PDA

View Full Version : Hand to hand combat for police officers (DVD)

Seppo Vesala
10-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Hand to hand combat for police officers

Producer: LOTI group, 2003

Instuctor: C.J. Caracci

Chapters:
- Angles (of approach)
- Center of gravity
- Elbow & knee strikes
- Open hand stikes
- Wrist holds
- Wrist locks
- Wrist lock counters
- Pressure points
- Handcuff kneeling
- Handcuff prone
- 2 officer handcuff
- weapon retention
- countermoves

The two first chapters create a foundation on which all the following techniques are based.

The techniques are instructed in great detail, with Caracci explaining the important details of each technique. He gives a thorouhg explanation on each technique without using fancy terms. The techniques are shown in stages and with quick reviews. On some occasions he also shows some minor deviations from the technique, or an alternative technique. Caracci shows also counter techniques to some of the techniques instructed here. That helps you to understand to what details are important in executing the technique.

I am not a martial artist, but I had no difficulty following the instrucitons given in the film. I also had an opportunity to try some of the techniques a day or two after seeing the film, and they seemed to work well in real world situations.

Even if your department policy demands different techniques, you still can use the little tricks shown on the film (like, when handcuffing a suspect, give all the verbal commands from behind the suspect, from the opposite side that you are going to handcuff first, to confuse the suspect).

As a whole, this is a very good film, and highly recommended.

Run time: 1:44

Format: DVD (also available on VHS)

DVD extras: no extras

Grey Wolf
10-25-2003, 02:10 AM
Seppo Vesala

Do you know where I could get this DVD/VHS video in the US? Seems like a good watch (and I may be able to talk the Defensive Tatics instructor to get it on PD budget ;) )

Thanks
Grey Wolf

Seppo Vesala
10-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Seppo Vesala

Do you know where I could get this DVD/VHS video in the US? Seems like a good watch (and I may be able to talk the Defensive Tatics instructor to get it on PD budget ;) )

Thanks
Grey Wolf

Itīs available on Amazon.com as a VHS (out of stock at the moment) and DVD ($29.90). I recommend Amazon highly.

However, for better deal go to www.navysealteams.com (http://). The price is the same as in Amazon, but if you buy one film, you get another for 1/2 price.