PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my G34

LittleLebowski
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Does anybody here have any first hand experience with the new Wilson Combat ADP?

SIRVEYR666
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Are you insane?:eek: Why would you sell a G34?

I'm just funnin' ya. IMHO, Wilson Combat should stick to building what they are good at...over-priced 1911's. They are really good at that. They should leave the poly stuff to Glock.

In answer to your question, No, I do not have any first hand experience with the ADP. Sorry.

Great site by the way. I've been lurking for quite awhile, I just decided to start posting. I feel like an a$$ with only (2) posts.:dope:

LittleLebowski
03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
It just doesn't fit my hand like my two perfectly functioning 1911s.

Joseph Timbs
03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Consider having the frame reshaped to fit your hands

LittleLebowski
03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I am considering it but dangit, I like new guns too :D Anybody care to recommend someone who can reshape the grip? Personal experience preferred.

yoni
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
You are the best one to grind on your grip, get ma dremel and go slow.

You will end up with a pistol that fits your hand like nothing else will. Then take a sodering gun and stipple the grip again go slow.

Yoni

sg4x4fordtough
03-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Are you insane?:eek: Why would you sell a G34?

I'm just funnin' ya. IMHO, Wilson Combat should stick to building what they are good at...over-priced 1911's. They are really good at that. They should leave the poly stuff to Glock.

In answer to your question, No, I do not have any first hand experience with the ADP. Sorry.

Great site by the way. I've been lurking for quite awhile, I just decided to start posting. I feel like an a$$ with only (2) posts.:dope:
yeah since Springfeild builds a better poly gun. and my 1911's run great and wont give up get rid of your glock definitly:dope:

MTS
03-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I am considering it but dangit, I like new guns too :D Anybody care to recommend someone who can reshape the grip? Personal experience preferred.

Robar did a G22 and a G30 for me that turned out well.

John Chambers
03-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Heritage Firearms in Austin, TX. They have done 3 of the family Glocks and will do the G35 I am saving $$ to purchase.

JC

bae4
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Robar did a G22 and a G30 for me that turned out well.

Got any pictures?

Decado
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Mark I would like to see a pic of your modified G30. Thanks.

Decado

yoni
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I will try to remember to post some pictures when I get back to where I can have me the glocks and a camera all in one place so I can do it.

But what I did was very simple I took a look at a first gen Glock 17 right next the my 3rd gen Glock and made the following discovery.

Gaston Glock is not that smart.

The problem with the gen one Glock was that the frame was slick to the touch and it was hard to get a good grip on the pistol.

So instead of keeping the same frame size and just putting a rougher finish to the plactic Glock added the heavy checkering to the grip by adding on material. For me this took a pistol that felt great in my hand and turned it into a pistol that just never flt "right".

All I have done to my Glocks was to grind off the finger grooves and the checkering leaving the plastic under all the added on checkering and finger grips the same size as the gen 1 gun.

I then took a fine tipped soddering gun and lightly stippled the grip. I also tried using liquid rubber like that you would find on plier handels but this was less than satisfactory since it just would not hold up.

I also have stipples the whole of the grip and then have done sone with just the front and back of the grip stippled which is how I will do all of the pistols I do in the future as it seems the best for me.

Yoni

MTS
03-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Got any pictures?

No, I no longer own either pistol, sorry.

LittleLebowski
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
The Glock 34 is up for sale on this site. Shot it the other day and just can't get into it anymore.