PDA

View Full Version : Strategy For the Street

john doe
07-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I found this in a news group years ago. Would just like to get your opinions on this, again this is not mine, just thought it was worth looking at.

I have used this strategy for defense and assaults in many circumstance. It sounds very simple but it WORKS. I train for power punching left right left right left right on a heavy bag and weights. Hard hook shots. Other than that i do alot of grappling from the gaurd.
When i am engaged i start throwing these left right lefts hard at the head til they drop. The only time things go bad is when a clinch starts up (about 1 in 10 times) i then start one hand punching and hammering for the nose to get em off me as i figure i don’t have leverage for a knockout punch. As they back off from the clinch they’ll turn their back alot of times and i then restart my left right left. Sometimes it has went to the ground. When this happens i can usually go into the gaurd and eventually roll them into the mounted position where i pummel them til they turn over and i get up and start again with the left right left when they get up. I triangle choked one guy from the gaurd but that was because he was standing up inside the gaurd punching me and trying to pick me up and slam me.
I have lost 5 times out of between 50 or 100 fights ( i live in a reneck town with alot of working class farmer/brawlers and alot of mexican gangbangers). Of the three one man was HUGE and just out punched me and knocked me out but i have beaten bigger ( a boxer?). Another slipped the puches and kicked me in the ribs so hard i dropped and he then kicked me in the face while i was down and i played possum( a pro?). Another pummeled me inside my gaurd and got up and ran off (a draw as far as im concerned) and another was my size but also just managed to out punch me so bad i ran off( a boxer?). The worst was when I had long hair a guy mangaed to get hold of it inside a clinch, threw me back and kicked me in the face while holding my hair for about 5 minuites while I tryed to block and parry the short kicks he threw my friends eventually broke that one up but i got a broken nose and a tooth threw the lip, i cut my hair needless to say.
I know this doesnt sound good from the perspective of the losses but i
believe those were all flukes and wanted to illustrate how “odd” of
circumstances they were. I cant even name all the predictable wins ive had from
this strategy or it would take 2 days. I have beaten a confirmed Judo man as
well as a rumored akido practicioner. I have even beaten 3 boxers in a ring
with gloves on (one was a city champion of my weight class) and have beaten 2
more boxers outside a ring i even KOed one). I think this strategy is VERY
worthy of consideration for those of you undecided on one and also worth a look
for those who are fighting alot and losing.
I must say these were alot of “challenges” though not random chaotic violence. You wanna prevent that KEEP YOU BACK AGAINST THE WALL. I never get back jumped doing this. Also carry a can of mace for multipe attackers. I carry a small pistol for if confronted by a knife (if i have time to draw if not its back to the left right left). Anything where its really explosive and fast such as a bullrush by two guys i once had i just go into the “left right left til they drop” and its never failed me in the few life or death situation ive had.
Asking for any more than what my system can do for you is Hollywood dreaming. My system works for me 90-95% of the time, i know alot of gurus say “anything less than 100% can get you killed. But these guys are living in a billy jack fantasy if they think shit cant get hectic enough to kill even them.
No one man is an army, drop that hollywood bullshit and youll get alot better of a system worked in than if you keep “swapping systems” every week for the new invincible pancratic combat engineering” or other shit. I am positive that NO ONE has ever survived more than 10 attempts on thier life that isnt a liar or trying to promote something.
When someone trys to beat you or kill you they have a brain and determination also no matter what your style. No one is the “main character” !!!!!!! I have been in enough shit to know mindset is everything and you don’t need MUCH “killer instinct” or a cool head” to just punch and punch til they drop. I have seen alot of guys get fancy (or who i know to be fancy) and watched em freeze up or forget what to do when it comes down to the shit.
I train heavy bag 2 times a week (with sometimes a dash of chasing a focus mit woith punches while my partner backs up and moves in with it) and do from the gaurd grappling about 2 times a month. I lift 4 times a week and can bench 250 8 reps, overhead 170 8 reps, curl 155 6 times. As you can see im not really that strong and dont train that often yet the strategy still works. Its worked since i could only bench 200 for 8 and do 135 for 8 on overhead. Its not
strength based.

Steve Camp
07-05-2004, 06:30 PM
I have no clue.

His system is simple. But, if he has been in 100+ fights... then may I safely assume that he has had 10+ attempts on his life? By his own words, then, he is either a liar, or trying to promote something.

OTOH, benching 250lbs 8+ reps DOES sound kinda strong to me. A lot stronger than I am. Curls 155lbs 6+ times? I'd say this is a really strong guy, with good endurance... who can hit pretty hard... so I wouldn't doubt that he has won a lot of fights.

Still... what is that chirping I hear? Oh yeah... it's my BS meter going off. Any one else hearing their BS meter beeping?

OdieWon
07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
This guy sounds pretty strong, but he definitely also sounds like a blowhard.

He may have actually been in all of those fights, and that is a lot of fights, no doubt. But we don't know if he picked them or what. I could go get into a bunch of fights with some high school tae kwon do students, over a period of months. And even if I take them down, does that make me a tough guy, NO.

Yup, my BS meter is stuck on "there's more to this story".

DaveJames
07-05-2004, 09:49 PM
I worked a county where there where Farmers and Ranchers, and on the weekends, it was fights all night long, but very seldom the same guys, IMO if he has been in that many fights, he's looking for them, sounds like he fights like ole Rocky Marchiano, he may be strong but I don't see any thing where he's doing streches to keep limber

Al Lipscomb
07-06-2004, 07:18 AM
100 fights, some in the ring some out. Three or four years, it could happen.

Take a look a the WWII combatives, very simple. No rocket science. Most of the solid combat skills deal with hitting hard and fast.

billcameron
07-06-2004, 01:12 PM
I am glad I have enough resourses so I don't have to live in his neighborhood.

Wilhelm
07-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello all guys 1st post here. Personally going to the guard is against everything I believe. He is putting some one on top of them and then throwing punches hopeing to "roll" them into mount. Makes no sense to me. 1st wrestler he meets is gonna destroy him.

B0486
07-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorta reminds me of this one:

" I hit him with so many lefts, he was begging for a right."

I've never thought to keep track of such things as the poster obviously has here.

Brownie

Al Lipscomb
07-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Hello all guys 1st post here. Personally going to the guard is against everything I believe. He is putting some one on top of them and then throwing punches hopeing to "roll" them into mount. Makes no sense to me. 1st wrestler he meets is gonna destroy him.

Or the first time a second attacker gets involved. Being on the ground is not good.

Wilhelm
07-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Or the first time a second attacker gets involved. Being on the ground is not good.
As far as I am concerned if a 2nd adversary shows it is no long an UNarmed confrontation.

N/A
07-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I do not agree with this at all. This poster sounds like a liar or a hillbilly. "I jess wind up and hit that suma bit**."

Any skilled fighter can usally react to the Billy Bob rush approach. A good kickboxer would embarass someone fighting like this. He even mentioned one of his "losses" was because of a kick. Heehaw would also have one hell of a time flailing at someone very familiar with Ju Jitsu. He would most likely end up on the ground with a broken arm very quickly.

I suppose this approach is suitable for drunken bar fights if your head is solid skull. Those of us with brains are wise to actually learn how to fight and then avoid fighting if possible.Those who learn to fight effectively understand that they must be responsible because knowing how to fight means knowing how to seriously injure someone and risks of fighting wrecklessly are not worth it. One must question the mentality of someone who finds himself in 100 fights. I have not been in a real fight in years. I gave someone a concussion accidentially with a leg block in a kickboxing tournament 5 years ago and it really changed the way I look at things. I never escalate any situation but should there come a time when I must defend myself, I will not hesitate to do so.

Q-ball
07-11-2004, 12:27 AM
I think I found the fighting style here:http://www.toddweeksmovies.com/Video%20Samples.htm
Check out the second and third samples for his hook shots. Screw Tae Bo, I gonna train with this guy!;)

Wilhelm
07-11-2004, 09:41 AM
That dude is a trip.

Geezer
07-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I have no opinion on anyone else's veracity. However, for the record, from 1946 to 1949, in grammar school, I lost a mininum of 500 fights. That is a very, very conservative figure. (They were the result of a case of mistaken identity hate profiling and a speech defect...I was unable to say "I give.")

If you older fellows will recall grammar school, most fights started as pushing, then went to flurries of left right left right and then went to grappling on the ground until some adult broke them up.

In any case, several of my opponents could easily claim to have won 2 or 3 hundred fights.

God bless and y'all be careful out there.

Sat_Cong
07-12-2004, 02:00 PM
I recall reading about spetz training where the trainee was taught to punch left/right very hard and very quickly, I think I remember a target number somewhere on the order of 100 telling blows/minute.
As a bouncer in a bar, and much earlier, a young man on Shore Patrol in the med with Sixth Fleet, 30 years ago, I remember some fights that went to the winner with a similar technique. Though I don't remember any instances where more than six to eight consecutive blows were landed before any pugilistic endeavour was over.
I once had to place under "lawful arrest" a large Bos'un who had just vanquished an Italian national with this same technique. He was not effective in his defense against a PR-24 jab to the solar plexus, and a strike to his outer knee, but he was still wanting to even after the cuffs were on.
Sat_Cong

Mike Chilton
07-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Hitting First, Hard & Fast!

100 fights, some in the ring some out. Three or four years, it could happen.

Take a look a the WWII combatives, very simple. No rocket science. Most of the solid combat skills deal with hitting hard and fast.

DEAN HICKS
07-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Out of these 100-odd fights, my suprise is that no one has tried to slip some steel into him or shoot him.....at least he never mentions it. In my neck of the woods, out of that many fights, the chances of not getting cut, stabbed or shot at least once are about like winning the lotto.