PDA

View Full Version : P90x??

battlecreek1
05-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Anyone tried it? Seems to be some pretty good/innovative body weight exercises and good basis in pull-ups and push-ups. I was thinking of trying it out, but wanted to see if anyone had tried it first? Thanks.

michael
05-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I've got a friend who has been doing it for quite a while. He has always been thin, but very strong for his size, and is also a martial artist. He likes it a lot, and says that many times the workout leaves him nauseous because of the intensity. According to him, the worst part is that each workout requires an hour or so of time, which for me is too long.

He does like the fact that there are many different types of workouts within the system, so it does give a great variety to your workout.

Cold War Scout
05-20-2007, 04:30 PM
It's a very good infomercial. I have not seen anything more than that, although "Nena"s" sister supposedly bought the set some time back (but never used it..I think it may have just been called Beach Body then). I think the concept of switching things up is very valid, and it generally seems to work for me. Switching things up is how I train Nena, and she likes it a lot. Today I ran her through a workout I had last run her through a month ago. Bodyweight. She did more reps of each "critical exercise" (pushups, pull-ups, and dips) than she did the last time, and did more reps in every one of the sets she had to do. Other exercises, like burpees, I just had her do the same number, but she did them faster.

I think one could probably get a lot worse DVDs for fitness than the P90X program, if DVDs at home is the way one wants to go. Great marketing of this product. The price seems kind of steep for stuff you can do yourself, but some people do better with a trainer pushing them. The people who get personal training at The Warriors Forge perform infinitely better than they would if they did stuff at home.

Dog Soldier
10-15-2007, 04:33 PM
My 19yr old son just bought this program..We setup the pull up bar, got the barbells, heart monitor, etc etc....This is a very intense training program and I do mean intense. If you are not in good shape to begin with, you had better drop down to the P90 program and take your time. He cant do even 1/2 of what they are doing and he's in pretty good shape...I'm 57 yrs old but I'm going to give it a try anyways..Tony Horton is in unbelievable physical condition. I've been in a few training programs over the years including martial arts,weight training etc nothing comes close to this..I'll keep ya'll posted on results as time goes by and yes we will do some before and after pics for anyone that wants see the results..yeh right..

TomFurman
10-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Most of the gang I speak to say it is well done, but the Kenpo is kinda lame. (Ed Parker is pissed off in heaven). It looks to be real well made, and variety keeps you from getting bored.

MDTS
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I bought it for my g/f last year and she used it and liked it very much for several months. The program is well thought out and varied. The yoga portion is really hard IMO having never done yoga before.

If someone wants to buy it, let me know. She doesn't use it now that Dino is working with us.