100 situps
5 sets of alternating snatches 52# KB x 20 x 1, and 63#KB x 10 x 4
5 sets of clean and press 52#KB x 10 each arm x 1, and 63#KB x 5 each arm x4
5 more sets of 10 alternating snatch/swings

At the end I am smoked.

Cold War Scout
02-16-2007, 05:07 PM
February 16th
- Home dumbbells workout. 36 different exercises. 42 total sets.

Heading up to NJ for the weekend. Not sure I will get to do much up there so I had to make today's workout respectable.

michael
02-17-2007, 05:59 PM
2/17

3 sets of KB deadlifts x 20 reps
3 sets of KB cleans x 12 reps
3 sets of KB presses x 12 reps
3 sets of KB swings x 20 reps
3 sets of v situps
10 minutes of stretching

All while watching "Die Less Often"

Cold War Scout
02-18-2007, 10:19 AM
February 17th (from New Jersey)
- 105 burpees in 7 sets
- 6 sets dumbbell thrusters
- 10 minutes on an elliptical
- 3 sets of dumbbell power cleans

Cold War Scout
02-18-2007, 10:22 AM
February 18th (from New Jersey)
- 5 sets of with 35 lb. kettlebell that I brought with me:
one-handed swings
snatches
clean and presses
cleans

- did some dumbbell situps, kettlebell high windmills, leg raises with ankle weights, flutter kicks with ankle weights, dragon walks, and 1 Turkish get-up.

Gabriel Suarez
02-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Yesterday: 65 degrees with wind
30 Minutes pistol drills
45 minute run in the woods

Today: Light snow*
30 minutes AK drills with underfolder
Kettlebells Drills
10 Alternating snatches
10 One handed swings
10 Clean and Press
For five sets with the 53# and the 62#
Then 5 sets of ten one handed swings in rapid succession.

*Something about training hard in the elements that really gets the primal spirit going...specially with a Kalashnikov nearby.

BadKarma
02-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Burpees, kettlebells and sandbags.

Burpees to include truck jumps. As many as you can do in 1 minute, with 45 secs of shadowboxing between sets X 5. Sometimes I do plyometric box drills instead.

I use 1/2 kettles for reps. Presses and rows, 30 secs of each with 1 min shadowboxing between sets X 5.

Sandbags for snatch and grabs with a squat lunge per snatch. 1 minute drill followed by 45 secs shadow boxing X 5
It goes like this:
Snatch and jerk up to chest
place on left shoulder
switch to right shoulder
squat lunge
put down
Alternate sides on the lead leg for the lunge

100 crunches between 1st and 2nd exercise
100 mountain climbers between 2nd and 3rd head up to complete each leg coming up
100 bicycle leg kicks after 3rd exercise

It's a 30 minute workout. It took me about 4 months to be able to complete it without stopping at about 70% speed.

you can work other exercises in once your body gets adjusted to the ones above.

This was designed by me for fitness on a sailboat without a lot of extra equipment and can be done on a small dock or deckspace if needed. Basically the sandbag is a military duffle bag i carry other gear in filled with sand if I can get it or water bladders if I can't.

The kettle bell is a 3 gallon bucket filled with water and used to store tools and other things to be hoisted up the mast for repairs etc.

Everything else is ass and elbows.

If you want cardio, check out Bas Ruttens workout. The 28 minute warm up will make most people puke.

Al Lipscomb
02-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Had my son talk me into joining a gym. I have one at work but it does not have all of the things that let me train as much as I should (excuses, excuses). So for yesterday (Sunday):

Kettlebells! An interesting tool. Some mild upper body work to start to learn this one.

Complete workout, first one in a long time. Had trouble making it back down the stairs I was so spent. Cam machines for every muscle group plus a free weight session of bench press. Did better than I thought I would.

BadKarma
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
You should start slowly.

The first time I did the workout I described above, I woke up the next day and thought I had contracted polio.

Cold War Scout
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
February 19th (from NJ):
- dumbbells workout in hotel fitness center. Didn't really keep track....just a bunch of things to keep the groove greased.

michael
02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
2/18

6 sets of bench press, 1 minute rest in between sets to keep the groove greased

2/19

10 minutes elliptical
3 sets of pull-ups to failure
5 sets of KB swings
3 sets of KB clean and press
3 sets of KB deadlifts
1 set of KB cleans
10 minutes stretching

Cold War Scout
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
2/18

6 sets of bench press, 1 minute rest in between sets to keep the groove greased

2/19

10 minutes elliptical
3 sets of pull-ups to failure
5 sets of KB swings
3 sets of KB clean and press
3 sets of KB deadlifts
1 set of KB cleans
10 minutes stretching

Did you get your 53 lb. KB yet?

Cold War Scout
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
February 20th
- Clubbells workout. Am researching a potential work project so did not have as much time as usual. 30 different exercises; 33 total sets.

Gabriel Suarez
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
30 minutes dry drills
45 minute run.

michael
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Did you get your 53 lb. KB yet?

I've had it for about a week, and I got a 26 today and am going to try and get the wife to use it. I'm thinking about getting a 62 or even heavier for deadlifts.

Cold War Scout
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I've had it for about a week, and I got a 26 today and am going to try and get the wife to use it. I'm thinking about getting a 62 or even heavier for deadlifts.

Why not just use a barbell?

JohnH11B
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Kind of proud that this is my first post of this type:D Ran 2 miles and then 4 sets of 10 pushups, then good stretch. Burns me up that in 2001 while preparing for SWAT school I could go 5 miles and do 50-55 pushups in a minute, but it's nobody's fault but mine.

michael
02-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Why not just use a barbell?

I do sometimes, but I've been experimenting with the KB's to get a feel for them. It actually seems that, with my back problem, I can go deeper into the squat part of the movement with a KB than I can a barbell---the barbell adds more stress to my low back.

michael
02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Kind of proud that this is my first post of this type:D Ran 2 miles and then 4 sets of 10 pushups, then good stretch. Burns me up that in 2001 while preparing for SWAT school I could go 5 miles and do 50-55 pushups in a minute, but it's nobody's fault but mine.

Good job, John! You'll get back there in short order, just keep pluggin' along.

Cold War Scout
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
February 21st
40 lb. weight vest; approx. 2.5 + mile walk. It was in the 50s today so it was nice to get outside.

yoni
02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Start with a 5 mile run.

Then I move to the weights 6 sets of the following

Bench Press 350 pounds
Shrugs 300 pounds
Bent over row 200 pounds
High Cable row 150 pounds
Low cable row 140 pounds
Triceps push down 120 pounds
Lats 260 pounds
Rowing 260 pounds
Curls bumb bells 80 pounds each

On the days I dont lift I run the 5 miles and then run stairs for 30 - 60 minutes.

Yoni

michael
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
2/21

20 minutes on the elliptical
5 sets of bench press
3 sets of v situps
3 sets of one-handed KB snatches
4 sets of KB presses

JohnH11B
02-21-2007, 07:19 PM
2/21

jogged 2 miles
4 sets of 11 pushups
crunchies/ v situps

Skpotamus
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Warmed up with 3 rounds of 5 minutes on the jump rope. In between each round I did 10 burpees then a 1 minute rest.

3 sets of 10 Renegade Pushups with 35lb dumbbells.
200 crunches
200 Flutter Kicks/Good mornings
100 Shootwrestler squats (Hindu squats)
10 Progressive Kick and Holds (throw a slow motion kick as high as you can and hold it at full height and tension. 1st rep = 1 sec, 2nd rep = 2 sec, etc until 10 full seconds), with Round, side and front kicks.
Stretched out

MDTS
02-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Start with a 5 mile run.

Then I move to the weights 6 sets of the following

Bench Press 350 pounds
Shrugs 300 pounds
Bent over row 200 pounds
High Cable row 150 pounds
Low cable row 140 pounds
Triceps push down 120 pounds
Lats 260 pounds
Rowing 260 pounds
Curls bumb bells 80 pounds each

On the days I dont lift I run the 5 miles and then run stairs for 30 - 60 minutes.

Yoni

Yoni, this is simply monstrous and strikes fear in me as to what you look like to be able to do this amount of work. :eek:

Are the cattle scarce in your neck of the woods- Because your eating them all!!!!

Good show! Damn.

Cold War Scout
02-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Yoni, this is simply monstrous and strikes fear in me as to what you look like to be able to do this amount of work. :eek:

Are the cattle scarce in your neck of the woods- Because your eating them all!!!!

Good show! Damn.

I was kinda thinking the same thing!

Al Lipscomb
02-22-2007, 07:34 AM
You should start slowly.

The first time I did the workout I described above, I woke up the next day and thought I had contracted polio.

We have a weight room at work that I was using twice to three times a week. It just does not have all of the options that the gym has.

So Tuesday a full workout on the machines, this time adding abs but not doing any free weight. Light on the kettle bells but still feeling them.

Gabriel Suarez
02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
30 minutes AK drills
10 sets of 10 Alternating KB Snatches
5 sets of 10 KB clean and press
5 sets of 10 KB Squats
Abs
Stretching

Cold War Scout
02-22-2007, 09:29 AM
February 22nd
- Kettlebells. My pathetic "heavy" workout. 31 different exercises. 39 total sets.

MDTS
02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
February 22nd
- Kettlebells. My pathetic "heavy" workout. 31 different exercises. 39 total sets.

R- So far I haven't seen anything which resembles "pathetic" in your workouts. A lot of guys can move weights around but have trouble moving thier own bodies. Go figure.

Cold War Scout
02-22-2007, 10:02 AM
R- So far I haven't seen anything which resembles "pathetic" in your workouts. A lot of guys can move weights around but have trouble moving thier own bodies. Go figure.

I do try to mix it up so I can do a little of both.

We had a guy on a mission I had down south. He looked like the ultimate cyborg warrior. The students called him "Dolf Lundgren" because of the resemblance. He would go to the gym and pump iron for hours several times a week, and work isolated muscles (I saw him work out once). He had a great "operators" package on paper. He looked physically awesome but as we were to shortly find out, he was structurally unintegrated.

During the first day of combatives training, the shortest, fattest, most out of shape, ugliest student (the other students nicknamed him Teletubby) did not have a partner. So arrogant Dolf agreed (because it was after all usually below him to do such) to work with him. Within 5 minutes Dolf had blown out a knee and wound up being medevaced back to the states and out of work for almost a year. The simple fact is that Dolf was like a house of cards. Standing, but not much holding it all together.

MDTS
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
CWS- I can relate. Not that I have ever been or felt like Dolph, but I used to follow the same prescription as him hitting the weights religiously in a bodybuilder fashion thinking the more muscle, the more armor I had. Bullshit. As I got heavier with muscle and fat (since I like to eat! :dope: ) I had more and more trouble moving my mass functionally and effectively and saw a steady decline in performance. But I had been bitten by the iron bug and slick marketing of the magazines and supplement industry. It wasn't until I had my ass handed to me by an old training partner and his deconstruction of me during debrief that made me realize where I went wrong. For the past 2 years I have been trying to fix that problem, drop excess weight and rehad old ego-driven injuries. Its slow going but I will get there. I am now a firm believer in functional movements and task specific fitness for shock combat with simple complex movement strength days thrown in.

Wylycoyte
02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
There was a guy in the class I used to go to that outweighed me by 40 lbs or so and could bench double what I could. His knees were blown, his back was out and he had constant wrist problems from benching heavy. I could push him all over the room in the plumm.

I've no doubt he was stronger than I and should have been able to own me. For whatever reason, I never saw any evidence that he could.

Oh, his cardio sucked, too. Nothing like having to keep taking breaks in a 2 hour class as your partner recovers his wind.

atrox_vis
02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Now that all the construction in our facility is, for all intents and purposes, complete, I finally have time to begin my own physical training regimen. Today being day 1, started with something easy.
25 - 20 - 15 - 10 - 5 Reps for time
Power Snatches from Hang - 95Lbs
36" Box Jumps
Pull-ups
And Then a 1000 Meter C2 Rowing Sprint
Time: 27:32.4
It feels good to be back in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnH11B
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Basketball with the kids for 45 minutes(does that count?)
V situps

Cold War Scout
02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Basketball with the kids for 45 minutes(does that count?)
V situps

Of course! Because they probably ran your a$$ ragged.

Al Lipscomb
02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Another run through the machines.
Kettlebells, still light and gentle but working up a sweat.
Treadmill.

I keep pushing a little harder each day. I go home tired, wake up the next day sore but am feeling better than I have since my knee surgury a couple of years ago.

Cold War Scout
02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Another run through the machines.
Kettlebells, still light and gentle but working up a sweat.
Treadmill.

I keep pushing a little harder each day. I go home tired, wake up the next day sore but am feeling better than I have since my knee surgury a couple of years ago.

You are playing it smart. Great job!

JohnH11B
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Where do they get their energy???:D

michael
02-23-2007, 03:27 AM
You are playing it smart. Great job!

Good job Arl!

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your body. Slow and steady, and you will get there.

yoni
02-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Good show! Damn.

MDTS

I just look like me, I don't look like Arnold or anything.

I put down my work out for a reason but was so sleep deprived yesterday I forgot to write down all my thoughts.

When I was working in Israel I used to run 10 miles 6 days a week in full gear with my rifle in my hands. I ran the border area between Israel 1967 border and the Palestinian occupied west bank know to some of us as Judea and Samaria.

Any way once I left my village I would chamber a round in my rifle and flip the selector to full auto in case I ran into any haji's who might not like me. I also hit the weight room 3 days a week. Everybody was in great shape.

I retired and stopped doing anything at all and put on 40 pounds. It was hard to sell a company as high speed security when one of the partners looked like a teletubby.

So I started to work out again and I could not even guess at how out of shape I had become.

I am 30 pounds lighter and doing the workout I listed and will now .never stop working out. As age turns against me I may switch from running to a bike but I will always push the weights.

I was last night at an event where everybody was my age and all the guys had big guts hanging over their belts and it was gross. One of the wifes even came up to me and asked how I stayed looking so good compaired to all the other husbands in the room. So I told her I lift weights and run every day is at least a 90 minute workout.

So she reaches out and touches my arm and then reaches down and squeezes my thigh and looks me in the eye and say "My you are hard, I have not made love to a really hard man in 30 years":eek:

I told her she looked good but not good enough for me to have to shoot her husband over and told her to have a good night:cool:

So guys as it has been stated in this thread Rome was not built in a day, start working out and make it a 6 day a week thing and soon you can be "hard" like me:D

Yoni

Cold War Scout
02-23-2007, 09:38 AM
I told her she looked good but not good enough for me to have to shoot her husband over and told her to have a good night:cool:

Yoni

This wins line of the month. :)

MDTS
02-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Yoni- That is some funny shit :D

You make many salient points. Great post.

Al Lipscomb
02-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I thought chicks dug fat old bald men :(

But I have to agree with the idea that if you are going to be selling your companies resources you have to have a workable image. Nobody would mistake me for a high-speed-low-drag guy and that is nothing I am proud of!

Cold War Scout
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
February 23rd
- Did a bodyweight routine using weight vest (32 lbs.), ankle weights and Heavy Hands. I picked 15 exercises of the 30 or so I normally do, and did triplets of each of the 15. So I guess that would be 45 sets in all.

Thor67
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Nice!

I was a certified personal trainer for a few years, and yes, you've got to keep the workouts real, and functional.

Cardio is a must too, wether that's running, biking, shoveling snow (one of the best actually), or whatever. Start out slow, and ramp up. See a doctor first to make sure everything is in good working order.

Machines are OK if that's all you've got, but free weights will help to build your supporting and stabilizing muscles better.

Also, I like martial arts, so I'll throw in some punches with light dumbells, or kicks with light ankle weights too. If you want a great cardio workout, do several "bursts" on a heavy bag with everything you've got - punches and kicks - for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

If you want to burn fat, do cardio first thing in the morning - before breakfast. Your body will burn the carb stores from the night before first, but then turns to converting fat for energy.

I recently read an article saying that the clean and jerk and snatch were two of the best all around exercises for power.

Cold War Scout
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
I recently read an article saying that the clean and jerk and snatch were two of the best all around exercises for power.

From what I have seen (and personally experienced) at The Warriors Forge (formerly known as The Inferno), I think Olympic lifting is up at the top of the best conditioning philosophies out there.

atrox_vis
02-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I am on a roll, I have two solid training sessions in as many days. Today I did the following:
As Many Rounds As Possible In 25 Minutes
5 Band Sprint Starts + 5
5 DeadLifts - 225Lbs
5 Push Presses - 135Lbs
Total Rounds: 11
Then A 1000 Meter C2 Rower Sprint In 4:00

atrox_vis
02-23-2007, 03:54 PM
The work-out that I had my females do today was as follows:
50 Pull-ups
50 Barbell Thrusters - 65Lbs
50 Push-ups
50 Sumo DeadLift High Pulls - 55Lbs
50 Knees to Elbows
50 Dumbbell Squat Cleans - 25 Lbs
50 Sit-ups
50 KettleBell Core Busters - 20Kgs
The two fastest times were 30:46 (Sherrie) & 31:16 (Erin)

Jack Rumbaugh
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I did the workout Dino gave me.

25 Burpees
25 Pushups
25 Sit ups
25 BW Squats

I won't tell you how tired I was...:rolleyes:

I'm a believer now.

Cold War Scout
02-24-2007, 07:27 AM
February 24th
- Dumbbell thrusters. 17 sets; 210 reps. Nothing to write home about, just enough to keep the groove greased. And now off to watch track for the rest of the day/early evening.

Cold War Scout
02-24-2007, 07:39 AM
CWS- I can relate. Not that I have ever been or felt like Dolph, but I used to follow the same prescription as him hitting the weights religiously in a bodybuilder fashion thinking the more muscle, the more armor I had. Bullshit. As I got heavier with muscle and fat (since I like to eat! :dope: ) I had more and more trouble moving my mass functionally and effectively and saw a steady decline in performance. But I had been bitten by the iron bug and slick marketing of the magazines and supplement industry. It wasn't until I had my ass handed to me by an old training partner and his deconstruction of me during debrief that made me realize where I went wrong. For the past 2 years I have been trying to fix that problem, drop excess weight and rehad old ego-driven injuries. Its slow going but I will get there. I am now a firm believer in functional movements and task specific fitness for shock combat with simple complex movement strength days thrown in.

As a quick followup, I was training in Phoenix, AZ in April 2003. It was phase 2 of a combatives training program. A guy came into the class looking all burly and pumped. I remember thinking "oh crap, he will probably get me to pound on." He looked to be about 2" taller and about 15 pounds heavier. Anyway I was saved by a guy I had worked out with the week earlier who asked me if I would be his partner again (he appreciated the way I made him work hard but did not abuse my size differential against him).

Back to the story. We are about 1 hour into the seminar when I suddenly see a commotion of people standing around somebody. It was this Dolf 2 guy. He had twisted his knee real bad doing some technique. He wound up being on crutches observing for the next 2 days of the 3-day seminar. And this seminar was not cheap!

michael
02-24-2007, 08:50 AM
As a quick followup, I was training in Phoenix, AZ in April 2003. It was phase 2 of a combatives training program. A guy came into the class looking all burly and pumped. I remember thinking "oh crap, he will probably get me to pound on." He looked to be about 2" taller and about 15 pounds heavier. Anyway I was saved by a guy I had worked out with the week earlier who asked me if I would be his partner again (he appreciated the way I made him work hard but did not abuse my size differential against him).

Back to the story. We are about 1 hour into the seminar when I suddenly see a commotion of people standing around somebody. It was this Dolf 2 guy. He had twisted his knee real bad doing some technique. He wound up being on crutches observing for the next 2 days of the 3-day seminar. And this seminar was not cheap!

I've been in a lot of fights over the years (work-related), and always had far more problems with guys in the 180-210 lb range than the huge bodybuilder types. The combination of speed and strength of the smaller guys is much more difficult to deal with than the big, strong guys who are so muscle-bound that the quickness and flexibility is gone.

skyguy
02-24-2007, 09:49 AM
always had far more problems with guys in the 180-210 lb range than the huge bodybuilder types. The combination of speed and strength of the smaller guys is much more difficult to deal with than the big, strong guys who are so muscle-bound that the quickness and flexibility is gone.

I hear that!

I'm 185# and can still handle guys more than 30 years younger than me. Injuries are longer to heal and a bit of flexibility is gone....so I trend toward simple, fast and furious.
It usually works. :)

michael
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
2/24

KB swings, ladder 5-10-15-20-15-10 L & R
KB cleans 3 x 10
KB front squats 3 x 10
KB presses 3 x 10

Manwell
02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Haven’t worked-out for several days… business travel and a serious amount of hours worked. Back home, but have the edge of some bug now, probably from the masses of kids at the airports!! None the less, tomorrow it’s back into the groove. Even if it’s just a serious stretch and light weight work-out getting the groove greased again!

Manwell

atrox_vis
02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Did something a bit different today. I went in for a very early session with ten heavy singles in three different movements.
Clean & Jerks - heaviest single was 265Lbs
Clean High Pulls - heaviest single was 315Lbs
Front Squats - heaviest single was 325Lbs
After breakfast, it was 9 hours of Pankration Training with Aris Makris & his 4 instructors of the Spartan Pankration Academy in Montreal, Canada (www.pankrationcanada.com (http://www.pankrationcanada.com)). If any of you get the chance to train with him, do not pass up the opportunity. I look forward to tomorrow's training session, he is a great teacher and it has been a great seminar.

Cold War Scout
02-25-2007, 09:54 AM
February 25th
- Burpees. 90 in 4 sets (32, 20, 18, 20). The 32 is a new PR post-September 2006 back injury.

unstpabl1
02-25-2007, 04:30 PM
[quote=arl]I thought chicks dug fat old bald men :(

No, women dig fat old bald men with big fat wallets. Come to L.A. I'll prove it to you:cool:

atrox_vis
02-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Today was a recovery day, I worked Pankration for about 4 hours with Aris Makris. Good Training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold War Scout
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
February 26th
- Indoors barbell workout (21 exercises), with a few dumbbell exercises (4) added on. COC # 3 also added on (man I still can hardly get that thing to budge).

atrox_vis
02-26-2007, 03:20 PM
It was back to business today. First, I did 50 Full Squat Barbell Snatches from the Floor with 135Lbs for Time (15:33). Second, I did 5 Rounds of Hand over Hand Monkey Bar Swings Up & Back on our 30 foot with a cross-bar every 3 feet set of Monkey Bars (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1940832588) . And Lastly, I did 5 Rounds of Combatives Work with 30 seconds rest in between Rounds. The Rounds went like this:
1st Minute - KettleBell Core Busters - 40Kgs
2nd Minute - Knees & Elbows on Heavy Bags
3rd Minute - Rage Ball Slams - 20Lbs
4th Minute - The One, Two, Slip, Shoot, & Flank on Heavy Bag
5th Minute - Dominate Arm Alphabet with a Nok Trainer
Rest 30 Seconds & then Repeat

michael
02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
2/26

20 minutes on the elliptical
3 sets of pull-ups
5 sets of bench press
3 sets of KB snatches
3 sets of v situps
10 minute stretch

JohnH11B
02-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Basketball with the kids for an hour...them 2 against me!
2 mile run
V situps

Cold War Scout
02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
February 27th
- 5 hours of Clubbell triplets (and one quadruplet). Interspersed with Internet, but rest was necessary to allow some strength to return. 33 different exercises, 100 total sets. I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow.

EDITED: Make that I probably won't be able to walk this evening.

atrox_vis
02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Did about 30 minutes of pull-ups mixed with several movements on the rings & then I did about an hour of Stick, Staff, & Knife solo work (mostly basics).

Manwell
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
February 27th
- 5 hours of Clubbell triplets (and one quadruplet).
If I posted my lame ass work-out compared to your 5 hours… you won’t have to walk, laying on the ground laughing will be more in line!

Manwell

Cold War Scout
02-27-2007, 05:02 PM
If I posted my lame ass work-out compared to your 5 hours… you won’t have to walk, laying on the ground laughing will be more in line!

Manwell

Ahh, but it's not about quantity but rather about quality.

Cold War Scout
02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
February 28th
- Approx. 3.0 + mile walk with 40 lb. weight vest (maybe one day I will actually measure the route).

- Did a light rubber tubing workout later in day. Wanted to explore the possibilities of movements and exercises one could do with rubber tubing, so when I travel with it I can do better workouts in say a motel room.

atrox_vis
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Did heavy basic KettleBell movements for 3 sets each of the following:
1. 5 Two Arm Swings into Alternating One Arm Swings into 36" Box Jumps - The Heaviest Set was done with a 40Kg KettleBell
2. 5 One Arm Clean & Press done One Side at a Time - The Heaviest Set was done with a 40Kg KettleBell
3. 5 One Arm Snatches done One Side at a Time - The Heaviest Set was done with a 40Kg KettleBell
4. 5 Core Busters - All Sets done with a 40Kg KettleBell

Then, I did a 2500 Meter Row - Time was 11:07.5

atrox_vis
02-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Ashley's work-out for today was as follows:
For Time
10 KB Get-ups - Each Side (16Kgs)
20 DB Man Makers (30Lbs)
30 KB Thrusters (16Kgs)
40 Squatting Slam Ball Slams (20Lbs)
50 Wall Ball Shots (20Lbs)
100 Core Busters (24Kgs)
50 Wall Ball Shots (20Lbs)
40 Squatting Slam Ball Slams (20Lbs)
30 KB Thrusters (16Kgs)
20 DB Man Makers (30Lbs)
10 KB Get-ups - Each Side (16Kgs)

Time: 32:54

Note: This was the weights that my males used.

JohnH11B
03-01-2007, 07:22 AM
2/28

45 minute bike ride
40 pushups
40 v situps

Cold War Scout
03-01-2007, 08:59 AM
March 1st
- The "weekly" 40 pound weight vest, 2x10 lb. ankle weights, 2x10 lb. Heavy Hands routine. 30 exercises total.

I definitely must be getting better wind because I actually went through it pretty quickly, for me that is, even though I added a few more reps to each exercise.:)

atrox_vis
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Ashley's work-out today was as follows:
For Time
50 Full Squat Bar Snatches from the floor with 95Lbs
Time: 18:34

Al Lipscomb
03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Full set of machines and light kettlebell workout. Got in the pool and swam a few laps. Weight down over 5lbs now.

atrox_vis
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
My training today was strictly combatives. I did an hour of empty hand drills, an hour of stick & staff drills, & an hour of edged weapon drills.
When I was done, I did 5000 meters on the C2 Rower. It has been a good first week back.

Manwell
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
My training today was strictly combatives. I did an hour of empty hand drills, an hour of stick & staff drills, & an hour of edged weapon drills.
When I was done, I did 5000 meters on the C2 Rower. It has been a good first week back.
I’m, openly jealous… I have to get up at 5:00 every morning just to get an hour of workout in a day. You did 3 hours + rowing today; CWS did 5 hours the other day…

There’s no keeping up with you guys for this old man! I guess I should have went to work for the government 30 years ago or own a gym!:D

Manwell

Cold War Scout
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I’m, openly jealous… I have to get up at 5:00 every morning just to get an hour of workout in a day. You did 3 hours + rowing today; CWS did 5 hours the other day…

There’s no keeping up with you guys for this old man! I guess I should have went to work for the government 30 years ago or own a gym!:D

Manwell

For 25 years I did what I had to do to workout. Many times that meant getting up at 0400 to do a quickie so I could be crashing through a door at 0530. I sometimes worked out wearing a 3 piece suit by finding an empty room in the building. Your day will come. Until then you do what you can, and there are no acceptable excuses not to.

Manwell
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Many times that meant getting up at 0400 to do a quickie
CWS,

I’ll bet 0400 quickie has a whole new meaning these days!:rolleyes: :D

I do what it takes as well. As a sales type, many of my cohorts are fat and soft… I look around the room during sales meetings and promise myself that I’ll never be like that! I do at least something every day of the week. My rest day or days are stretch days for me.

But hey, I can still be jealous!!

Manwell

Cold War Scout
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
March 2nd
- Kettlebells. Mostly double KB stuff (25 exercises). Four single KB exercises (I ain't brave enough to try swinging double kettlebells and ain't coordinated enough to try double halos). Total of 35 sets. That might be it for the weekend, but then again I always say that...until I wake up the next day.

atrox_vis
03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I did some very interesting drills today.
Part One
5 Snatches, then from the overhead finish position dropping the weight and at the same time spinning around to sprint 20 Meters. I tried it moving away from the bar at different angles & directions (Like getting off the X).
10 sets & my final Snatch for 5 was 185Lbs.
Part Two
Alternating side Tire Tosses for 100 Meters coupled with heavy 100 Meter Sled Pulls (Forward, Backward, & sideways). Heaviest sled weight was 150Lbs.
Part Three
150 Standing Broad Jumps across the parking Lot.

A Good Day!!!!!!!!

Cold War Scout
03-03-2007, 05:52 AM
I did some very interesting drills today.
Part One
5 Snatches, then from the overhead finish position dropping the weight and at the same time spinning around to sprint 20 Meters. I tried it moving away from the bar at different angles & directions (Like getting off the X).
10 sets & my final Snatch for 5 was 185Lbs.
Part Two
Alternating side Tire Tosses for 100 Meters coupled with heavy 100 Meter Sled Pulls (Forward, Backward, & sideways). Heaviest sled weight was 150Lbs.
Part Three
150 Standing Broad Jumps across the parking Lot.

A Good Day!!!!!!!!

Holy moly!!! Maybe we need to start a thread for utlimate gladiator conditioning....

Cold War Scout
03-03-2007, 06:43 AM
March 3rd
- 13 sets dumbbell thrusters
- 7 sets dumbbell power cleans

Added a little twist to 9 sets of the thrusters and 3 sets of the power cleans. And now to work out "Nena" and then spend the day at the indoor track.

Cold War Scout
03-04-2007, 08:40 AM
March 4th
- 115 burpees in 8 sets. 3 sets with 20 lb. weight vest. 1 set with 40 lb. vest. 3 sets with 2x12 lb. dumbbells. 1 final set with 20 lb. vest.

michael
03-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Been off-line for a few days upgrading from DSL to cable modem, and at a marriage conference at a cabin in the mountains. Didn't do a lot--just enough to keep the groove greased.

2/28
4 sets of KB swings, L & R alternating
3 sets of KB clean and presses.
3 sets of KB snatches

3/2
Circuit of KB snatches L & R, KB swings L & R, KB clean and press L & R/ 3 circuits with little rest

3/3
10 sets of KB presses
10 sets of KB cleans
No rest in between--alternating left and right until I couldn't do any more.

Cold War Scout
03-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Been off-line for a few days upgrading from DSL to cable modem, and at a marriage conference at a cabin in the mountains. Didn't do a lot--just enough to keep the groove greased.

2/28
4 sets of KB swings, L & R alternating
3 sets of KB clean and presses.
3 sets of KB snatches

3/2
Circuit of KB snatches L & R, KB swings L & R, KB clean and press L & R/ 3 circuits with little rest

3/3
10 sets of KB presses
10 sets of KB cleans
No rest in between--alternating left and right until I couldn't do any more.

You brungded the kettlebell with you, heh?

michael
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
You brungded the kettlebell with you, heh?

I couldn't resist. It is really the optimal protable exercise tool, as long as you are traveling by car. I think I will take it on all my trips by car from now on. I didn't take them all--only two.

Cold War Scout
03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I just spoke to Gabe (to see what time he wants to go to dinner). Dino is presently giving him a working over with some Team Ruthless stuff. :)

Gabriel Suarez
03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
OK...just got done with Dino. I thought I was in shape. Sheeeesh.

JohnH11B
03-04-2007, 06:15 PM
3/4/07

Basketball for an hour or so(pretty good cardio IMHO)
50 pushups
40 v situps

Cold War Scout
03-05-2007, 08:35 AM
March 5th
- Dumbbell and ankle weights routine. 34 dumbbell exercises (38 sets). 9 ankle weights exercises. Total of 47 sets.

atrox_vis
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Ashley and I did the following for time
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats
100 Burpees

Ashley: 21:43
Me: 28:54

michael
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
3/5

Circuit with little rest:

Bench press
V situps
KB deadlifts
KB swings

4 sets

bluemeanie
03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I haven't gone totally back to slob-dom!

I didn't get my exercise bands in before I hit the road, so i used the hotel gym.

chest press x8
high pulls x10
bodyweight squats x25
hamstring curls (in place of band good mornings) x10
bench dips x8

all as fast as i could go, 3 circuits 2 min rest between circuits

Cold War Scout
03-06-2007, 07:41 AM
I haven't gone totally back to slob-dom!

I didn't get my exercise bands in before I hit the road, so i used the hotel gym.

chest press x8
high pulls x10
bodyweight squats x25
hamstring curls (in place of band good mornings) x10
bench dips x8

all as fast as i could go, 3 circuits 2 min rest between circuits

Some hotel gyms (e.g. Marriotts) can be pretty decent. Other hotel gyms are not even "gyms." They should have a sign that says the "facility single treadmill room."

Cold War Scout
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
March 6th
- Clubbells. 39 different exercises. 42 total sets. Tried to both up the weight and number of reps per exercise as best I could.

- Added some Bullworker in mid-evening.

Gabriel Suarez
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
March 6th

30 minutes AK drills with footwork

Kettlebell Exercises
10 alternating hand swing
10 alternating hand snatches
10 alternating hand clean and press
The above done as a circuit stopping to catch breath as needed

5x10 Core Busters
5x10 KB Squats

atrox_vis
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Today Ashley & I did a basic Olympic WeightLifting Regimen:
Squat Clean & Jerks - 8 Doubles (Max Set was 2 x 175Lbs for Ashley/255Lbs for Me)
Clean Pulls - 6 Doubles (Max Set was 225 for Ashley/315Lbs for Me)
Front Squats - 5 Doubles (Max Set was 185Lbs for Ashley/315 for Me)

Cold War Scout
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
March 7th:
40 lb. weight vest: Approx. 3.5 mile walk. Finished up with 3 roundtrips up and down “Crack Ho Hill”, and 25 bench steps each leg.

- Evening: Got a little bored so put on 48 lb. vest and did 7 different exercises. Then did a few kettlebell exercises, rubber tubing stuff, and some med ball.

atrox_vis
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Ashley did a 5 KettleBell In Series Routine for 3 Rounds of 6 Reps for each exercise. There was a 1 minute rest in between rounds.
Core Busters - 40Kgs
1 Arm Alternating Swings - 32Kgs
Renegade Rows - 20Kgs
Thrusters - 20Kgs
2 Arm Swings - 40Kgs

atrox_vis
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
My work-out today was as follows:
Back Squats 7 x 5 (455Lbs was Max Set)
OverHead Squats 5 x 5 (250Lbs was Max Set)
And Then,
Flat Bench Press Speed/Loading & Off Loading Work With 30Lbs Chains on each side plus Plates
10 x 5 (250Lbs plus Chains was Max Set)

michael
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
3/7

20 minutes on the elliptical, getting off long enough to do 3 sets of pull-ups.

4 sets of KB presses, using heavier KB on each set
4 sets of KB cleans

10 minute stretch

Cold War Scout
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
March 8th:
- Weight vest (48 lbs.), ankle weights (2x10 lbs.), Heavy Hands (2x10 lbs.) regimen. 33 different exercises.

- Evening: Got a little bored so put did 10 sets of dumbbell thrusters, some rubber tubing stuff 2 sets of weight vest burpees, 3 sets of core busters. Then decided to go ahead and do most of tomorrow's workout tonight so I might be at the first showing of The 300.

Gabriel Suarez
03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
First day on new Olympic Lifting program for explosiveness.

Warm up with ab training.
5 sets of 5 reps Clean and Jerk (sorry Dino...couldn't pull off seven sets)
5 sets of 5 reps Overhead Snatches
5 sets of 5 reps Push Press
5 sets of 5 reps Front Squats

Weight was not worth mentioning as I am working light trying to master the movements. I plan to add weight as I get used to the drills.

atrox_vis
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Ashley's primary work-out today was:
3 x 10
1. Front Squats - 2 x 20Kgs was max set
2. 1 Arm Core Busters - 32Kgs was the max set with each arm
3. 1 Arm Get-ups - 16Kgs was the max set with each arm
4. High/Low Windmills - 12Kgs High/16Kgs Low was the max set for each side
5. 2 Arm Glute Ham Developer Get-up Sit-ups - 16Kgs was the max set

atrox_vis
03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Today I started my 2 a day training sessions.
Session One
20 x 250 Meter Rows with 1:00 rest in between intervals
Fastest was :59.7

Session Two
1 Hour worth of footwork as given to us by Larry Lindenman & 30 Minutes on Knees/Elbow Strikes on heavy bags.

Cold War Scout
03-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Came across this on Ross's forum. Interesting approach to doing 100 burpees for time:

"Clocked in at 5:06 today tabata style (20secs work:10secs rest x 10 sets).
I was doing 10 burpees per 20secs until the 3min. mark before i slowed down due to mounting fatigue, was doing like 10 burpees for 30secs but cut down the 10secs rest. On the final 10reps i was able to push it harder to push my time at 5:06.

Just thought this style might help."

Cold War Scout
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
March 9th:
- Kettlebells. Did 7 different exercises of the more dynamic movements (e.g. cleans, clean and presses, swings (1 and 2 handed), snatches, push presses). Total of 15 sets. Tried to go a little heavier than usual.

Now I hope I can talk "Nena" into going to see 300 with me when she gets back from her business trip. I think I'll offer dinner to sweeten the deal in my favor.

atrox_vis
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Did a strict Boxing work-out with Ashley and my Super Heavyweight T.J.
1 Round = 4 Minutes of Work & 30 Seconds of Rest
3 Rounds of Rope
3 Rounds of Shadow Boxing
3 Rounds of Sparring with T.J. ( Ashley sparred him when I finished with him)
6 Rounds of Heavy Bags
3 Rounds of Rope

Steve Collins
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm finally getting over a stress fracture in my right foot, so I'm back to running again, plus I've been using a rowing machine for something different. That's a smoker, I didn't think it would be!

Now I've got a pulled tendon in my left wrist (just can't stay in one piece!:( ), so I can't use free weights. But, I have been able to use all the cable equipment. For some reason it doesn't affect the injury near as bad, so I'm still able to work pretty hard. Gotta stay strong over here!:D

Last night's workout:

4 x sets/8 reps, seated machine chest press
2 x sets/15 reps machine flyes
4 sets/8-12 reps, machine lat pull downs
4 sets/ 10 reps, tricep pushdowns
4 sets/8 reps, machine upright rows

Then, back to work!:)

Cold War Scout
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm finally getting over a stress fracture in my right foot, so I'm back to running again, plus I've been using a rowing machine for something different. That's a smoker, I didn't think it would be!

Now I've got a pulled tendon in my left wrist (just can't stay in one piece!:( ), so I can't use free weights. But, I have been able to use all the cable equipment. For some reason it doesn't affect the injury near as bad, so I'm still able to work pretty hard. Gotta stay strong over here!:D

Last night's workout:

4 x sets/8 reps, seated machine chest press
2 x sets/15 reps machine flyes
4 sets/8-12 reps, machine lat pull downs
4 sets/ 10 reps, tricep pushdowns
4 sets/8 reps, machine upright rows

Then, back to work!:)

Thank you for posting your workout. But an even bigger thanks for stepping up and defending the Western world.

jbey
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I smacked myself in the forehead while WRONGLY doing a 75
snatch...

I'm out of comission for a day or two. No football for me.:(

I should be fine for next weekend though!

atrox_vis
03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Here is a video of the 2 Arm Core Buster done with the 40KG KettleBell.
http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1127.MOV (http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1127.MOV)
If there are any questions, just ask.

Cold War Scout
03-10-2007, 07:00 AM
March 10th
- 15 sets of burpees/dumbbell thruster combos (maybe "supersets" is the right word?).

Now off to the Nike Indoor Track Nationals for basically the whole day.

atrox_vis
03-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Morning Training Session
Full Squat Snatches - 8 x 2 (Max Set - 205Lbs for 2)
Standing Military Press - 5 x 5 (Max Set - 195 for 5)
Push Press - 5 x 3 (Max Set - 245Lbs for 3)
KettleBell See Saw Press - 3 x 5 (Max Set - 28Kgs (Each Hand) for 5

JohnH11B
03-10-2007, 01:06 PM
3/9/07 and 3/10/07

Basketball for a little over an hour
pushups

Gabriel Suarez
03-10-2007, 05:26 PM
30 minutes on the AK - Worked on snap shots dry (about 500 of them)

Kettlebells
2 handed Ruthless Swings (Dino's Versions makes Pavel's look like liberla swings);)
Alternating Swing Snatches - 5 sets of 10 with 62 pound KB
Clean & Press Alternating Hands - 5 sets of 10 with 62 pound KB
Two handed Core Busters - 5 sets of 20 as fast as possible with little rest:eek:
10 sets of 10 pullups.

michael
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
3/10

4 circuits of:

Bench Press
V situps
KB snatches
KB deadlifts

atrox_vis
03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Evening Training Session
1 Round = 5 Minutes of Work & 30 Seconds of Rest
1st Minute - Footwork Drills
2nd Minute - Barbell Thrusters - 135Lbs
3rd Minute - Heavy Bag Work (All Empty Hands & Feet Weapons)
4th Minute - 36" Box Jumps
5th Minute - Tire Tossing
Rest 30 Seconds

I did 6 Rounds

Cold War Scout
03-11-2007, 07:29 AM
March 11th:
- Light dumbbells workout. Just enough to keep the groove greased. 10 sets of power cleans. 3 sets squats. 3 sets situps. 1 set each of 12 other dumbbell exercises. Closed with 4 sets of ankle weights exercises.

And now back to the indoor track meet all day...again.

Steve Collins
03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Last night, about 0230 Baghdad time:

-6 sets heavy seated chest press
-3 sets heavy seated chest flyes
-6 sets heavy seated shoulder press
-3 sets standing dumbbell raises
-4 sets heavy triceps extensions
-4 sets heavy bicep curls

Did I mention this was my heavy workout day???

atrox_vis
03-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Today was an Active Rest Day for us.
Ashley did a 5000 Meter Row in 21:35
I did some KettleBell Swing Variations
3 x 6 for the following:
2 Arm Swings (Max Set - 40Kgs)
1 Arm Core Busters (Max Set - 40Kgs For Each Side)
2 Arm Full Squat Cleans From Inside (Max Set - 32Kgs In Each Hand)
1 Arm Alternating Swings (Max Set - 40Kgs)
2 Arm Swings From Outside (Max Set - 32Kgs In Each Hand)

Cold War Scout
03-12-2007, 10:17 AM
March 12th
- Clubbells. 37 different exercises. 40 total sets.

Gabriel Suarez
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM
30 Minutes pistol draw drills
Olympic lifting workout
5x5 front squats
5x5 Clean & Jerk
5x5 Push press
5x5 snatches
5x25 situps

atrox_vis
03-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Ashley did 15 Sets of Ring Work
5 Sets of Ring Push-ups
5 Sets of Superman's
5 Sets of Iron Cross Press-outs

This was my Regimen
Power Rows - 7 x 5 (Max Set - 315Lbs for 5 Reps)
Power Shrugs - 6 x 5 (Max Set - 585Lbs for 5 Reps)
Wide Power Curls - 5 x 5 (Max Set - 135Lbs for 5 Reps)

michael
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
3/12

4 sets each of:
Pull-ups
V situps
KB cleans
KB swings/ L & R alternating
KB presses

All while watching the AMOK! 4 themes video. http://knifefighting.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif:cool:

John Chambers
03-12-2007, 04:55 PM
This weekend:

Friday overnight to Saturday morning: 20 KM rough country land nav course with 75 lbs of gear and an M16/203. All cedar and mesquite thickets and hills.

Saturday daytime: Rapelling tower training and some sleep.

Saturday night: Night jump from 1000 AGL. San Antonio is pretty from that view point! More land nav.

Sunday: hump to the extraction point,recover equipment.

Monday: MUCH NEEDED RECOVERY OF ME!!! :D :eek:

Gabriel Suarez
03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
20 KM rough country land nav course

Now THAT is something we should all do periodically.

John Chambers
03-12-2007, 08:30 PM
20 KM rough country land nav course

Now THAT is something we should all do periodically.

Is it ever!! I used muscles that I had not used since before I deployed overseas and Ibuprofen was my friend today. With all the talk of possible bugging out, etc I would suggest to everyone to load up your gear or equivalent weight, and go for an early AM road march and hike some hills in the park, if you do not have access to woods. It is a whole new set of stresses on the body.

Cold War Scout
03-13-2007, 10:36 AM
March 13th:
- Weight vest (20 lbs.), ankle weights (2x8 lbs.), Heavy Hands (2x7 lbs.) regimen. 33 different exercises.

That's it pre-cruise for me!

atrox_vis
03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
This was our Work-out of the day today. It is meant to push the limits of endurance & much like any prolonged effort, it will tax you mentally as well. It is a good work-out for ground pounders.
The first weight in is for females & the second is for males

For Time - 45 Minute Time Limit
Run 800 Meters
20 Dumbbell Man Makers (25lbs/35lbs)
100 Meter Walking Lunges With Kettlebells (12kg/16kg)
30 Kettlebell Get Ups - One Side At A Time (12kg/16kg)
100 Meter Kettlebell Farmers Walk (20kg/24kg)
40 Dumbbell Squat Cleans (25lbs/35lbs)
100 Meter Kettlebell Rack Walks (12kg/16kg)
50 Kettlebell Core Busters (20kg/28kg)
100 Meter High/Low Carry - One Side At A Time (8kg High & 12kg Low/12kg High & 16kg Low)
30 Knees to Elbows
30 Four Count Mountain Climbers
100 Squats
Run 800 Meters

Two Best Times
Ashley - with the male weights 39:28
Erin - with the female weights 46:25

atrox_vis
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
My training today involved sparring a bunch of rounds with T. J. my 225 Super Heavy in preparation for his first round fight this saturday night in the 2007 Golden Gloves. He is extremely fast and hits real hard, it was a tough session.

Cold War Scout
03-14-2007, 03:22 AM
March 14th:
- Couldn't resist a quick, light dumbbell workout before departing on the cruise. 25 dumbbell exercises. 4 ankle weights exercises.

atrox_vis
03-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Today's Training Session for Ashley and Me.
Swim Freestyle 500 Meters
25 Burpees
Swim Kicking Only 200 Meters
20 Burpees
Swim Pulling Only 200 Meters
15 burpees
Swim Freestyle 500 Meters
10 Burpees
Swim Breast Stroke 500 Meters

Gabriel Suarez
03-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Shooting session followed by Kettlebell session. A note..have a handy towel to wipe away sweat. I opened up a nice blister due to slippery hands.

Jack Rumbaugh
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I opened up a nice blister due to slippery hands.

Did you use chalk?

Steve Collins
03-14-2007, 04:39 PM
This mornings routine:

-25 minutes on tread mill, just over 3 miles
-3 sets x 20 leg raises, 30 sec rest in between sets.

Going to start my 5x5 strength program tonight!:eek:

Gabriel Suarez
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Did you use chalk?

Nope. I train outside in the sand pit with an AK leaning up against the brick. No chalk.

Oh...and doing 10 sets of 10 pullups barehanded before the Kettlebells may have contributed to it.;)

Jack Rumbaugh
03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Nope. I train outside in the sand pit with an AK leaning up against the brick. No chalk.

Oh...and doing 10 sets of 10 pullups barehanded before the Kettlebells may have contributed to it.;)

I have my AK within reach in the basement when I train but my wife drew the line on sand.:D

LittleLebowski
03-14-2007, 07:55 PM
There is so much you can accomplish with a pull up bar.....

unstpabl1
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
My training today involved sparring a bunch of rounds with T. J. my 225 Super Heavy in preparation for his first round fight this saturday night in the 2007 Golden Gloves. He is extremely fast and hits real hard, it was a tough session.

Atrox and all,

I've been looking at your w/o's & am fascinated and confused by them. I don't understand how you decide what to work on. I don't see you going to the gym and making it up as you get there. Can you maybe explain a bit the strategy or philosophy behind what your doing either here or as a short article for the forum. I've been struggling to figure this stuff out for a while and don't seem to be getting it:( Sorry
mike

atrox_vis
03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
In answer to unstpable1's questions. Some of our Main Principles (that we have learned from a variety of sources) of what we do are:
1. Your body was meant to function as a whole and not as individual parts.
2. Your body is a magnificent machine capable great adaptability.
3. In order for your body to evolve properly, you must constantly change the method in which you train it.
4. Anything works great for about 3 to 4 weeks at a time. After that, you got to give it something new.
It is with these principles and many others, that we devise our training sessions. We generally set the training up a month ahead & each month is geared towards different objectives. What you are seeing is our General Training Program, we do have other programs that are specifically designed for different needs & different levels. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at blade@ruthlesscombativesandconditioning.

On a side note, Ashley & I went on a 3 Mile Terrain Run with our Akita, Nikki. The dog won!

SIRVEYR666
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I'll join in:
Today was back day. Here's what I did.
Deadlifts:
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x6 (2 sets)

Barbell rows:
135x10
225x10
315x6 (2 sets)

Dumbbell rows (single arm):
100x12
140x8
160x6

No cardio today. Cardio is for people that want to be "skinny":D. My hope is that I will have "Chew Mail Pouch" painted on my back someday! Wide is good, even though it presents a larger target.:cool:

Steve Collins
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Today was the first day of my 5x5 workout plan, went something like this:

-5 sets, 5 reps, front squats, 45 sec rest between sets
-5x5 military presses, 45 sec rest between sets
-5x5 bent over barbell rows, 45 sec rest between sets
-5x5 deadlifts, 45 sec rest between sets
-3 sets 8 reps, bicep curls

Yeah, I was smoke after that!:eek:

Better get over it, I gotta run tomorrow!!

unstpabl1
03-16-2007, 12:32 AM
[quote=atrox_vis]Training Program, we do have other programs that are specifically designed for different needs & different levels. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at blade@ruthlesscombativesandconditioning.

Thank you. I guess I'm interested in the set up. Meaning how you cycle the training.

mike

michael
03-16-2007, 08:34 AM
3/12

20 minutes elliptical
4 sets of pull-ups
3 sets of v situps
5 sets of KB swings/alternating
4 sets KB deadlifts

3/14

20 minutes elliptical
6 sets of bench press (heavy)
5 x 5 KB snatches, L & R

atrox_vis
03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Ashley & I did the following KettleBell Routine
3 x 10
2 Arm Swings (A/40Kgs - D/40Kgs)
2 Arm OverHead Squat (A/24Kgs - D/32Kgs)
2 Arm Push Press (A/32Kgs - 40Kgs)
High/Low Windmills (A/16Kgs High & 24Kgs Low - D/28Kgs High & 40Kgs Low)
Jump Shrugs (A/2 x 32Kgs - D/2 x 40Kgs)

Gabriel Suarez
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
30 minutes of dry draws and Get Off The X drills
Clean and Jerk 5x5
Front Squats 5x5
Push Press 5x5
Pull ups 5x10
Overhead snatches 5x5
Pull ups 5x10

Cold War Scout
03-17-2007, 11:56 AM
March 15
Dumbbells workout in ship's fitness center. Thrusters, power cleans, clean thrsuter combos, core busters, windmills, situps, dragon walks,calf raises. Added some burpees and burpees enhancement stuff.

March 16
Worked out on machines in fitness center. Closed with 2500 meters on C2 rower.

BTW: Working out with free weights and bodyweight on a ship is very hard. Because of constant rocking, your stabilizer muscles see a huge increase in workload.

March 17
Dumbbells workout. Showed the fitness instructor some of Dino's VICC stuff.

Gabriel Suarez
03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
40 minute run in the woods. :D With an AK strapped to my back.

michael
03-17-2007, 12:40 PM
[quote=Cold War Scout]
BTW: Working out with free weights and bodyweight on a ship is very hard. Because of constant rocking, your stabilizer muscles see a huge increase in workload.

quote]

Yes they do. I hope you're having a blast, and it's good to see that a warrior's training never stops.

atrox_vis
03-18-2007, 03:12 PM
We trained with Crafty Dog all weekend, I need not say any more.

michael
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM
3/18

6 sets of pull-ups

KB 5 x 5 /L & R
Snatches
Clean and Press
Swings

Gabriel Suarez
03-18-2007, 06:24 PM
500 Snap Shots with a WASR10.
10 sets of 10 pullups
Running 45 minutes in the woods.

atrox_vis
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Ashley's Birthday - Gym Work-out
2 Mile Run
Then we did each of the following, one execise at a time for 15 - 10 - 5. We went up in weight each set without rest & then went to the next exercise without rest.
All With KettleBells
2 Arm Swing (Ash 5/40Kgs - Dino 5/40Kgs)
1 Arm Snatches each Side (Ash 5/32Kgs - Dino 5/40Kgs)
2 Arm Power Cleans & Push Press (Ash 5/32Kgs in each Hand - Dino 5/40Kgs in each Hand)
2 Arm Thrusters (Ash 5/28Kgs in each Hand - 5/40Kgs in each Hand)
And Then
100 Push-ups

Cold War Scout
03-19-2007, 07:29 PM
March 17th
- Dumbbells workout.

March 18th
- 5000 meters on C2 rower in morning.
- 100 burpees in evening.

March 19th
- dumbbells workout in morning
- rubber tubing in evening.

atrox_vis
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
KettleBell Routine
3 x 10
2 Arm Swings (A - 10/40Kgs & D - 10/40Kgs)
1 Arm Get-ups with Each Side (A - 10/20Kgs & D - 10/32Kgs)
2 Arm Split Jerks (A - 10/20Kgs in each hand & D - 10/40Kgs in each hand)
1 Arm Inverted KettleBell Press with Each Side (A - 10/16Kgs & D - 10/28Kgs)
2 Arm Jump Shrugs (A - 10/32Kgs in each Hand & D - 10/40Kgs in each hand.

Steve Collins
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
This morning:

-5x5 squats, 45 sec. rest between sets, 250lbs.
-5x5 seated chest presses, 175lbs, 30sec (left wrist tendon flared up, couldnt' use regular bench!:( )
-5x5 bent over rows, 225lbs, 45 sec rest.

Got a 30 minute run today after I get off shift!:D

michael
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
3/20

4 sets each, with little rest between sets

Incline dumbbell press
KB deadlifts
v situps

Cold War Scout
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
March 20th
- Cardio day. 5000 meters on C2 rower. 2 minutes on climbing machine (I did not like it). 5 minutes elliptical. 8 minutes treadmill.

atrox_vis
03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
We did about a 90 minute training session going over the foot & stick work that we learned from Crafty Dog last weekend.

atrox_vis
03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Ashley
Barbell Thrusters 7 x 5 (Max Set 5/135Lbs)
OverHead Squats 5 x 5 (Max Set 5/135Lbs)

Dino
High Incline Bench Press 7 x 5 (Max Set 5 x 5/225Lbs)
Flat Bench Press 5 x 5 (Max Set 3 x 5/315Lbs)

After we finished each of our work-outs we spent 1 Hour working to learn how to "Make the tip of the Stick & the Feet Move Together". Much fun!!!!!!

bluemeanie
03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I have not been good, but not a total slug, either.

back to it with:
pushups x20 x3

body rows x8 x3

bw squats x25 x3

hamstring curls x10 x3

pike presses x8 x3.

all in a circuit.

michael
03-22-2007, 06:14 PM
3/22

Quickie KB workout, with very little rest

4 rounds of:
KB cleans
KB presses
KB swings

atrox_vis
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Both Ashley & I Spent 45 minutes working stick & footwork, plus another 45 minutes working from Tom Sotis' Dvd. It was a good day.

Cold War Scout
03-24-2007, 02:57 PM
March 21st
- Morning: dumbbells
- Evening: machine circuit

March 22nd
Morning:
- Fitness ball class on ship (I felt so gay)
- Stretch class on ship

Evening: 100 burpees in 7 sets

March 23rd
Morning:
- 10 sets of dumbbells triplets that I learned from Dino (clean and press, snatches, 1-handed swings)

Afternoon:
- 20 sets of dumbbell thrusters
- 4 sets dumbbell hang power cleans
- 3 sets dumbbell situps and 3 sets dumbbell windmills

March 24th
Morning:
- 5 C2 rower sprints of 500 meters each
- 10 minutes elliptical

Afternoon:
- C2 rowing sprints: 2x1000, 1x500, 2x250, 2x1000
- 20 burpees

atrox_vis
03-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Our AMOK! Training Group met for 4 hours yesterday and we worked Knife & stick. Ashley & I later worked DeadLifts for single rep maximums.
Ashley's max was 315LBs
Mine max was 515Lbs

atrox_vis
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Took a 3 mile terrain run at Bull Run Park with Ashley & Nikita. A bit of active rest.

Cold War Scout
03-26-2007, 10:05 AM
March 26th
- Since I am back home I can swing some kettlebells again. :) 28 different exercises. 38 total sets.

- Dug up the townhouse hard as a rock dirt front yard later in the day so I could throw down some grass seed. Man that was harder than the workout.

michael
03-26-2007, 03:42 PM
3/25 (yesterday's)

100 pull-ups
6 sets of Bench press
5 sets of Deadlifts (KB)

I'm going to do today's workout in a little while and will post it later.

Gabriel Suarez
03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Back from Houston. Was there for 6 days. No gym in sight so I ran on the hotel treadmill 3 miles per day on four of the days.

First day back today

100 pullups in sets of ten strictly done and alternated with
5 sets of bench press
5 sets of Squats
5 sets of deadlifts
100 leg raises from a naging position broken into sets

30 minutes of AK snap shots.

Jack Rumbaugh
03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Back is acting up so I'm doing sets of core work and push ups. So far I'm up to 10 sets of 20 push ups and 1 minute leans on my elbows. Much else makes things twinge. Need to see my chiro desperately.

atrox_vis
03-26-2007, 05:56 PM
We worked for an hour & a half on footwork, stick work, & knife work.

Jack Rumbaugh
03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I ended up with 12 sets of 20 and a total of 22 minutes in the lean. I need a nap.

michael
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
3/26

KB workout, 4 rounds of:
Snatches
Cleans
Presses
Swings

I'm off to Myrtle Beach P.D. for an ASP instructors class for work.:D

Cold War Scout
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
March 27th
- Kind of sore from turning dirt yesterday, and hoeing this morning (I used to run hos better than I can now). Took all my exercise contraptions and devices from the back of the basement (power bar, chest expander, ab wheel, hand grips, parallettes, you name it) and did a "workout" with just those items. Swung (not laid) some pipes, both single and Siniwali, in accordance with stuff I learned from the Dog Brothers. Closed out with some rattan siniwali drills.

Steve7
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Monday

Dumbell rows 120 2x10
Lat pulldown 3x10
Lowback machine 2x10
Situps on high incline board 2 x 25
Dumbell Press 100 1x8, 1x6
Incline dumbell 80 x 10
Leg press 2x10
Dumbell curls 50 3x10

Today I run 3 miles

John Chambers
03-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Monday: 3.5 mile run

Tuesday: Got a new heavy bag, time to go to town!! :D Thanks Honey!!!

atrox_vis
03-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Finally had time to look at and work with the AMOK! DVD today. It was an awesome hour of work & then we went back to some more Dog Brothers Stick & Footwork. We trained for about 2 & 1/2 hours.

Shdwdncr
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Finally had time to look at and work with the AMOK! DVD today. It was an awesome hour of work & then we went back to some more Dog Brothers Stick & Footwork. We trained for about 2 & 1/2 hours.
I envy you bro.
My last PT session was when I trained with you guys this past Saturday.
All I've been doing for the last two days is sitting in front of my computer, typing reports, schedules, counseling statements, NCOERS, etc, etc.
My fingers have been the only ones working out...:o
I WILL try to hit the gym tonight if I manage to get out of here by 2000 hours.

Y'all keep training hard.
This thread can be very inspirational.

S.

Cold War Scout
03-28-2007, 12:45 PM
March 28th:
- Approximately 3.0 mile walk w/40 lb. weight vest. Closed with 3 trips up, and 2 trips down, the neighborhood hill. Added 1 set of 35 burpees.

michael
03-28-2007, 03:28 PM
4 hours of drills in an ASP instructor's school. It was actually very physical--surprise--and I'm pooped.:D

I like ASP's philosophy. The instructor said that ASP batons were made to hit people, not to do pretty come along holds and such crap. He also dispelled the notion that striking a joint has been proven by SCOTUS to be "serious bodily injury". He said there is not one court case to back that up. I like him.:cool:

bluemeanie
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Monday was karate, usual punch/kick drills, pushups, crunches, etc.

then shrimping drills, double-leg escape drills, and a bo kata, non-stop activity for two hours.

Took Tuesday off, then today did 20 min HIIT on the staionary bike followed by:

v-ups x15,
supermans x20,
chinnies to "burn", rest, repeat twice more

unstpabl1
03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
4 hours of drills in an ASP instructor's school. It was actually very physical--surprise--and I'm pooped.:D

I like ASP's philosophy. The instructor said that ASP batons were made to hit people, not to do pretty come along holds and such crap. He also dispelled the notion that striking a joint has been proven by SCOTUS to be "serious bodily injury". He said there is not one court case to back that up. I like him.:cool:

I'm curious about the ASP. I was looking at this video on youtube about a cop who got into a 2 on 1 on a traffic stop( good video) the asp didn't seem to have much effect and looked a little weak when the other guy pulled a shovel:D After the course how do you feel about effectiveness

Gabriel Suarez
03-28-2007, 04:59 PM
03/27/07
30 minutes of Get Off The X Pistol Drills
40 minutes running

03/28/07
Day Off From PT
30 Minutes with AK
a). 100 reloads with BOB
b). 300 snap shots (150 right, 150 left)
c). Movement drills

michael
03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm curious about the ASP. I was looking at this video on youtube about a cop who got into a 2 on 1 on a traffic stop( good video) the asp didn't seem to have much effect and looked a little weak when the other guy pulled a shovel:D After the course how do you feel about effectiveness

I think it is a very good tool, but like everything else, is not 100%.

What I really liked was that ASP and the instructor were very much up front about this. They don't try to portray their batons as the be all, end all of all things combative. As a matter of fact, ASP says that their batons work "90% of the time on 90% of the people they are used against". I appreciate the honesty in that position.

It is another tool for the toolbox, no more and no less. I do feel more confident in it than I did before the school, but I also realize the limitations in it and every weapons system.

I've got another day of class tomorrow, which will be a repeat of today's physical activities, teaching the class, and a Red Man drill vs. the instructor.:cool:

unstpabl1
03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks. Sounds like good training.

Steve7
03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
30-35 minutes on the mountain bike. First time this year and I am sore already.

atrox_vis
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Clean & Jerks
10 Singles - Ash/175Lbs Dino/285Lbs
Clean High Pulls
5 x 5 - Ash/185Lbs Dino/315Lbs
Front Squats
10 x 2 - Ash/205Lbs Dino/335Lbs

Cold War Scout
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
March 29th
- Clubbells. 41 different exercises. 44 total sets.

Closed with a little Heaven 6, Earth 6 and Fluid 8s siniwali with double machetes.

Gabriel Suarez
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
45 minutes AK & Pistol Drills
Clean & Jerk 5x5
Snatches 5x5
100 pullups in sets of 10-20

michael
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
3/29

Final day of the ASP instructor's course. Another really good day of training, and very physical. We did about 6 hours of different drills today, including about an hour and a half of fighting the "Red Man". It was good stuff.

Cold War Scout
03-29-2007, 04:27 PM
3/29

Final day of the ASP instructor's course. Another really good day of training, and very physical. We did about 6 hours of different drills today, including about an hour and a half of fighting the "Red Man". It was good stuff.

Some of the best training I ever had was a course Calibre Press used to give, back in the mid-1980s, called Realistic Assailant Control (RAC). I took the course in Ft. Lauderdale. Two days as I recall. It was my first exposure to Red Man training. man that guy wearing the Red Man earned his pay those couple of days.

michael
03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Some of the best training I ever had was a course Calibre Press used to give, back in the mid-1980s, called Realistic Assailant Control (RAC). I took the course in Ft. Lauderdale. Two days as I recall. It was my first exposure to Red Man training. man that guy wearing the Red Man earned his pay those couple of days.

Gary Klugewiecz (sp?). He used to do RAC, and I started to go to one of the seminars but never did. I wished I had. I think he is still doing something similar.

The "Red Man" and instructor for our course is a Major with the Gwinett Co., GA department, and is or was the SWAT commander. He was one squared away dude. He also told us about the "Runaway Bride" case, and was the commander for the take-down of Brian Nichols after the courthouse murders. Man, this guy was fit. He went for 1 1/2 hours straight in that suit, and was just as active at the end as at the beginning.

atrox_vis
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Snatch
5 x 5 (Ash/135Lbs Dino/205Lbs)
Snatch High Pull
5 x 5 (Ash/165Lbs Dino/275Lbs)
Back Squats
5 x 5 (Ash/185Lbs Dino/405)

Ashley 23Yrs Old 155Lbs
Dino 50Yrs Old 195Lbs

Cold War Scout
03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Gary Klugewiecz (sp?). He used to do RAC, and I started to go to one of the seminars but never did. I wished I had. I think he is still doing something similar.

The "Red Man" and instructor for our course is a Major with the Gwinett Co., GA department, and is or was the SWAT commander. He was one squared away dude. He also told us about the "Runaway Bride" case, and was the commander for the take-down of Brian Nichols after the courthouse murders. Man, this guy was fit. He went for 1 1/2 hours straight in that suit, and was just as active at the end as at the beginning.

Yup! That was him. Not somebody you want to pick a fight with. :)

Cold War Scout
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
March 30th
- Barbell/dumbbell mix: 37 different exercises. 50 total sets. Since weather was rather nice, was able to do some Olympic movements outside.

atrox_vis
03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
15/1, 14/2, 13/3...3/13, 2/14, 15/1 For Time
2 Arm KettleBell Swings with 40Kgs
Pull-ups
Ashley - 6:27
Dino - 7:59

Doug in CO
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
60 - Pushups (50/50 regular and Hindu)
35 - Pullups (mix hand directions 50/50)
50 - Leg lift crunches (bicycle, but you pause between with your legs extended and raised)
50 - Goodmornings (standing straight up, put your hands on your head and bend over until your elbows touch your knees, then stand up again)
50 - Lunges
50 - Hindu squats

30 minutes to get it done in that order.

michael
03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
3/31

20 minutes on the elliptical, + 3 rounds each of:

Bench Press
Pull-ups
V situps
KB deadlifts
KB presses

10 minute stretch afterwards

atrox_vis
03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Power Snatches from Floor for Speed
7 x 5 (Ash/115Lbs Dino/185Lbs)
Power Shrugs
7 x 5 (Ash/315Lbs Dino/605Lbs)
Power Rows
7 x 5 (Ash/205Lbs Dino/405Lbs)

Cold War Scout
03-31-2007, 02:24 PM
March 31st
Light dumbbells workout day (it's all I felt like doing after cleaning house for 4 hours). 10 sets of dumbbell thrusters. 4 sets of dumbbell power cleans. 4 sets of dumbbell squat cleans. 4 sets of dumbbell clean/thruster combos.

Cold War Scout
04-01-2007, 11:44 AM
April 1st
- Burpees: 100 in 6 sets (25, 20, 15, 15, 15, 10). Considering I only intended to do 50 in 3 sets (25, 15, 10), I feel pretty good about the end result.

atrox_vis
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Did a 5,000 meter swimming work-out.

Cold War Scout
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
April 2nd:
- Weight vest (48 lbs.), ankle weights (2x10 lbs.), Heavy Hands (2x10 lbs.) regimen. 33 different exercises.

Steve7
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Sunday 3 mile run.

Shdwdncr
04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Those of you who know me know that I work incredibly long hours.
As such it is very difficult to find the time to work out, although it is suppossed to be a daily requirement in my profession.
Anyways, in order to find something to do other than the typical bodyweight exercises (pushups, situps,etc) as well as small free weights I went and got a TotalGym 1000.
Put it together just yesterday and tried it out for a bit.
Today I managed to get off of work early for a change and just had my first real work out in a loooooong time.
I did the following:

Arm Pullovers x10
Chest Press x10
Crossover Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Press x10
Incline Chest Fly x10
Parallel Grip Chest Press x10
Single Arm Chest Press x10
Wide Chest Press x10
External Shoulder Rotation x10
Front Deltoid Raises x10
Inward Shoulder Rotation x10
Kneeling Reverse Fly x10

Additionally at the end I threw in a set of pushups, situps and ranger squats, 2 hard minutes each, no break in between.
Now after some really good dousing, I feel great.
Let's see if I'm able to make this a daily thing.

S.

Cold War Scout
04-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Those of you who know me know that I work incredibly long hours.
As such it is very difficult to find the time to work out, although it is suppossed to be a daily requirement in my profession.
Anyways, in order to find something to do other than the typical bodyweight exercises (pushups, situps,etc) as well as small free weights I went and got a TotalGym 1000.
Put it together just yesterday and tried it out for a bit.
Today I managed to get off of work early for a change and just had my first real work out in a loooooong time.
I did the following:

Arm Pullovers x10
Chest Press x10
Crossover Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Press x10
Incline Chest Fly x10
Parallel Grip Chest Press x10
Single Arm Chest Press x10
Wide Chest Press x10
Front Deltoid Raises x10
Kneeling Reverse Fly x10

Additionally at the end I threw in a set of pushups, situps and ranger squats, 2 hard minutes each, no break in between.
Now after some really good dousing, I feel great.
Let's see if I'm able to make this a daily thing.

S.

"Nena" says the Total Gym machine is a whole lot like the Pilates Reformer in her humble opinion. And she says the Piltaes Reformer is a tough workout.

atrox_vis
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Did 5,000 Meter Row & then we trained AMOK! technique for 1 1/2 Hours.
Ash/21:07
Dino/23:45

Shdwdncr
04-02-2007, 04:44 PM
"Nena" says the Total Gym machine is a whole lot like the Pilates Reformer in her humble opinion. And she says the Piltaes Reformer is a tough workout.
I'm not familiar with the Pilates Reformer, but I will tell you that this machine does give you a very challenging work out.
I am beat!!! But it was worth it. :D

S.

unstpabl1
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
As of April 1st, I started training long distance under Dino of Warriors Forge (Atrox Vis on WT). I am very grateful for this opportunity. I hope I'm half as good of student as he is a coach. I didn't know Dino until a couple weeks ago, other than by posts generated here. In the conversations I've had with him of late...Well, lets just say I'm very impressed.

I'm 48, weigh about 240, with about a 48 in. waist at the moment, with injuries to work around. So this is not an easy task for him. As some of you know, I want to do combatives. I've been trying things then the injurys crop up. What Dino has made me realize is that until We get the foundation laid or the body back in balance, I'm just spinning my wheels. By my posts you'll get an idea of what he does, but understand I'm a true reclaimation project on all levels. I really haven't worked out much this year at all.

Dino told me we were going to start Apr 1st. I prepped on my own by
Stretching and 1 mile walk/jogs on Mar.28,29,30

Apr 1 No workout due to my job. Dino asked me to make small managable changes to my diet

Apr 2: 10 burpees,15 bench press 45lb bar only...5 sets timed
I did it in 28 minutes

I love burpees:rolleyes: thats me lying for postive self talk purposes:D I told Dino I think burpees are "WILL' makers as in " I will be what I will to be" especially when there no one standing over you while you make yourself do them. Anyway, if you get the opportunity to ever work with Dino, its a top of the mountain type of expirience. I am very grateful. Of course I'll say anything if I think it'll get me outta burpees tommorrw:D

Mike Schoenfeld

michael
04-03-2007, 03:07 AM
4/2

KB workout

5 sets of swings, alternating
3 sets of snatches
3 sets of cleans

Cold War Scout
04-03-2007, 09:24 AM
April 3rd:
- Clubbells. 40 different exercises. Used lighter weights so I could do more reps than normal.

unstpabl1
04-03-2007, 01:42 PM
turkey bacon (damn muslims ain't got no pig).
Lunch was a salad

Don, look what their doing to you over there:eek: They got you eating PC bacon and SALADS:mad: Tofu is next. I think thats the start of what Gabe calls the pussification of the American male. You better come home right now Mister:mad: Great w/o's though. Keep it up, it'll keep the estrogen at bay:D Be safe!

unstpabl1
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Tues Apr 3
3 sets of
1/4 mile run
25 push ups
1/4 mile run
25 full sit ups

Time 38 minutes
Feet and thighs are sore. Triceps very sore at start of w/o. Range of motion was affected. technique was poor because of the limitation. So I went as far to the bottom of the movement as I could get and ground them out. Less reps done deeper wouldn't have worked, because I could only go so far to begin with. 1/4 mile splits were 3:30 for the first set and 3:49 for the rest. Runs were done on a treadmill because of feet, which feel better now

michael
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Tues Apr 3
3 sets of
1/4 mile run
25 push ups
1/4 mile run
25 full sit ups

Time 38 minutes
Feet and thighs are sore. Triceps very sore at start of w/o. Range of motion was affected. technique was poor because of the limitation. So I went as far to the bottom of the movement as I could get and ground them out. Less reps done deeper wouldn't have worked, because I could only go so far to begin with. 1/4 mile splits were 3:30 for the first set and 3:49 for the rest. Runs were done on a treadmill because of feet, which feel better now

Good for you!! Dino will get you in great shape, just keep on pluggin' along!

Gabriel Suarez
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
March 29
Travelled to SC. Ran 3 miles at 5 mph in the hotel "gym"

March 30
Teaching in SC. Ran 2 miles at 5 mph

April 1
Needed Sleep. Took day off to focus on class

April 2
Traveleld home. Ran 3 miles in hotel gym prior to return flight

April 3
Weights:
100 Pull ups in sets of 10
Bench press
Deadlifts
Squats
Shrugs

30 minutes draw and move drills

atrox_vis
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
We worked knife & stick combatives for about 90 minutes with our training group.

unstpabl1
04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Good for you!! Dino will get you in great shape, just keep on pluggin' along!

Thanks Michael. You, CWS and others have been very supportive of me in this stuff. Its much appreciated. I have the feeling, either Dino will get me in shape or kill me. After watching the video of Ashley demonstrating tommorrows W/O, I'm not too sure of his motives:D

I heard there were a couple WT'ers that played with Team Ruthless today. All I can say to them is Ice is your friend:cool:

Shdwdncr
04-04-2007, 04:13 AM
We worked knife & stick combatives for about 90 minutes with our training group.
I couldn't make it to the Warrior's Forge last night, although I very much wanted to.
But... I also worked on knife combatives, doing my 81's with both the strong and complimentary side.
Footwork was part of the equation too, as I now realize how extremely important it is!!! Stick work was done for a solid 15 minutes of drills and yes, more footwork.
In addition I did pyramids in the following excercises: Ranger Squats, Push-ups, Sit-ups and Elevated crunches, beginning with 25 of each and working my way down.

S.

Cold War Scout
04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
April 4th:
- Approximately 3.5 mile walk w/40 lb. weight vest.

atrox_vis
04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
2 1/2" Thick Bar Clean & Push Press
7 x 5 (Ash/135Lbs Dino/225Lbs)
2 1/2" Thick Bar DeadLifts
7 x 3 (Ash/250Lbs Dino/425Lbs)
30 Minutes of Footwork Drlls

unstpabl1
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Apr.4th

BW squats 100 reps(Dino Style)
4 ct mountain climbers 40
squats 80
Mt. clbrs 32
squats 60
mt's 24
squats 40
mt's 16
squats 20
mt's 8
Time 44 minutes

I'm kinda full of myself after this w/o. I didn't think I'd be able to get past the 2nd round. My body was sore to begin with, mostly thighs and triceps. putting on a shirt and standing up are a joy:rolleyes: So completing this was an achievement.. I hAVE 45 minutes to complete the w/o, where I end up, is where I stop. So I made the goal

Shdwdncr
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I had to use my dinner break to work out today, otherwise I wouldn't have a chance later.
Again using my new work out machine:

Arm Pullovers x15
Chest Press x15
Crossover Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Fly x10
Decline Chest Press x10
Incline Chest Fly x10
Parallel Grip Chest Press x15
Wide Chest Press x15
Front Deltoid Raises x10

Also two sets of burpees. Only 15 per set as my knees are bothering me today.

S.

Gabriel Suarez
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
April 4 -
30 minutes on the AK

100 snap shots on the right and on the left
100 shoulder transfers on the move
100 reloads using the BOB
100 transitons to pistol
100 snap shots moving along the CRG matrix
3 mile run (not much until you consider its 6000 feet high here in God's country)

michael
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
4/4

9 sets of bench press, 4 of which were close-grip
6 sets of deadlifts
5 sets of v situps

All done in circuit fashion with little rest

unstpabl1
04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Didn't get a workout in today:mad:
Salad is good for me, the bacon isn't by choice it's the closest I can get. I did make up for it today though. I didn't have time for a proper lunch so I had pig rinds and a diet coke in the truck:D. The hadji driver wasn't digging it epecially since I'm left handed and I eat with my left hand. He didn't understand what they were, but the left hand thing was freaking him out.

BTW: If they bring out tofu I'm killing someone and makin bacon with their remains.

All right, your go to go:D i'll eat some bacon for you tomorrow. I'll send you some bacon bits if you want:cool: On a serious note, could you explain the left handed thing. I'm not familar with it.Thanks

mike

Steve7
04-05-2007, 04:42 AM
4/4 Bike 30 minutes

Steve7
04-05-2007, 06:14 AM
On a serious note, could you explain the left handed thing. I'm not familar with it.Thanks

mike

Mohammed says that the left hand is used to clean up after certian bodily functions, so no eating with it. There was no soap in the 7th century.

Gabriel Suarez
04-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Lets keep this thread on target, but perhaps someone could tell those ignorant bastards that this is 2007 and there is toilet paper now in civilized nations. No wonder they all want to die. On top of all their other strange ways, they are not allowed to use toilet paper!!

Today will be a ruck march day. I will load up a bunch of stuff in an old Blackhawk Alice pack and head for the hills.

Cold War Scout
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM
April 5th:
- Kettlebells. 29 different exercises. 40 total sets.

atrox_vis
04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
It was an active rest day for us. A bit of combatives and a bit of hiking with our Akita.

unstpabl1
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Active rest day as well. 2 mile walk. Thanks for the info

Steve7
04-06-2007, 06:19 AM
4/5 Run 3 miles

Gabriel Suarez
04-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Up at 0500 HRS to get some training in before kids get up.

100 transitions to pistol with AK
100 reloads with AK
200 snap shots from standing alternating right and left
200 executions of CRG matrix
300 concealed pistol draws
Kettle bell drills for 30 minutes

Cold War Scout
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
April 6th:
- Took all my exercise contraptions and devices (power bar, chest expander, ab wheel, hand grips, parallettes, you name it) and did a "workout" with just those items. 39 different exercises.
- Swung some pipes, both single and Siniwali, in accordance with stuff I learned from the Dog Brothers. 8 sets with 30" pipes, and 3 sets with a 48" pipe.
- Closed out with some machete siniwali drills. 7 sets.

atrox_vis
04-06-2007, 01:38 PM
-Front Squats
9 Sets - 2/315Lbs
-2 1/2" Thick Standing Military Press
5 Sets - 3/185Lbs
-Power Shrugs
7 Sets - 2/635Lbs

unstpabl1
04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Today's event how many rounds could I complete in 25 minutes of:

5 burpees
10 pushups
15 squats

completed 6 rounds and 5 burpees
Range of motion limited by soreness from weeks work. This is way harder than it looks

atrox_vis
04-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Did 15 x 3 minute work/30 seconds rest rounds on the heavy bags using hands, head, & elbows. We trained in both right & left side leads. Also, threw some of Crafty's Kali Tudo in there. Some rounds we trained for power & some for speed. We did all rounds bare knuckle.

Cold War Scout
04-07-2007, 10:51 AM
April 7th:
- 19 sets of dumbbell thrusters.

- Added 15 burpees (in 5 sets) during evening. Yeah, there was an experimental catch to it that's why it took 5 sets to do 15.

michael
04-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I haven't done anything but lay around. I was going to go shoot IDPA with Randy and BigPig, but I couldn't make it. Got the crud.:(

Cold War Scout
04-08-2007, 07:54 AM
April 8th:
- 50 burpees (2 sets of 25).

michael
04-08-2007, 12:58 PM
4/8

Still suffering from the creeping crud, but I sucked it up and did it anyway.

5 sets of pull-ups
4 sets of KB clean and press
4 sets of cable triceps pushdowns
4 sets of cable curls
3 sets of KB deadlifts (2 KB's)
3 sets of v situps

atrox_vis
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Rest Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold War Scout
04-09-2007, 08:12 AM
April 9th:
- Quick dumbbell and ankle weights regimen: 25 different dumbbell exercises (29 sets). 6 different ankle weights exercises.

- Off to see Grindhouse.

I wish I had that common sense to take rest days more often. In fact, quite the opposite, I worked out some more.

- Finished up, post-Grindhouse, the workout from this morning . 18 more different exercises (15 dumbbells and 3 ankle weights). 19 more sets.

Totals for day: 49 different exercises. 54 total sets.

atrox_vis
04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
We took another rest day today!!!!!! Tomorrow we will return to business. Sometimes it is good for the head to take a day or two break every now & then.

unstpabl1
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
April 7 & 8TH

Failed to accomplish the goals we set. Had flu like symptoms, did nyquil curls

Apr 9 start of week 2
Learned 2 new excercises, demonstrated by Ashley via email, described by Dino.

5 sets Timed
10 DB swings
10 Burpees
10 DB Thrusters There are worse things than burpees:eek:
10 Sit ups

Completed in 41 minutes

After the above was completed, I had 20 minutes cardio As uptempo as I could.

I did 20 minutes on a treadmill, For the 1st 15 mninutes., I did 2 min intervals at 3.0 and 4.0 at the 15 minute mark went down to 2.5 for 2 minutes and the last 3 minutes up to 3.0 to close it out

Total W/O time between 67 and 68 minutes, Now wheres my ice:cool: By the way, Thanks Ashley and Dino:D

skyguy
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Failed to accomplish the goals we set. Had flu like symptoms, did nyquil curls
Ain't really none of my business, but none of the experts have even mentioned it.

So here goes:
I hope you checked with a doctor recently to see if you're up to such rigors so early on in a training program. Seems that you're not yet ready for the stressful training and heart stress that you're doing. Too much soreness, too much cardio.
I would never work a novice so hard, so early on.

Don't push it, man. Go easy and work on up. You've got the rest of your life to train...make it a long life.

unstpabl1
04-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, Skyguy

Thank you for your concern. In a way I understand where your coming from. The flu is all around my apartment. Everybody else has been down for a week or so. I was outta bed in 2 days and Working out hard today. I haven't mentioned somethings online cause I'm Teasing Dino online a bit. The truth is I started this program with injuries that were detailed to Dino. I have detailed instructions on everything from form to when to stop. Dino would be a better one to talk to than me on all of this, but I'll give my thoughts, if he says something different its cause I'm learning. Mostly, just showing up and doing the work. The stuff I've completed so far has amazed me. There is not anyone I know who believed i could complete these. The guys in my gym are shaking therir heads,like you. I understand. The results are that I've completed every workout. I may not look good doing it, but i completed it. I have been trying to w/o consistently for over 2 years. Everytime I start, I screwed up my neck/upper back within the second w/o. I know how to do the BB crap because I trained with Vince Gironda and the Golds guys. I always started lite. My back/neck was a problem before we started. The result so far is It feels great. Better than it has in a long time. Its actually getting better. Its not a factor. My right wrist has been in pain for 2 years. I'm using dumbells as pushup stands. It isn't hurting at all and hasn't in days. Not normal, no drugs. The pain lactic acid in my thighs and my triceps has worked itself out. I realized on day 3, that not doing that particular w/o on that day, I would have stayed sore longer. Dino knew exactly why I was doing that w/o at that time. As I type this I'm not sore but fatiqued. I ice down potential sore spots and take contrast showers during the day for me. And I do tennis ball myo fascile release daily..There is another guy online working with Dino who has had ankle pain for years and its healing thru the workouts. You would have to talk to Dino about the whys of all this. But I'm doing great and I'm posting everything warts and all. Dino could tell you more if your interested teamruthless.com
I really do appreciate you post, Skyguy and look forward to getting to know you thru the forum:D
mike schoenfeld

Cold War Scout
04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, Skyguy

Thank you for your concern. In a way I understand where your coming from. The flu is all around my apartment. Everybody else has been down for a week or so. I was outta bed in 2 days and Working out hard today. I haven't mentioned somethings online cause I'm Teasing Dino online a bit. The truth is I started this program with injuries that were detailed to Dino. I have detailed instructions on everything from form to when to stop. Dino would be a better one to talk to than me on all of this, but I'll give my thoughts, if he says something different its cause I'm learning. Mostly, just showing up and doing the work. The stuff I've completed so far has amazed me. There is not anyone I know who believed i could complete these. The guys in my gym are shaking therir heads,like you. I understand. The results are that I've completed every workout. I may not look good doing it, but i completed it. I have been trying to w/o consistently for over 2 years. Everytime I start, I screwed up my neck/upper back within the second w/o. I know how to do the BB crap because I trained with Vince Gironda and the Golds guys. I always started lite. My back/neck was a problem before we started. The result so far is It feels great. Better than it has in a long time. Its actually getting better. Its not a factor. My right wrist has been in pain for 2 years. I'm using dumbells as pushup stands. It isn't hurting at all and hasn't in days. Not normal, no drugs. The pain lactic acid in my thighs and my triceps has worked itself out. I realized on day 3, that not doing that particular w/o on that day, I would have stayed sore longer. Dino knew exactly why I was doing that w/o at that time. As I type this I'm not sore but fatiqued. I ice down potential sore spots and take contrast showers during the day for me. And I do tennis ball myo fascile release daily..There is another guy online working with Dino who has had ankle pain for years and its healing thru the workouts. You would have to talk to Dino about the whys of all this. But I'm doing great and I'm posting everything warts and all. Dino could tell you more if your interested teamruthless.com
I really do appreciate you post, Skyguy and look forward to getting to know you thru the forum:D
mike schoenfeld

When I first met Dino, my knees were pretty much always sore. Partly from knee surgery on one knee, and partly from a tendency towards arthritis. Squats were something I just stayed the hell away from. With just the right amount of prodding and oversight Dino got me to start engaging ranges of motion that were always too painful to mess with (e.g squats and lunges). Before long I was able to start deep squatting with weights.

I now do thrusters and burpees regularly. Sure I still have bad knee days, but nothing like it used to be. Use it or lose it.

What I have found personally to be the case is that when I am doing Scott Sonnon's Warrior Wellness routine before working out, I not only feel better during the workout, but the next day is usually a good day for me knees also. I still do some Pavel stretching, yoga and other stretching exercises here and there, but mostly I do Warrior Wellness. And for me personally it has done wonders in making my joints life more pain free.