PDA

View Full Version : Rem 11-87 Premier Question

rangerivan
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I read the other thread of 1100 vs 11-87. It was helpful but I need a little advice and or opinions. I have a 12 year old 11-87 Premier I bought new which has seen little use.

What does Premier mean? If I wanted a self defense shotgun would I be better off selling this one and starting over or are there a few simple modifications I could do to make it more capable as a sd shotgun?

I'm not looking to end up with an exotic black frankengun just something to take to a course and have around the house until the end of time.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Dr.T
03-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I have an 1100 with an iron-sight deer barrel as a HD shotgun. It works quite well. Basically, you can do the same with the 11-87. However make sure that whatever loads you use will cycle the gun. Many prefer to use standard rather than tactical buckshot the the Remington autos because it is more reliable.

rangerivan
03-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Mathew:

Thanks much for the advice - exactly what I needed. If I'm taking a sd course, do you have any pros or cons on mag extension tubes? Any particular brand that you would recommend?