM
slip my g30 in a fannypack and stash it between some towels. when we go to the beach someone is always back by our stuff when others are in the water.

DaveJames
07-19-2004, 09:01 PM
CE, if doing the Rafting thing, look to Waller for a floating fag bag, they are used by some very nasty people here in Norfolk,,

Tommy, you out of county? you need to depend on improvised weapons, don't carry any thing real costly or yells AMERICAN,most of the time if your attacked, its going to be,do the quick,fast and deadly dirtiy, drop the weapon and walk away.bigest thing is to pick the place your going carefully.Look for where the middle clas goes

Steve Camp
07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Waller for a floating fag bag,

What is a fag bag? And what is Waller? Wally World?

DaveJames
07-19-2004, 10:00 PM
steve
fag,bag=fanny pack

Waller, can't think of the link but he produces packs,bags and the old fashion Colt hammer shrouds.

Tommy.d
07-20-2004, 02:35 AM
Yes, I agree that bigest thing is to pick the place your going carefully, but i cannot make an appoinment with emergency and because of this i will bring some improvised weapons as you mention too.But i believe that some small(3-4 inches blade) pocket folding knife donīt cause any problem(but in United Kingdom it means 2 years in prison.-(((((((((-did you see a poster-www.donrearic.com/defendingyourselfinbritain.html
very useful page but i do NOT want to go to UK.

Can you send me a link to company where i can buy floating
fanny pack , please?It is very good fo home state use...Can i swim with it ???

Tommy

tommy

michael
07-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Look at the "Mariner Bag" at:

www.wallerandson.com/ (http://www.wallerandson.com/)

Tommy.d
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Michael, thank you very much.I found some newer model "Sub" Mariner:The WALLERŪ "Sub" MarinerŪ Bag is a compact version of our MarinerŪ Bag designed for the compact handguns so in vogue today. It too will float with gun and accouterment (i.e. spare mag, cuffs, ID, keys). It is contoured to conform to body when walking and sitting. It also has 2 compartments. Available now in Grey and Black.
It may scream "GUN" but now i donīt know better place for me gun in my home state on the beach.
Tommy

michael
07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
You're welcome. Looks like a pretty sweet pack.

sp0rk
07-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Do as I always did, take my dehorned modle 36 which had been nickled and place it in a home made crotch holster and place it in my trunks.

You're braver than I am. I don't place a gun next to my gun!

Steve Camp
07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
You're braver than I am. I don't place a gun next to my gun!

Shouldn't that be I don't place a pistol next to my gun!???

This is my rifle... this is my gun... this is for business, this is for fun...

DaveJames
07-20-2004, 09:16 PM
HA!HA! never with a semi,only a revolver,, hell if you think thats bad, you should have with us on the nude beach ;)

THanks Michael, thats the group, very good guys to deal with, and great stuff to boot

mlhoward
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't 2 eyes full of sunscreen be a deterrent?