PDA

View Full Version : Workout of the Day 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Cold War Scout
08-16-2007, 12:16 AM
August 16th in Amsterdam
A quick in-room workout with rubber tubing at the hotel. Closed with 102 burpees.

I have my flight back to USA to catch.

michael
08-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Good words, Mike! Thanks for the encouragement.

Scout308, just keep on pushing. The fact that you showed back up tells a lot about your character.

scout308
08-16-2007, 05:53 AM
I hesitate to comment , cause I'm not training at the moment. Some of the new guys don't know who I am and why I might have some insight. Some of the older guys recieved PM 's from me when they were at that point of Screw this, but they kept going and are reaping the rewards of their efforts.

Teamruthless is not an easy path. It is not the path of least resistence. Its the path with heart. Its for the guy who says I'm going to be the best I can be. I'm going to demand more from myself than anyone else could expect. There are easier roads.

The workouts are built to failure and then to do a tad more tomorrow. Inch by inch, but offering a new challenge daily. In a way you succeed by failing. As long as you pick your ass up and show up the next day, you will succeed. It hones self disciplne,persistence and determination. This is much more than a workout. This developes the mindset thats always talked about here.

You will not complete every workout or break records daily. Whether you complete the workout or not, celibrate the fact that you gave 100% and fricken showed up. Your in the upper 2%, While your training your body, your training your mind to keep pushing through. To never turn against yourself. You will never beat me cause I will never quit as Dino says. Y^ou cannot accomplish that by thinking what a loser you are because the w/o beat you today. Its suppose to:D

Be proud of whatever you completed as its forming a subconcious tape. I did good today and I'll do better tomorrow. Forming that positive mental attitude and stopping the belittling of your accomplishments will form theresults your really seeking from all this. Deep down.

You guys are doing fricken AWESOME

Mike

Until last night I thought I was slacking. It wasn't until Kobra gave me the "This $#it ain't easy bro" line that I realized I am not the only one. I realize that I am stripping my self down to an unsculptured stone, and re-chiseling (it will be a while) to a Greek masterpiece.

Mind to the body:
"Body! Lay down your weapons!!"

Body to the mind:
"Mind! Come and get them!!"

I know this will never be easy, and it never will.

atrox_vis
08-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Thursday - 16August2007
Training Session #01

Heavy As Possible
Full Squat Clean & Jerk
Clean Pulls

Then,
Timed Double Stick Work with 3/4 Inch x 30 inch Steel Pipe

peregrine
08-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Agreed that it isn't easy. If it was everone would be doing it.

Just KNOW that very few people are willing to pay the price it takes to be TOUGH.

''If you really want something you can have it if you're willing to pay the price. And the price means you have to work harder than the next guy.''
Vince Lombardi

So every rep you do is a step to greatness. Not everyday will be 100%, but just doing it is so much of the battle.

visualization and positive qoutes over and over help me.

peregrine
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I want to point out that every workout is a challenge for me, making me gasp and dig deep.Just keep going.

scout308
08-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Workout #1

3200 Elliptical
1600 Treadmill

I manged to get through, but my knees are killing me. It was a mix of running, walking, jogging. I have not done this much at once since high school. I feel I was l slow in time, but I am not planning a marathon anytime soon.

I am lying (literally) in wait for the Ruthless One to send me #2.

unstpabl1
08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Just KNOW that very few people are willing to pay the price it takes to be TOUGH.

''If you really want something you can have it if you're willing to pay the price. And the price means you have to work harder than the next guy.''
Vince Lombardi

Got me there P. Huge Packer fan. Vince walked on water as a kid:D

Gabriel Suarez
08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Aug 16

Take-off footwork drills (pistol & Rifle) - built up a good sweat
Arm training with a barbell (biceps/triceps)
Power Cleans 5 sets of 5 reps
Deadlifts 1 warm-up and five hard singles max effort
A little more footwork drill to loosen up.

atrox_vis
08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Thursday - 16August2007
Session #02

90 Minutes of Combative Boxing. We did pads, heavy bags, fast bags, and the only thing that separates Sport Boxing from Combative Boxing, we sparred multiple opponents using only Boxing Skills. Also the round time limits were always different, as was the rest. Full protective gear was worn.

Jack Rumbaugh
08-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Just a measley 100 24 kg swings

Footwork and rifle drills

Dont Tread on Me
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Aug 16

Rest day to clean the pallet for the start of my Team Ruthless workouts tomorrow.

Solo knife work
10 mins working 5 attack angles with folders from concealment (I live in CA...).
10 mins working "clinch pick" drills solo. I focused a lot on knife access while on the ground based on my sparring experience yesterday. Weak hand access etc. You need to carry two knives.

Dont Tread on Me
08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Also the round time limits were always different, as was the rest.

Very smart. I got used to my 2 mins in 2 mins out rhythm yesterday.

Question: do you box only or do you allow legs, elbows, going to the ground etc? If not, why the limit?

peregrine
08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Everyone posting is inspiring me, I just visualize how hard you guys are going and it helps me.

Gabe I like that loosening up with footwork after those heavy singles, great idea.

Did another Teamruthless wod, WOW I felt like a million bucks after, tired but I finished my mission. My abs are so fried I can't sit up in bed I have to roll. LOL. After the wod I had some watermelon and protein. Yummy.

I got a new workout partner, she's strong and got gas which helps push me harder. She's a lot stronger than my gf and she's broken some o lift records at her (former) college.

Tomorrow I am going to the pool to chill. maybe there will be some hotties.

Kobra
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Kid Stuff:

Triplet #01
5 Rounds
5 Barbell Thrusters starting with 95Lbs
10 Turkish Get-ups One Side at a Time starting with
35Lbs
15 Single Arm Swings One Side at a Time starting with
35Lbs

Triplet #02
3 Rounds
Run 400 Meters
25 burpees
15 Pull-ups

Completed the first trip in about 55 mins--getting closer to the goal. Due to time constraints we had to chop the second one a bit.

We did 3 rounds of:

200 meters
10 burpees
10 pull-ups

10 minutes or so.

I am really seeing a difference in my conditioning. My stamina is greater. It still hurts but at least I'm not feeling it in my kidneys like bae4 does when he works out with atrox_vis. ;)

unstpabl1
08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
The previous feedback on my routine was much appreciated. I'm in contact with atrox_vis and have a great program that I'll start on Friday.

I agree that I was over training. I'm loosing that explosive power and my last few rounds of sparing were very tough. Same with the volley ball. I don't have the explosive power to get up quickly.

Glad you hooked up with Master D:cool: and the Evil Mistress Ashley, they'll take you far. Course you'll probably hate everybody in a few days. Was only teasing about Ashley, she's the nice one ask Shdwdancr:D

atrox_vis
08-17-2007, 04:16 AM
Very smart. I got used to my 2 mins in 2 mins out rhythm yesterday.

Question: do you box only or do you allow legs, elbows, going to the ground etc? If not, why the limit?

Yesterday was just Boxing, we vary the use and availability of Body Weapons just to keep things interesting and we did not go to the ground for this work-out. I was kind of curious about how practical just Boxing is against multiple attackers that also were just Boxing. Alot of times we do training as an experiment, after all we are a training laboratory.

Cold War Scout
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
August 17th:
"The Jet Lag": Did a "keep the grooves greased" workout using some of the equipment I was not able to for the past 3 weeks. Weight vest, ankle weights, Clubbells, medicine ball, flex bands.

atrox_vis
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Fri - 17Aug07
Sessions #01 & #02

Did 2 x 1 Hour training sessions working primarily on Foot Work & Kicking with both Knees & Feet

unstpabl1
08-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Aug 17

5 min walk followed by 5rds of 1min jog/4 min walk

2nd w/o
about 25 minutes
movement prep, regeneration, and flexibility work

Gabriel Suarez
08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Aug 17

Kinda smoked from the power cleans and deads yesterday so I took it easy. 2 mile run in boots in the woods.

Dont Tread on Me
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Aug 17

First Team Ruthless workout. Just orientation stuff

100 body weight squats
40 pushups
80 squats
32 pushups
60 squats
24 pushups
40 squats
16 pushups
20 squats
8 pushups

Time: about 20 mins with no rest breaks. I was surprised how deep I had to dig, especially with the pushups. After the first 30, I ended up doing them on my knees girly man style. I got some strange looks from the tofu eaters. I want to see their faces next week when I start swinging weights.

3 mile run. 30:34

Cold War Scout
08-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Aug 17

First Team Ruthless workout. Just orientation stuff

100 body weight squats
40 pushups
80 squats
32 pushups
60 squats
24 pushups
40 squats
16 pushups
20 squats
8 pushups

Time: about 20 mins with no rest breaks. I was surprised how deep I had to dig, especially with the pushups. After the first 30, I ended up doing them on my knees girly man style. I got some strange looks from the tofu eaters. I want to see their faces next week when I start swinging weights.

3 mile run. 30:34

You are well on your way to becoming a Team Ruthless knuckle dragger.

Dont Tread on Me
08-17-2007, 06:00 PM
You are well on your way to becoming a Team Ruthless knuckle dragger.

Great, because I'm getting tired of people saying "CWS is a massive guy" then pointing at me and saying "about his height but CWS is all muscle." :)

Cold War Scout
08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Great, because I'm getting tired of people saying CWS is a massive dude then pointing at me and saying "about his height but CWS is all muscle." :)

It's all a grand lie. This is my secret.

Wolfe
08-17-2007, 07:46 PM
8-13-07

25 minutes of Double Push Up Burpees, 145 reps

8-15-07

16kg KB - 3 snatches and 2 overhead squats each side -
repeated cycle 25 times

Ran about 600 yards

25 get up sit ups combined with a pullover off of my bench

8-17-07

Warm up 1 set each with 16kg KB

SwingsX 20
Halos 10 each direction
Dan John's behind neck stretch/press X 10
Goblet Squats 10 reps held bottom and sunk into the squat
Windmills
Dan John's "potato Sack" squats 10 reps holding and sinking into squat
Snatch 3reps, OH squat 2 reps each side
DARC Swings 20 each side

DEADLIFTS

135X20
185X15
235X10
285X5
315X5
270X10
220X15
185X20

Warm down:

Swings, potato sack squats, squats behind neck 10-15 reps each.

limamike55
08-18-2007, 03:01 AM
five mile run

20 push ups per set x 3 sets

Cold War Scout
08-18-2007, 08:44 AM
August 18th:
Dumbbell thrusters. 101 with 2x30 lbs. 102 with 2x40 lbs. 26 with 2x55 lbs.

Still easing back into the pre-vacation groove.

atrox_vis
08-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Just got through giving an Olympic WeightLifting Work Shop for the last two hours. I went over:
Power Snatches
1. From Hang
2. From Floor
3. From 12" bLOCKS
Full Squat Snatches
1. From Hang
2. From Floor
3. From 12" Blocks
Power Cleans
1. From Hang
2. From Floor
3. From 12" Blocks
Full Squat Cleans
1. From Hang
2. From Floor
3. From 12" Blocks

Good Training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabriel Suarez
08-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Aug 18

500 Take Offs with pistol and rifle
Military Press
Squats
Bent Rows

This was lighter weight/high reps day

Dont Tread on Me
08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Aug 18
Shoot a tactical handgun match using 21st century techniques. Lots of running together with lifting etc. during setup and tear down.

Aside: I had a draw fouled by my horizontal fixed blade carry. Started a thread here (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?p=345767) to discuss it.

Cold War Scout
08-19-2007, 12:19 PM
August 19th:
- Dumbbells/ankle weights mix: 24 different dumbbell exercises (28 total sets). 3 sets of different ankle weights exercises. Still easing back into where I was pre-vacation.

michael
08-19-2007, 11:02 PM
8/19

(5) 1/4 mile sprints (elliptical) w/45 second rest in between. Fastest sprint was 3:30

25 pull-ups
50 push-ups
100 squats

50 v situps

100 squats
50 push-ups
25 pull-ups

Time: Appx. 55 minutes (I forgot to time it exactly)

Gabriel Suarez
08-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Aug 19

500 pistol draws, and 500 rifle mounts...incorporating footwork
2 mile run

Dont Tread on Me
08-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Aug 20

Morning:

3 rounds of the following in 45 mins. I made it through the run part of round 4. This was hard. The 45 min timer beep was very welcome!

Run 1/2 Mile
25 Two Arm Dumbbell Swings - 20Lbs (dropped to 15lbs)
25 Dumbbell Thrusters - 20Lbs (dropped to 15 lbs)
25 Burpees

15 mins stretching/core work.
3 mile run (32:40)

Evening:
2 hours of sparring. I really did not want to do it given what I did in the morning. Short chat with the instructor uncovered the need to sometimes go way beyond one's limits. He likes the Team Ruthless working.

Cold War Scout
08-20-2007, 10:06 AM
August 20th:
Kettlebell: Kettlebell triplets of: clean and press, snatches, 2-handed swings, cleans, 1-handed swings, "get-up sit-ups", front squats, military presses, "Halos". 10 different exercises, 30 total sets.

Cold War Scout
08-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Advice: bring a towel to a team ruthless workout!

A puke bucket has been known to come in handy. But as they say "train hard, fight easy."

Jack Rumbaugh
08-20-2007, 10:47 AM
I played around with turkish get ups last night. WAY harder than they look. Ordered some smaller kettlebells to train the movement with. That and the daughter wants to try them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

JohnH11B
08-20-2007, 01:43 PM
8/20
Finally got back to the gym. 70 pushups, 60 each squats, tricep pushdowns, curls, lateral raises and then a run.

Jack Rumbaugh
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
08/20

Halos
DARC swings
Swing, Flip, Catch
Figure 8s

3 sets of 10 each exercise as heavy as I could manage as fast as I could manage.

Kobra
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Ok, time to get back up to speed with posting this stuff. Yesterday I didn't feel so hot at the gym. Could have been that I had forgotten to eat. Sounds funny, but sometimes unless my wife sets food under my nose I am too distracted or involved in something to remember that I'm hungry. Anyway, we muscled through the first triplet but blew off the second. I will be doing the second tonight along with seeing how many manmakers I can do in 20 minutes using 45# dumbells. Torquemada aka "Dino" wants me to use 50#, but I don't have those around--home workout tonight.

Triplet One: 12-1-12, 11-2-11....
Barbell Snatch
Lifelift (Deadlifts for the Optimistic)
Barbell Cleans

Triplet Two x5:
400 Meter Run
30 Burpees

I love this s**t! :eek:

Elkhunter
08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I havent posted for awhile, but Ive still been doing workouts.

Tonight was one of those nights I was feeling tired and lethargic.

But did a workout anyway.

Couldnt let an old fart like Cold War Scout do workouts on his vacation and bum out on one myself. :D

Gabriel Suarez
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Aug 20

Pistol Drills with footwork
The Cold War Workout - 100 burpees/100 pullups just short of puke speed

Kobra
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Ok, time to get back up to speed with posting this stuff. Yesterday I didn't feel so hot at the gym. Could have been that I had forgotten to eat. Sounds funny, but sometimes unless my wife sets food under my nose I am too distracted or involved in something to remember that I'm hungry. Anyway, we muscled through the first triplet but blew off the second. I will be doing the second tonight along with seeing how many manmakers I can do in 20 minutes using 45# dumbells. Torquemada aka "Dino" wants me to use 50#, but I don't have those around--home workout tonight.

Triplet One: 12-1-12, 11-2-11....
Barbell Snatch
Lifelift (Deadlifts for the Optimistic)
Barbell Cleans

Triplet Two x5:
400 Meter Run
30 Burpees

I love this s**t! :eek:

Ok, even after 8pm here in Phoenix it was 96 degrees. The wife and I took it on. After the running and burpees I could only do 30 manmakers in 20 minutes with the 45# dumbells. I banged out 6 pretty quickly, then did 4, and then started doing 2 at a time. Pretty close to puking the whole time. I don't know if it was the heat or what, but it was different tonight, and I welcomed it. Who can guarantee that we'll fight in a climate controlled environment?

peregrine
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
omg you beast I just finished that workout and you're doing manmakers too, now I wanna go back and do some. well ha I did extra burpees.

good work Kobra. I'm glad you're posting and doing this awesome stuff too.

Feeling great since I made it today, it took some work as I was quesy and near puking
at the first 4 sets. One more for the history books.

Fun 50 for me tomorrow am.

keep pushing guys/gals

scout308
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
August 20 workout

10/1/10, 9/2/9, 8/3/8...3/8/3, 2/9/2, 1/10/1

DB thrusters 25lbs
Burpees
One arm DB swings 20lbs

This was a very good and tiring workout. My burpees need a lot of work, but I improvised. I am getting the motions down, and are feeling very comfortable with them. I have been using the weight bench for my push -ups. By doing the Burpees this way I have managed to get the kick out motion down, and began to enter the push-up on the way down. Yes, I am a little sissy girl, but it works for me. If I had as much muscle;) in my arms as I do in my belly I could be a real man, and do them right.

Since doing these workouts I have noticed little by little the differences. I think my wife is jealous, but she and my boys have been my encouragement. I am feeling really good since joining with Dino. I must admit that between my work and family schedule communication has been lacking on my part.

Cold War Scout
08-21-2007, 03:17 AM
Who can guarantee that we'll fight in a climate controlled environment?

Somewhere out there is a thug who would have quit after the first 3 Manmakers. We just keep driving on as best we can.

I am off to 8 hours of defensive tactics training today at TREXPO. I don't want to do it. Hell ever since I hury my back a year ago and was laid up for 6 weeks I have almost completely lost my desire and lust for things combatives. But I am going today and I will do the 8 hours. Because that's still who I am. A mere man who just keeps trying to drive on.

peregrine
08-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Somewhere out there is a thug who would have quit after the first 3 Manmakers. We just keep driving on as best we can.

I am going today and I will do the 8 hours. Because that's still who I am. A mere man who just keeps trying to drive on.

good work Cws.
I like your attitude and resolve. Keep grinding away and putting in the work. Rep after rep, year after year we get better. Some like the fight day, some like the peak, some like to do their favorites, I love it all.

What I love about each teamruthless workouts, very few people will do it day after day. That creates a huge mental edge along with the physcial. Only the 2% will push it past their comfort zone of their own minds and bodies. Anyone can reach that state, it just takes practice. This is not an advocacy to do stupid things, as there is a difference between pain and injury.

Train like a champ and it pays huge dividends when it comes crunch time and in life.

Dont Tread on Me
08-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Hell ever since I hury my back a year ago and was laid up for 6 weeks I have almost completely lost my desire and lust for things combatives.

I herniated a disk 2 years back (L5 S1). It took me a year to build the core muscle strength and flexibility to get back into combatives without pain. Ground fighting is where I find I have the most risk of tweaking the disk again. Please PM me if you want to swap tall guy back stories.

We need a thread on running team ruthless workouts with back injuries. I'm concerned about the amount of squatting. I've setup a bench to limit the depth I get.

August 21
Active rest day. 15 mins of one handed gun manipulations.

Jack Rumbaugh
08-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Double herniation at L4-L5 here. I'm in on the broken old guy's forum/thread. ;)

Elkhunter
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Compression of the T8 here, 12 years of spasms and pain.

Pretty much healed up and good to go now.

Havent been to the chiropractor in a few months.

Rarely use my inversion bar anymore.

Kettlebells are awesome for a back. :)

michael
08-21-2007, 10:50 AM
8/21

Quickie KB w/o before work. Clean and presses, snatches. 12 total sets, 220 reps.

Cold War Scout
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
August 21st:
Defensive tactics training: 8 hours of defensive tactics training at TREXPO: 2 in Krav Maga, 2 in Target Focused Training, 4 in Police Combatives Academy.

Weight vest at home: With 40 lb. weight vest, 5 rounds of: push-ups, squats, calf raises, sit-ups, Saxon side bends (w/2x10 lb. Heavy Hands). Nothing to write home about but good enough to qualify as a workout.

Kobra
08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Active rest day:

6 miles in 110 degrees (in jeans) with a 25lb. pack. It is more a mental game than anything. You just have to stay hydrated and keep humpin. I should note that the trek was broken up. 3 miles in...break...3 miles out.

unstpabl1
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
August 21st:
Defensive tactics training: 8 hours of defensive tactics training at TREXPO: 2 in Krav Maga, 2 in Target Focused Training, 4 in Police Combatives Academy.

Weight vest at home: With 40 lb. weight vest, 5 rounds of: push-ups, squats, calf raises, sit-ups, Saxon side bends (w/2x10 lb. Heavy Hands). Nothing to write home about but good enough to qualify as a workout.

After training all day? Good job.

Who was the instructor for the Krav Portion of the training?

Jack Rumbaugh
08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Active rest of sorts.

tried out a few things with my KBs. Snatches are coming along nicely.

Kobra
08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
August 21st:

I hope I can do that stuff when I get to be as old as you are. :dope:

Cold War Scout
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
After training all day? Good job.

Who was the instructor for the Krav Portion of the training?

Jon Pascal. Lemme tell you he did a sensational job. Along with Bryan Inagaki from Krav Maryland, and an Israeli guy whose name I do not know, they were nothing less than sensational in my book.

unstpabl1
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Jon Pascal. Lemme tell you he did a sensational job. Along with Bryan Inagaki from Krav Maryland, and an Israeli guy whose name I do not know, they were nothing less than sensational in my book.

Thank you. I've heard really great things about Pascal. Does Amir Perets or Sam Sade ring a bell for the Israeli. I've heard of Sam, seen Amir teach. He's a monster. really good. Hope you had a great time
mike

michael
08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Thank you. I've heard really great things about Pascal. Does Amir Perets or Sam Sade ring a bell for the Israeli. I've heard of Sam, seen Amir teach. He's a monster. really good. Hope you had a great time
mike

Sam is a stud. I would want him in my corner anytime. He did one of my promotion tests, and he is brutal. A real, BTDT guy. Amir is awesome as well, but I have not personally trained with him.

unstpabl1
08-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Good Workouts Michael. Hope your backs coming around

peregrine
08-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Today 50 reps x 6 exercises.
I figure this was a burn out day. Tomorrow i have a rest day.
I love the feel of burpees now. I imagine i'm sprawling on some baddies head then pop up and knee him in the teeth. Or sprawling then jump up and uppercutting or doing a tackle takedown.

bluemeanie
08-22-2007, 12:23 AM
20 minutes mild intervals on the stationary bike, 5 min warmup followed by 1 minute at 75%, 20 secs @ 50%, repeat.

Then about 40 minutes on the heavy bag, starting with 3 minute rounds working individual punches and kicks with 1 minute rest. Then Ross Ennemait-style minute drills working power combos, then a four-minute punchout kind of drill with 20 secs power, 20secs punchout, 20 secs rest.

Finished up with a half-hour of kata. I think I test for my first black stripe Saturday.

Cold War Scout
08-22-2007, 04:01 AM
I hope I can do that stuff when I get to be as old as you are. :dope:

Thanks. It was not the most physically active day in my combatives training career, but it was a long, tiring one.

Cold War Scout
08-22-2007, 04:01 AM
mike

I'll ask today if I see one of the guys.

Jon is an exceptional instructor. His knowledge of the material, coupled with his dynamic presentation style, makes him top tier in my humble opinion.

michael
08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
I'll ask today if I see one of the guys.

Jon is an exceptional instructor. His knowledge of the material, coupled with his dynamic presentation style, makes him top tier in my humble opinion.

Amir did several seminars a few years back. I don't know if he still is, but they would be very worthwhile.

michael
08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Good Workouts Michael. Hope your backs coming around

I had a setback for a week or so, but it was due more to digging a ditch (water leak) than anything Dino had me doing. I do have to be very careful about which exercises I do as many of the ones I would like to do only cause pain, and I can't do them anyway.

Dont Tread on Me
08-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Morning:

1/2 mile run then 25 - 20 - 15 - 10 - 5 As Fast As Possible of

Sumo DeadLift High Pulls - 55Lbs
Dumbbell Swings - 25Lbs
Dumbbell Thrusters - 2 X 25Lbs

Did not puke but got very light headed.

Evening: One hour sparing at Krav.

Cold War Scout
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
August 22nd (lunch time):
Weight vest anaerobic. With 40 lb. weight vest:
- ran 400 meters, walked 100, then
- ran 200, walked 100 (seven times)

Total of 2600 meters.

Short on time today.

atrox_vis
08-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Wednesday
22 August 2007

Snatches - 7 Sets (Both of us hit PR's)
Snatch High Pulls - 5 Sets
KettleBell Snatch High Pulls while Standing on a 12" Box (One Arm At A Time) - 3 Sets
For the high pulls with kettlebells, you let the bell touch the ground each time and pull bell to head level. It increases your range of motion & helps create superior strength in the low end of your verticle pull from the floor.

JohnH11B
08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
8/22
100 pushups, followed by 50 reps each of curls, tricep pushdowns, lateral pulldowns and then a run.

Jack Rumbaugh
08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
100 swings with 20 kg KB
I was trying for 100 snatches each side but made it to 70 a side. I decided when I couldn't lock out the 20 kg, I was cooked.

The progression was:

10 18kg
20 20kg
20 24kg
10 28kg
10 20kg

I switched sides at 10 reps.

michael
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
8/22

5 rounds each, as fast as possible:

20 Pull-ups (100)
30 Push-ups (150)
40 V situps (200)
50 Squats (250)

Total time: 49 minutes

austin
08-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Pulling all nighters for work and taking naps during the day:

8/21

3 ( 20 MM + 30 situps + 30 Leg Extentsions)
Rode bike for 30 min

8/22

Ran 2 mi
Rode Bike for 10 min
5 x ( 20 burpees + 20 situps )
Chinups & Cable Rows
Takeoffs and movement drills

atrox_vis
08-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Thursday
23 August 2007

Couplet
KettleBell Swing, Flip, Catch, & Squat
One Arm Sots Press/OverHead Squat

KettleBell Snatches with KettleBell on 12" Box

KettleBell Two Arm Push Press

Cold War Scout
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
August 23rd:
Clubbells: 37 different exercises (39 total sets). Used the heavier weights but did about 2 reps fewer per exercise than pre-vacation. I'm just tired this week from TREXPO.

Kobra
08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Turkish Get-up (25# kb)/Manmaker (45# db)
20/1, 19/2, 18/3...
45 min. Time limit.

We must have been tired because we only worked through 18/3 in the progression. However, it should be noted that "20" translates to "40" as you must do 20 Get-ups per arm. So, in total we did 114 Turkish Get-ups and a whopping 6 Manmakers. I don't feel bad about it.

Jack Rumbaugh
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
20/1, 19/2, 18/3...
45 min. Time limit.

We must have been tired because we only worked through 18/3 in the progression. However, it should be noted that "20" translates to "40" as you must do 20 Get-ups per arm. So, in total we did 114 Turkish Get-ups and a whopping 6 Manmakers. I don't feel bad about it.

I'm dabbling in the TGUs and 114 impresses the hell out of me. Good job, bro.

peregrine
08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
20/1, 19/2, 18/3...
45 min. Time limit.

I'm scheduled for that one, if it seems too long I may switch to half get ups. I am still working the form on a lot of the lifts.

Kobra
08-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm scheduled for that one, if it seems too long I may switch to half get ups. I am still working the form on a lot of the lifts.

It is long, bro, and thus the 45min. time limit. My left side is very much behind, well not a huge amount, my right side, but my form is getting better on the weak side.

Kobra
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I really appreciate that, Jack, and so will my wife. Thanks.

peregrine
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
20/1, 19/2, 18/3...
45 min. Time limit.

I'm up for this one, I may have to do half get ups if I am short on time.

EDIT- I went for this one today. I ended up doing the half get ups. I need more practice with these and both my knees acl began to feel a little loose. I tried the modified version first. the one where you step back like you're getting up in an mma fight, that one still felt weak. Though I like the good pain i feel in the wrist where the kettlebell rest, i can visualize these over time making my wrist denser. I also tried to shoot each half get up skywards as i'm throwing a hard ko cross... that felt wonderful. Saturday i'm going to have my friend check my form on my tgu.
Got to 15/5. not much of a dent. I felt like i got clobbered today as i didn't finish, kind of disheartening. The abs and shoulders were pretty exhausted.

Tomorrow i get to workout in the gym with the grunts of 2/3. I kind of feel like a chump for not finishing today. So tomorrow i'm going to try to own the gym by intensity, deisre and discipline. I can't remember what wrestler said it, but "i go out there to win every practice," so i'm willing myself to be that guy. The guy everyone knows is an animal who pushes it harder than most, the guy who can tap into his primal self at a moments notice. Thus the link between crunch time and training is very small, like Lombardi said "winning is a habit."

MDTS
08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
20/1, 19/2, 18/3...
45 min. Time limit.

Kobra, Dino gave me this yesterday morning and I only got through 16/5 with the 16kg KB for TGU's and 25# DB for Sonny P manmakers. After the 20/1 I had to drop the weight of the KB down to 8kg's! Thought I was gonna drop the damn bell on my noggin. This one was terrible.

Dont Tread on Me
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Aug 24
Physical rest.
100 round practice. 25 perfect MT at 25 yards then malfunction drills, primary/secondary hand etc.

Aug 25
Morning
1/2 mile run then

4 Rounds
50 Dumbbell Swings (30lbs)
10 Pull-ups
30 Sit-ups
50 Squats

1/2 mile run

Feeling tight and powerful.

michael
08-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Been having some "back issues" the last few days, so I basically laid around the last two days. Back at it today, but the back is still sore.

8/25

4 ---1/4 mile sprints, 45 second rest in between each

4 rounds of:

10 pull-ups
30 bench presses
50 squats

Total time: 49:43

10 minute stretch afterwards

Cold War Scout
08-25-2007, 01:21 PM
August 24th (in the Outer Banks):
With 53 lb. kettlebell:
- 3 sets clean and press
- 3 sets snatches
- 3 sets 1-handed swings
- 3 sets cleans
- 3 sets 2-handed swings
- 3 sets front squats
- 4 sets get-ups sit-ups

August 25th (in the Outer Banks):
With 40 lb. weight vest:
- walked in the sand on the beach for about 45 minutes. This really smoked me. I think my hip flexors, knees, and ankles got the majority of this workout. Did 30 squats when I got back.

JohnH11B
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
8/25
2 mile run followed by 70 pushups. At night, but it was still 91 outside.

austin
08-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Pulling all nighters for work and taking naps during the day:

8/22

Ran 2 mi
Rode Bike for 10 min
5 x ( 20 burpees + 20 situps )
Chinups & Cable Rows
Takeoffs and movement drills

The combo of chinups and burpees really did a number on my lats. I woke up so sore Saturday morning I could barely move and could not even swim one lap.

Cold War Scout
08-26-2007, 09:23 AM
August 26th in the Outer Banks:
Workout at the beach house:
- Clubbell (20 lbs.): 13 Circular Strength Training exercises.
- 102 burpees (these smoked me because it is hot and humid as hell here).
- 102 medicine ball crunches.
- 102 calf raises on stairs.

Kobra
08-26-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Rounds of:
400 Meter Run
25 Deadlift
25 Zerchers
25 Pushpress

Each successive round decrease number of reps by 5. So, for example the second round looked like this:

400 Meter Run
20 Deadlifts
20 Zerchers
20 Pushpress

Took us an hour to complete. Started with 185lbs on the deads and moved to 225lbs once I was warm. Started with 95lbs. on the zerchers and the pushpress, but moved up to 135lbs. once warm. I think next time I'll go heavier on the zerchers, but damn they smart if the weight shifts.

I really need to take a pic of my shins. They really take a beating doing the deads. Twice today I had blood running down into my socks. I ain't complaining. I actually work better when I bleed a little--gets me pumped.

Oh, my wife does all of these workouts with me. She has made incredible progress. She finished deadlifting her bodyweight for 5 reps. She really helps push us through. She is competitive and doesn't quit.

EDIT: One of the big pains about using a commercial gym is commandeering two bars, two racks, and switching weights. Takes time and you have to fight off a lot of gym rats.

peregrine
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
run
dl- 25/20/15/10/5
zerchers- same
push press- same

took me awhile, lots of stop and gos.
Good thing is my whole fire crew is doing these with me when we work and they love it. Though they're using weights they can rep as opposed to near maximal.
They're doing it more crossfit style, going for low weight and constant movement.

My body weights coming back up to what I started at as i'm eatting more carbs. Nice thing is bodyfat is staying low so i'm attributing it to more glycogen retention and a little muscle growth.

Tomorrow got my hoseman to workout with me after shift, she's lifting more than the guys.

Then a day off, i'll do some footwork, takeoffs, power stroking and krabi. Follow with some light yoga and sauna.

Dont Tread on Me
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Morning
4 Rounds
Run 1/4 Mile
50 Dumbbell Swings - 35Lbs
25 Floor Presses - Start at 95Lbs (dropped to 60lbs for last 2 rounds)
10 Pull-ups

It is hard to do these workouts at a gym. I've got people who set up camp on a piece of equipment for the day and retarded personal trainers bitching about the hazards of swinging weights even when I'm facing the wall. Still, all good fuel for the fire:)

Evening
Krav
30 mins of anaerobic daze with combatives against bags and pads
30 mins working counter attack to bear hugs. You've got to know what you're doing with bear hugs.

peregrine
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
It definatelly is hard doing some of these in a commercial gym.
Ca Brit an option for the floor presses could be done with dumbells, I sometimes end up using a bb then have to switch due to choices of equipment available. That's why I try to frequent particular gyms and try to go at off times. But my schedule is often flexible.

Kobra
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
It definatelly is hard doing some of these in a commercial gym.
Ca Brit an option for the floor presses could be done with dumbells, I sometimes end up using a bb then have to switch due to choices of equipment available. That's why I try to frequent particular gyms and try to go at off times. But my schedule is often flexible.

It is tough. Peregrine's advice is good concerning using dumbs when you can't get a bar. Thankfully the trainers at my gym are all into crossfit and kettlebells, and so they are very supportive of what the wife and I are doing. However, many of them are amazed at the program and often tell us that we are insane. We put on a show for them.

Cold War Scout
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
August 27th in the Outer Banks:
With 53 lb. kettlebell did 1 set each of 16 different exercises.

Dont Tread on Me
08-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the advice Gents. It is an exercise in improvisation/ interpersonal skills.

We put on a show for them.

I'm getting the feeling I'm standing out like a sore thumb. Everybody else looks like there asleep relative to a Ruthless workout.

peregrine
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm getting the feeling I'm standing out like a sore thumb. Everybody else looks like there asleep relative to a Ruthless workout.

Same here.
But guys like us don't care what other people think cause we train for a reason and that's to put the hurt on any scum that decides to hurt us or our family.
I was thinking more about what I wrote about crossfit and what Dino, Cws and Gabe has written or said.

Gabe mentioned it in why he did a lot of powerlifting when working gangs, Cws wrote it when he commented why am I going to want to use a weight I can do 21 times when I could use a more substantial weight that equates to more power transfer.
When it comes time to hit or hurt someone you want to put them down and out for good. Being able to do crossfit type work is only part of the equation which in part is conditioning and gymnastics. I feel it's missing the link between the common attributes of combatives Dino is writing about and the raw power that one must draw upon in a 10-40sec melee, that may extend longer. A major part of my point is when you hit someone your intent and nervous system must be innate, it is pure rage like mofo t rex coming down on them or clockwork like a well oiled mack truck, even if you're a straw weight.

Today am
9 exrecises, total 10 sets. I wanted to hit the gym heavy bag to let my hands go, but the preggo weight class was going on. My quads feel it the most.
Lots of honeys in the gym, today- wow. On a side note the ugly mutt that I am a few kept eyeballing me. Must be the nice butt and neanderthal trapezius
from the teamruthless workouts.

today pm
technique work with single stick and knife, doing bilateralism. Maybe some espady daga to flow. I got to find some ak drill time this month for the oct class.

Also I need to start cutting weight soon, I'm 13lbs over my weight class for october(6wks out) then I need to jack back up and more for late november (about 12wks out).

Feeling pretty good today, got near puking, gonna cruise the beach soon as the official bikini inspector.

Cold War Scout
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
If you are going all out against an opponent you have anywhere from 20 seconds to 45 seconds to put them down and out, depending upon whose stats you believe. After that the same energy depletion factors will start affecting you more or less as much as they affect the bad guy. Having good anaerobic endurance will give you a little more oomph for a little while longer, but why let it get that far and what if you can't do something substantive with that additional time? You must damage your opponent during that 20-45 seconds. You must turn the tables in your favor. It sure does not hurt to have strength going in your favor at that moment.

That's why I like the Ruthless philosophy. It emphasizes the anaerobic COUPLED WITH the strength.

Kobra
08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
And we all know how LONG 45 seconds--even 20 seconds--can seem while in the "melee" that is a Ruthless workout session. I know I harp on this, but the psychological conditioning that the Ruthless program puts you through is key to surviving a violent encounter. When you feel like you cannot do one more thruster or one more round you push through. Your mind is being trained to--in essence--ignore fatigue and keep the power on eleven.

The change in my wife is also a testimony to the Ruthless Combatives program. Not just her physical appearance, but her psychological well being. She's become increasingly aggressive during the workouts and often pushes us through. She's also noted that her stress levels concerning daily affairs has diminished. And besides a body composition change she's noted the cessation of periodic muscle spasm in her left tricep as well as the absence of hip pain during the night.

I imagine that I'm just amazed by the contrast in philosophy between a traditional body building program and a combatives program. I worked really hard at it--the bb program--and even for a skinny guy I got fairly strong, but when I look back now I really was lazy. In fact, I think that laziness is innate to a body building program--that laziness translates into "gassed in ten seconds." [End Ramble]

peregrine
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Check out my thread on Dance Party USA in the fitness section. It covers combining footwork and tool movement on top of light cardio.

michael
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
8/28

4 rounds of:

1/4 mile sprints
75 squats
50 v situps
25 bench presses

Time: 42:00

10 minute stretch afterwards

Cold War Scout
08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
August 28th:
- Weight vest routine using a variety of 40 pound weight vest, 2x10 lb. ankle weights, 2x10 lb. Heavy Hands exercises for weighted resistance. 32 exercises total.

JohnH11B
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
8/28
50 reps each:curls, squats, benchpress, lateral raises and lateral pulldowns

Kobra
08-28-2007, 08:26 PM
100 Burpees
50 Dumbbell Thrusters - Heavy
25 Get Off The X Drills - 1100 & 1300 count as one
(Also, change order in which you go - no pattern)

100 Push-ups
50 KettleBell swings - Heavy
25 GOTX Drlls

100 Sit-ups
50 Dumbbell Power Cleans - Heavy
25 GOTX Drills

100 Squats
50 Dumbbell One Arm Power Snatches One Arm at a Time -
Heavy
25 GOTX Drills

We did this at our home--my wife and I. She used 25# dumbs and a 26# kettlebell. I used 45# dumbs and a 62# kettlebell.

Today I am really having trouble walking due to sore glutes and hams, but I think it is from the hellish deadlift/zercher workout I did the day before yesterday. Hopefully I'll be good for tomorrow. What I mean by that is I'm going to do it because I'm stupid, but I want to do it without being stiff. However, and I wonder if others experience this, the stiffness and pain goes away after a set or two. But once you start you can't stop.

Kobra
08-28-2007, 08:32 PM
NOTE: I wish I were doing this stuff up in Gabe's area. The high altitude would enhance this stuff wonderfully.

austin
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
NOTE: I wish I were doing this stuff up in Gabe's area. The high altitude would enhance this stuff wonderfully.

Try it wearing a gas mask.

Dont Tread on Me
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM
August 28

One hour Krav.

15 mins anaerobic sprints, pushups, crawling, etc.
15 mins working chocks
30 mins working six on one. Rotating from being one of the six to the one.

I'm feeling the benefit of the Ruthless workouts when working with multiple attackers. You've got deal up non stop hurt real fast.

August 29
Morning

1/2 mile run

5 Rounds full sprint - ~15 mins
5 Dumbbell Thrusters -35lbs
10 Dumbbell Swings - 35lbs
15 L Pull-ups with undergrip
20 Sit-ups (holding 15lb disk)

1/2 mile slow walk back

Cold War Scout
08-29-2007, 10:15 AM
August 29th:
Weight vest (40 lbs.) aerobic: Did 3 mile walk with 40 lb. weight vest. Did 10 sets of 10 burpees along the way.

JohnH11B
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
8/29
50 benchpress, 50 tricep pushdowns
30 each-curls, reverse curls, squats and lateral raises.

Kobra
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
As tough as Dino is, he does show mercy toward the foolish. He's giving us another day off. Thank God because I'm still sore. He can't keep me from cutting the lawn though! :D

peregrine
08-29-2007, 05:28 PM
As tough as Dino is, he does show mercy toward the foolish. He's giving us another day off. Thank God because I'm still sore. He can't keep me from cutting the lawn though! :D

I think he's just saving a bigger, better workout for you in which you need to be fully rested. lol.

Cold War Scout
08-30-2007, 08:42 AM
August 30th:
- Kettlebells workout. Mostly double kettlebells (21 different exercises, 29 total sets). Some single kettlebells also (2 different exercises, 5 total sets).

Generally went one notch lighter in weight than the last time, although with a few more reps per set, for most sets because I have not done a double kettlebell workout in a while.

peregrine
08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Thursday pm

4rds of fun and lust
run
burpees
deads

haha it was great. i Love it.
I'm getting better on the burpees and the runs. The last round was workable, the deads are the icing on the cake. I just think suplex.
suplex. suplex. The burpees are sprawl-pop up, sprawl-pop up, sprawl-pop up. The runs, well i haven't thought of that one yet, maybe "i'm gonna catch you sucka" though i still am a turtle not a hare. lol.

Was a little dehydrated, but i had my water jug with me in the gym. Tomorrow am i'm hitting the gym early then taking a nap. Tomorrow pm i get to roll with some big boys. Can't wait till they feel my gas and then i'm going to try to crank up the turbo created by all this anaerobic and power stuff. See who cracks first, their will or mines. It's been about 4-6weeks since i rolled with them.

I also have to fix my tunes and use some music to stimulate my auditory senses. I'm still eatting like a pig. lol. But the weight cut will be fine. I just hope to retain most of the starting and maximal strength. That issue can be a problem.
I'm going to try to stay in positive nitrogen balance through the day by keeping my water jug full of bcaas.

I also need to work on the flexibility post workout.

My crew did half to 3/4 of the workout. They love it, i just have to keep an eye on their dl form. They eat it up. Sweating and swearing. lol.

You guys on WT make me feel like we're on a team. I love reading your stuff before my workouts.

all the best
Peregrine.

edit- i got some running chaffing, lol. i forgot to wear tights.

peregrine
08-31-2007, 12:58 AM
100 Burpees
50 Dumbbell Thrusters - Heavy
25 Get Off The X Drills - 1100 & 1300 count as one
(Also, change order in which you go - no pattern)

100 Push-ups
50 KettleBell swings - Heavy
25 GOTX Drlls

100 Sit-ups
50 Dumbbell Power Cleans - Heavy
25 GOTX Drills

100 Squats
50 Dumbbell One Arm Power Snatches One Arm at a Time -
Heavy
25 GOTX Drills

We did this at our home--my wife and I. She used 25# dumbs and a 26# kettlebell. I used 45# dumbs and a 62# kettlebell.

Today I am really having trouble walking due to sore glutes and hams, but I think it is from the hellish deadlift/zercher workout I did the day before yesterday. Hopefully I'll be good for tomorrow. What I mean by that is I'm going to do it because I'm stupid, but I want to do it without being stiff. However, and I wonder if others experience this, the stiffness and pain goes away after a set or two. But once you start you can't stop.

Awesome workout. Wow. very functional.
I am stiff sometimes as well, at times the best thing to do is get a light workout in to flush the muscles. But you know your body best. Vit c, contrasting showers, massages, ibuprofen. A guy i work with trains 6-7x a week inteneslly for endurance sports and that's what he tells me.

I'm seriouslly looking for a massage chair, i think that will be one of my best investments for my longevity. Though, I'm fortunate in that there is a sauna at 2/3 gyms i go to. This helps me loosen up after my workouts. Try a hot bath or jacuzzi.

Your wife sounds really fit. You're a lucky guy to have a good workout partner. Is she a better shot?

Cold War Scout
08-31-2007, 03:04 AM
August 31, 2007:
Dumbbell thrusters: 1 set with 2x30 lb. dumbbells. 10 sets with 2x40 lb. dumbbells.

Gotta catch a flight to Prescott, and had to work out Nena first, so did not have time for much today.

peregrine
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Fri am
feeder workout/light and fast
4rds
sprint 400m
push press 95# x 10
L pull ups varied grip x 10

my running rash is annoying. lol, I'm walking around bowlegged. haha.

michael
08-31-2007, 05:57 PM
8/31

KB Swings
Bench Press

15/1,14/2.13/3,12/4.........1/15

Dont Tread on Me
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
I let a couple of busy work days get the better of me and I hit the snooze button this morning to complete two days without working up a sweat. Reading the post here by you Gents and my own gave me a kick in the butt.

I hit "Play It Again Sports" and got some used adjustable dumbbells. These together with my yard and the neighborhood kid's monkey bars are all I need for a Sat morning workout.

I worked the new exercises from tomorrow's workout "dry" (i.e. without without weight or speed) to ensure I understand them. No excuse for tomorrow now.

peregrine
09-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Fri pm
roll went great.
Dinos workouts has made me an animal on the mat. I didn't win them all, but everyone noticed, though they always hated my scramble and stacatto type tempo.
We warmed up with some conditioning and drills, Teamruthless has allowed me to smoke todays warm up. Then we did round robin and we had a great time. Power and conditioning was really good, even with the round robin. Afterwards they all mentioned they're going to pick up their running and sprints. I took that as a plus.
Suprisinglly i have not been doing tons of stretching, but i felt great afterwards and no pulled muscles or tweaked back which is usually the result of mat time with these big boys(all outweighed me by 50-90#). I attribute a lot of this to the warm up as well as the sequencing, exercise selection and variations in Teamruthless type workouts. My back is incrediblly more conditioned now.

No one got hurt, which was the main thing and we all had a good night.

Big bump for Teamruthless.

Cold War Scout
09-01-2007, 06:25 AM
September 1st:
Hotel room: with rubber tubing: 4 sets of military presses, squats, sit-ups and bent over rows. Added 75 burpees.

Dont Tread on Me
09-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Round
{
Run 1/2 Mile
25 pullups
25 Power Clean 2 X 25lbs
}
Decrease reps by 5 for a total of five rounds.

This was my first yard/neighborhood workout. I had trouble finding a field expedient pullup setup. I guess kids don't get monkey bars these days. I eventually worked out a sturdy tree branch about eight feet off the ground plus a old karate belt thrown over it.

unstpabl1
09-01-2007, 02:17 PM
September 1st:
Hotel room: with rubber tubing: 4 sets of military presses, squats, sit-ups and bent over rows. Added 75 burpees.

Did you forget where you live. Everytime I look your in a hotel:D Good for you. Hope your having fun

michael
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
9/1

1/4 mile elliptical sprint
50 pull-ups
50 push-ups
50 v situps
50 squats Time: 19:21

1/2 mile
30 pull-ups
30 push-ups
30 v situps
30 squats Time: 40:37

1/2 mile
10 pull-ups
10 push-ups
10 v situps
10 squats Time: 52:45

1/4 mile

Limiting factor was the pull-ups. I started out in sets of 10, but ended up in sets of 5 towards the end.

Time: 57:14

limamike55
09-01-2007, 04:07 PM
7 Miles and the AK Drills

Cold War Scout
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Did you forget where you live. Everytime I look your in a hotel:D Good for you. Hope your having fun

The main reason I retired is that you never know when God will take you off this Earth. I want to have some fun and see some of the world before that happens. I have been blessed with great friends who have made travel possible.

scout308
09-01-2007, 10:09 PM
September 01, 2007

1/2 Mile ET
50 Squats
50 Sit-ups
50 Push-ups
1/2 Mile ET
30 Squats
30 Sit-ups
30 Push-ups
1/ Mile ET
10 Squats
10 Sit-ups
10 Push-ups
1/2 Mile ET

I have been out of it most of the week.:o I could make up excuses, but they all stink.
This was a good "Get off your ASS!!" workout.:o I was able to get it all done in the 45 minutes time range, but barely.I hate to see what Dino is going to hit me with next.:( :eek:

peregrine
09-02-2007, 02:17 AM
The main reason I retired is that you never know when God will take you off this Earth. I want to have some fun and see some of the world before that happens. I have been blessed with great friends who have made travel possible.

I view your stage in life as another chapter as opposed to "retired." You're doing a lot of good work and helping advance a lot of good peoples training and actions. ok that's enough warm fuzzies.

Cold War Scout
09-02-2007, 06:39 AM
September 2nd:
Hotel room workout: with rubber tubing 200 thrusters.

Another day of Advanced Close Range Gunfighting coming up!
- 20 burpees during lunch.
- 20 burpees after training was over just before we left range.

austin
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
September 2nd:
Hotel room workout: with rubber tubing

Maybe I have watched too much 24, but a Hotel Room Workout with rubber tubing means something totally different to me.

Every day last week:

AM: 2 mile run with hills

PM: Ride 30 minutes +

MWF : 3 x ( 15 Man Makers + 30 Situps + 30 leg extensions )
TTH : Chinups and Cable exercises + takeoffs

9/1 :

Ranch PT: Load and unload 100 50# bags of seed
Load and deliver 2 tons of scrap wire and steel

5 sets ( Chinups + Stair Runs ( 3 steps at a time ) + Burpees + Situps + Body Weight Squats )

While doing this I was accosted by a very fit woman asking me to join her Power Yoga class.

Dont Tread on Me
09-02-2007, 03:51 PM
with rubber tubing 200 thrusters.

I'm heading towards a week of hotels for a business trip. Can you tell me what you mean by rubber tubing please?

August 2nd
Shot a 3 gun match.

Cold War Scout
09-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm heading towards a week of hotels for a business trip. Can you tell me what you mean by rubber tubing please?

August 2nd
Shot a 3 gun match.

http://www.shapeupshop.com/bands_balls_tubes_bars/bulk_tubing.htm

http://www.lifelineusa.com/products.cfm?categoryid=9&productid=93

This rubber tubing can be adjusted to create more tension simply by repositioning the grips on the rubber tubing. What I did was to cut two different lengths so I could minimize any handles moving. A long length for squats, military presses, thrusters and curls. And a shorter length for sit-ups, rows, floor pressses, etc. The two lengths with handles fit in a relatively small bag. And bottom line is they do a great job of giving you something to work with when you don't have any gym/fitness center access.

unstpabl1
09-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Ain't that the truth! I'm really glad your getting around, though next time you hit LA, I owe you a beer. Didn't realize you were here last time till after you left.. No Memphis ghetto like hi end wine stops though!:D

Cold War Scout
09-03-2007, 12:55 PM
September 3rd:
At Freedom Fitness in Prescott: Did a dumbbells and barbell based workout. Added 12 minutes on elliptical.

Cold War Scout
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Guys, Cold War is probably the most fit man his age i've ever met.......
He's one cool dude that knows how to live and take care of himself....this trip wouldn't be the same without him!!!

Quite honestly, the same comments above...apply to Marc Denny with the edition that Marc has an itelligence level approaching genius and is quite the Gentlemen. (according to Mrs. C)....... (the kids like CWS, cause he likes Reggatone and talks to them like adults and not kids)

You have great kids. The older one reminds me sooooo much of my own girls.

Cold War Scout
09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Maybe I have watched too much 24, but a Hotel Room Workout with rubber tubing means something totally different to me.

At least you didn't make any wisecracks about a XXX movie complete with foot tapping....

michael
09-03-2007, 01:33 PM
.. No Memphis ghetto like hi end wine stops though!:D

That was an adventure.:eek:

Cold War Scout
09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
That was an adventure.:eek:

Oh tell the truth. You had great fun. Your only regret was that we could not find a worse neighborhood for me to get my Merlot in.

Kobra
09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
It's All Downhill

25-20-15-10-5

Deadlifts 225lbs
Powercleans w/Pushpress 135lbs.
Burpees

I've been eating 3500 cals a day including shakes, but I'm down to 215lbs. LOL. Though, in the past week I haven't had much of an appetite.

scout308
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
It's All Downhill

25-20-15-10-5

Deadlifts 225lbs
Powercleans w/Pushpress 135lbs.
Burpees

I've been eating 3500 cals a day including shakes, but I'm down to 215lbs. LOL. Though, in the past week I haven't had much of an appetite.

I HATE people like you!!:mad: :cool: I eat 3500 calories a day, and I have to have Dino work me 3 times as hard.:eek:

Damn You, Damn You all to hell!!;)

Kobra
09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, it ain't all that great. Eating becomes a great deal of work. YOu have to shop for it, prepare it, haul it, chew it, and all the time. I have the opposite problem of most, but it ain't a great one to have. Trust me on that. :rolleyes:

Dont Tread on Me
09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Sep 4
Morning
4 Rounds
Run ¼ Mile @ 7mph
50 Dumbbell Thrusters – 20Lbs
25 Barbell Floor Presses – 90lbs with dumb bells. Could not get the bench.

Time ~55 mins. Smoked me big time.

Evening
One hour Krav. 30 mins anaerobic drills. 30 mins working chocks from all angles.

CWS - thank you for the info on bands for hotel room workouts.

Cold War Scout
09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
September 4th:
In hotel room: with rubber tubing: 6 circuits of military presses, squats, sit-ups, and bent over rows.

JohnH11B
09-04-2007, 02:30 PM
9/4

40 reps each: squats, pushups, crunchies, lateral raises, lateral pulldowns, triceps pushdowns, curls and standing presses.

austin
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
9/3

At dozer pile:

Live and Dry fire from different stances.

Takeoffs dry fire with 1911, XD, and Glock.

Takeoffs live fire with same 200 rounds.

9/4

Resting HR was 53 this AM.

Rode for 30 minutes
7 x ( Chinups + Stair Bounds + Burpees + Inclined Situps )
2 x ( Body weight Squats + Cable Rows + dumbell flys )

Total of 360 reps.

Chatted with power yoga lady.

Kobra
09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
13:
Named it this because tonight my 13 year old stepdaughter did it with us. She used 5 lb. dumbs for the manmakers though. My wife used 15's and I used 25's. She kept up cause we're slackers. ;)

1/4 mile run
25 mm's
10 pull-ups

X4

Total: 1 mile run, 100 manmakers, 40 pull-ups.

peregrine
09-04-2007, 11:33 PM
[quote=Kobra]13:
Named it this because tonight my 13 year old stepdaughter did it with us. [quote]

Nice. Great way to bond with everyone.

Today i got worked. lol.
Tough one. Motivation was 6-7 when i've been running around 8.5-9.5 this past month. I think it's just bio rhythm and hormonal variations, along with all the junk food this past weekend, along with too mucho recreational hip thrusters.

5rds
db thrusters
run
burpees
run

1st rd i was already dry heaving on the burpees. kind of funny if you heard me. Tried to rest only 10-20sec when i needed to, i made it to rds 2.5 give or take a few longer breaks. Then i started feeling it on the tail end of the burpees.
I made up a new variation to survive. It's a burpee with a hip thrust, instead of the squat. So after the recovery position from the push up i popped up and thrust my hip up, chest up, on my toes-heels and foward like i'm getting my hips under a bad guys for a suplay as i use my hands to double scoop up and help with momentum. The variation is pretty sport specific for a back toss or suplex type move.
Burpees were also down on a slight grade due to location, each set alternated, so sometimes the upper was hit harder, or the lower.

The thrusters with the db out to the sides were alternated with hammer type presses doing thrusters with the db in front of the body. This took some of the load off my rotator cuffs. It felt more powerful, i'm asuming it's cause the weight is closer to the body allowing a more powerful feel. Kind of like throwing a straight punch down the pipe or a overhand hook. Both are powerful, but differing mechanics and the fist in relation to the body. The way this feels it seems like a great variation for a guy who wants to increase his ko power of his straight punch.

With the burpees, i've been alternating with hand placement, to take some of the load off my rotators which aren't really bothering me, but as prevention and versatility.
Took a water break on the 4th rds for about 2min then resumed, it would've been shorter, but i was so exhausted and pooped i dropped ice all over my gf kitchen so i had to pick it up. No i did not drop it subconciouslly to cheat.

On a good note i saw a shooting star towards the tail of my 4th rds which helped push me through, helped me refocus and seal the deal.

Can't wait to workout tomorrow pm, it's a weight day with some heavy weights. Minimal direct cardio. Must be the ironhead in me.

michael
09-05-2007, 05:27 AM
9/4

A quickie before work. As many rounds as possible in 25 minutes. I managed 4 rounds in 27:54 of:

15 pull-ups
20 v situps
25 bench presses
30 squats

Jack Rumbaugh
09-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Last night:

KB Snatches
10x16kgx2 sets
10x20kgx1 set
5-8x24kgx3 sets The last set was 5 hard fought reps.
3x28kgx2 sets These sucked. I was afraid my lockout would collapse and I'd hit myself in the head.:eek:

4 sets of 24kg 2 hand swings.

Dont Tread on Me
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Sep 5
Morning

4 Rounds ~40 mins
50 Squats
25 Pull-ups
50 Push-ups

Eve
Krav class.
30 mins free sparing with variety of partners. 30 mins grappling with variety of partners.

Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
09-05-2007, 09:53 AM
KBs and Indian Clubs with Poi Dog. Poi put together an outstanding routine for me and put me through my paces.

Cold War Scout
09-05-2007, 01:33 PM
September 5th:
Exercise devices/sports specific equipment: 40 different exercises (43 total sets) using a variety of exercise equipment and sports specific exercise devices. I am very jet lagged today so energy was not a strong point. But this was better than nothing I suppose.

Kobra
09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
20 x 100 meter dash with 45 secs rest between. I haven't run a 100 in many moons. I'll be doing this under the AZ sun. Hopefully we'll be below 100 degrees by the time I get to it this evening.

atrox_vis
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
5 Sets of the following:
1. Done in series
2. Went up in weight on every set
3. Maxed out KettleBells & Slam Balls
4. New PR in W.T.F. Burpees

5 W.T.F. Burpees
10 KettleBell Core Busters
15 Squat Clean & Slam

Ruthless_Ashley
09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
We took some video of the movements from the workout. Check them out:

WTF Burpee: http://www.teamruthless.com/WTF_Burpee.MOV
Core Busters: http://www.teamruthless.com/Core_Buster.MOV
Squat Clean and Slam: http://www.teamruthless.com/Clean_and_Slam.MOV

Kobra
09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Where can I get those slamball things?

Kobra
09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, ran the sprints. I warmed up with a sprint and then had the wife time me. I ran it in just under 13 seconds. The record is around 9 seconds. I'll never see that, but I'm happy with 13. Though, we were doing them on a soccer field. I'm wondering if I could shave a half second on a track. Anyhow, after that it was all downhill.

atrox_vis
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Where can I get those slamball things?

www.d-ball.com (http://www.d-ball.com)
They make them in any weight that you want. I think the one she used was 25Lbs. Let them know you are going to use them for slamming and they will double up the fill point plug so you don't explode the ball when you slam it. Great tool, there are quite a few ways that you can use these things to help develop explosive power & power transfer.

peregrine
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Did my rx workout

1.powerclean w/ 5 pushpresses per rep
2.snatch
3.knees to elbows- had to leave the gym so ended up doing inclined reverse crunches for last 3 sets

Powercleans w/ push presses were great. Kept the weight fairly light for a powerclean as i still had to crank out 25 push presses. That was great for lockout and punch extension.

Snatch- i'm still workoing on my form, so about 60%bw. Tried going heavier, i ended up getting only singles, so did a few drop sets.

Elbows to knees are awesome for the core and grip. What i liked about them that i need to get used to is how they stretch out the shoulders. My forearms were rock solid after. Our time was up at the gym, so i had to leave and finished the workout doing incline reverse crunches at work.

Motivation was better today, maybe a 8.25. There were some animals in the gym so i pushed it harder especally when i saw some wrestling shirts in there. The grunts were doing there thing.

I rested about 2-3min between sets. Had my crew doing one of the older teamruthless workouts and they were feeling it. I just need to keep an eye on a their form. One of our medics a world class athlete in outrigger was gassing and hurting good, he loved it. His clean has good form, but i need to work on his db swing. He finally seemed to get it on the last set. The last exercise in their triplet was the flying burpees. Initially he was like, only 10, i just laughed... 10 flying burpees to chase each set.

Tomorrow am i'll hit my next workout. Maybe some airsoft draws in the afternoon and light stick sparring in pm.

Time for my carbs and protein. Then some chow and early sleep.

Cold War Scout
09-06-2007, 09:11 AM
September 6th:
With 40 lb. weight vest: 10 trips down and up "Crack Ho" hill. Added 20 bench steps per leg. That's it for me today. Still recovering from trying to bound off the X all weekend.

atrox_vis
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Sets of the following:
1. Done in series
2. Go up in Weight on every set
3. Maxed out on Wall Balls
4. Got PR in Behind Neck Sots Presses

5 Behind Neck Sots Presses
10 KettleBell Push Presses
15 Wall Ball Shots

JohnH11B
09-06-2007, 03:33 PM
9/6
50 pushups, squats, lateral pulldowns and tricep pushdowns.
40 pec. flys and 40 curls.

atrox_vis
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
GOTX Drills with AirSoft
I. 50 From Left & 50 from Right for the following positions:
A. From face down on concrete - explode to feet and GOTX
B. From flat on back on concrete - explode to feet and GOTX

Tried to go both to 11 O'Clock & 1 O'Clock for both A & B

Dont Tread on Me
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Sep 6

Morning
10 X 1/4 mile sprints with 45 second rest between.

I ran laps on a 50 yard soccer pitch. Looping behind the goal posts gave a welcome couple of seconds slow down on each lap. I kept track of my lap split times to motive me to keep my speed up. It worked as I was determined to not let my times drop overall for each 1/4 mile so seeing a split time increase made me work harder on the next lap.

Evening
One hour of krav. 30 mins working foot speed drills (high knees between ladder runs on floor etc). 15 mins working punch combinations. 15 mins eyes closed getting attacked with surprise chokes, headlocks, bear hugs etc.

michael
09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Evening
One hour of krav. 30 mins working food speed drills (high knees between ladder runs on floor etc). 15 mins working punch combinations. 15 mins eyes closed getting attacked with surprise chokes, headlocks, bear hugs etc.

Every time you post one of your Krav workouts, it makes me realize how much I miss it.:(

michael
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
9/6

I asked Dino to give me a workout I can do in a hotel room, since I'm in our state capital to take my POST recert exam tomorrow morning. In between studying for the exam:

100 Push-ups
100 Four Count Lunges
100 V Sit-ups
100 Reverse Dips
100 Four Count Jumping Jacks
100 Body Rows or Pull-ups
100 Squats

Time: 40:43

Dont Tread on Me
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Every time you post one of your Krav workouts, it makes me realize how much I miss it.:(

I'm still blown away by the variety of topics covered and the effectiveness of the techniques and the training methods. The Ruthless workouts are really helping my performance.

I hope you can get back to Krav. I walk much more peacefully now for the training.

peregrine
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Teamruthless triathlon type routine-
row
run
jump rope
followed by
mm

Cold War Scout
09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
September 7th:
Kettlebell/Clubbell mix: 22 kettlebell exercises. 23 Clubbell exercises. Total of 45 sets. Haven't done this mix in many months so I am rather smoked.

Wolfe
09-07-2007, 04:37 PM
In light of Osama Bin Laden's video which I view as an ultimatum and the anniversary of 9/11, I think the point that we are all training ahead of a coming storm is clear. Let's all do and post some serious workouts over the next 4 days to show we are prepared and not cowed by his load of meandering crap.

Dont Tread on Me
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Sep 7

Active rest day physically.

100 rounds at indoor range with G19 and J-Frame. Focused mainly on 15 yards and out thinking about handling an active shooter.

Wolfe has the right idea. Inspired by having to share the same air as OBL, I rolled with my FDNY t-shirt today.

Cold War Scout
09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Sept. 8th:
50 dumbbell Manmakers with 2x40 lb. dumbbells. I'm sure the time was pathetic, but hey I did them.

Dont Tread on Me
09-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Sept. 8th:
50 dumbbell Manmakers with 2x40 lb. dumbbells. I'm sure the time was pathetic, but hey I did them.

I was going to skip today. You've just motivated me to get off my butt. As I said, I'm sick of people calling me the muscle free version of CWS:D :D

Cold War Scout
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I was going to skip today. You've just motivated me to get off my butt. As I said, I'm sick of people calling me the muscle free version of CWS:D :D

All because I am tired of people calling me the Geritol taking, Depends wearing version of ca_brit.

Dont Tread on Me
09-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Sep 8
Lunchtime
Team Ruthless (http://www.teamruthless.com/) workout
4 rounds of
{
1/2 mile run
25 power cleans from floor with 2 25lb dumb bells
50 pushups
}

Time: just under one hour. It was hot and the pushups killed me.

I'm off on vacation in the Sierra Nevada Mountains for a week in a cabin. No internet, yea!

Team Ruthless has put together an amazing workout for me that takes advantage of the mountain terrain and lakes together with my mountain bike. I know I'm going to come back from this vacation sharper than I left if I follow the program. Each workout fits inside an one hour window so I can box it and have plenty of time to spend with my family and drink some beer. I'll post when I return.

Stay strong.

Cold War Scout
09-09-2007, 07:30 AM
September 9th:
100 burpees. Took 7 sets. Still trying to get back to where I was pre-European vacation.

limamike55
09-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Four Mile Run

Dead Lifts 40 lbs 15 reps x 3 three sets

Dumbell Curls 40 lbs 15 reps x 3 sets

Ak Drills 45 minutes

hazmatt
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
chin ups to failure till I hit 41 reps supersetted with crunchs for 30 reps on a roman chair for 5 sets,then 3 sets alternating 1arm db inc bpress w/a 45lb db 10reps per arm. done in just about 37 min.

peregrine
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Sat
sticks in the park- whew hot
cycle drills with tweaks- footwork and hi-low combos, as well as half beats

Sun pm
triplet001 5rds
wfo burpees- should've upped he weight after rd1, next time i will.
tgu- whew works so much muscle groups.
pull ups- alternated over and under

couplet001 5rds
*run/jog/gimp back was pretty tight on the first 2runs, i think it was the tgu so i had some walking, jogging in there as well.
*kb swings- 26kg for first 10-15reps of each set, then drop setted to 16kg for the rest of that set. i did this cause the couplet was for 'speed'

followed by 100burpees i owed Kobra for Henderson losing. i can't believe his conditioning gave out to Rampage. wth?

still felt froggy come burpee time so i broke my pr of doing them in 5ets of 20. 60-120sec rest between sets.

The turkish get ups are quite an exercise. My back, my abs, and my legs get all contorted, i am using the step through method as the lunge feels uncomfortable. I am still getting used to them but i did the rx weight for rds2-5 after rd1 warm up. They ended up being broken into blocks of 5. I may opt to end up immediatelly switching off to opposite arm come fatigue to keep my aerobic system going. On the runs i was carrying the pack radio so i thought of Rocky running with bricks, kept did 4/5 with right hand and last rd with left, kept a solid grip going. I think the brick runs will be a good addition for finger endurance.

Edit-Training is going pretty well, tonight i have been thinking of going right from making weight in mid oct to a bulk for the winter, i'd like to see how much strength i can gain and any fighting advantages with a few more pounds on my frame. It seems my body wants to pack on the pounds right now with this training as i am up some pounds, i attribute this to it attempting to gain more size for the strenuous workouts. I really am going to have to dial in my diet this week to make weight. Though i am only 10-13lbs over, i can drop atleast 5-8lbs in water weight.

peregrine
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
One of my guys at work who is doing some of these workouts commented to me how much better his conditioning was when he played racquetball last week. So plus 1 for Teamruthless. This is a guy who spends 3-4days in the gym a week, 90min of lifting and 30min of running or stairs for years.

Cold War Scout
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
September 10th:
Barbell/dumbbell/ankle weights mix:
5 sets military presses (w/BB135),
3 sets back squats (w/BB145),
3 sets bent over rows (w/BB145),
2 sets power cleans (w/BB145),
2 sets military presses (w/BB145),
1 set calf raises (w/BB145),
1 set trunk twisters (w/BB145),
1 set power cleans (w/BB145),
2 sets floor presses (w/BB155),
1 set Russian twists (w/BBplate35),
3 sets of sit-ups (w/DB55),
2 sets of Saxon side bends (w/DB55),
2 sets leg raises with lift (w/AW2x10),
2 sets flutter kicks (w/AW2x10).

I haven't been connecting with my bar much in the past few months. Time to get back on the stick.

Cold War Scout
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I hear Dino's 9-11 memorial workout tomorrow is gonna be:

100 burpees
100 dumbbell thrusters
100 kettlebell swings
100 ball slams
100 sit-ups
100 squats
100 push-ups
100 military presses
100 wall balls
11 pull-ups

michael
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
9/10

4 rounds, as fast as possible, of:

Bench press
Pull-ups
V situps
KB deadlifts
KB clean and press

Followed by a 10 minute stretch.

hazmatt
09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
3 , 3min rds on the heavy bag, 3 3min rds jumping rope, 50 elbows to knees

peregrine
09-10-2007, 11:11 PM
I hear Dino's 9-11 memorial workout tomorrow is gonna be:

100 burpees
100 dumbbell thrusters
100 kettlebell swings
100 ball slams
100 sit-ups
100 squats
100 push-ups
100 military presses
100 wall balls
11 pull-ups

that's great. 9-11. even better no running.

Today was a rough one.
run
sonny p mm
mtn climbers

arghhh.

atrox_vis
09-11-2007, 05:52 AM
This is one of my guys - Jim Pope doing a 650 pound DeadLift this past sunday, 09 September 2007. Jim is a Correctional Officer in Fairfax County Virginia. He will be lifting in the 45 - 49 Master's Division at this year's Arnold Classic. http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1305.MOV

Cold War Scout
09-11-2007, 06:03 AM
This is one of my guys - Jim Pope doing a 650 pound DeadLift this past sunday, 09 September 2007. Jim is a Correctional Officer in Fairfax County Virginia. He will be lifting in the 45 - 49 Master's Division at this year's Arnold Classic. http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1305.MOV

I don't care how much combatives training you have, if you are ever up against a guy like this you have a huge problem.

MDTS
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't care how much combatives training you have, if you are ever up against a guy like this you have a huge problem.

Damn right you do. Good God.

Cold War Scout
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
September 11th:
- Clubbells. 35 different exercises. 36 total sets. Did my "lighter weights" program.

Added on:
- Dog Brothers power strikes and Siniwali movements with 30" pipes. Added some machete Siniwali.
- AMOK! 81s, AMOK! squares, and alphabet/number cuts.

peregrine
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I want to be like that guy. :D or the mini version. Tools or no tools getting the job done.

limamike55
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
6 Mile Run

60 Push Ups

atrox_vis
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
One of my guys hits the 640 pound mark, upping his personal record by 5 pounds!!!!!!! He has also jumped a 36" box with little trouble.
DeadLift
http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1311.MOV
Box Jump
http://www.teamruthless.com/100_1216.MOV

Very fast for a 385 pound man and as CWS says, a man that will give anybody trouble, no matter what your skill level.

peregrine
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Tue pm-

5rds for Power- ramped up and last ramped down, 30-90sec between exercises, 2 took about 2-3min rest(weight changes 1station)
48-52 or so min.
1.zerchers
2.push press
3.deads

30min or so between, watched some pop warner practice then hit it. I was getting a bad chill even with a dry shirt.

3rds for Speed- didn't get the time
1.run 10sec walk midway x 3, ran with my pack radio so worked crushing grip, 2right, 1left- alternated between pinch and long crush
2.pull ups 2sets first two rds, last one took 3rds- mixed grips, the young oohras were watching so had to bust em out. Pretty tough considering the mm yesterday.

This was my 3rd day, taking an active rest tomorrow, doing some technical stick and footwork, got a couple combos i wanna burn into my cns. Getting a head cold, gotta stay warm on those night runs, gonna try using a beanie as the double shirt isn't cutting it.

9/13 we got a big 4-8hour wmd drill, gonna be suited up most of the time, lots of hauling and humping in the sun, wanna check my weight post drill to see how much water i can lose. Also gonna start playing more with sauna time to get used to the heat, may consider doing some serious pre sauna work then bust my workout to get used to not ideal situations.

Wanna start more tgu and mm, they're not pretty yet, and not very strong.
Gotta prepare for the next big one at work.

Gonna begin cutting out my creatine monohydrate to lose some water, see how bone dry i can get and move well. Upping my midnight protein and water. Upping vit c and whatever other vits i can find to stave off a bad cold.

Cold War Scout
09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
September 12:
With 40 lb. weight vest: 100 burpees during course of 3 mile walk.

michael
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
9/12

4 rounds of:

1/4 mile elliptical sprint
25 BB push presses
25 BB bent rows

Time: 43:17
Followed by a 10 minute stretch.

austin
09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
9/13 we got a big 4-8hour wmd drill, gonna be suited up most of the time, lots of hauling and humping in the sun, wanna check my weight post drill to see how much water i can lose. .

Dont be surprised if you gain 3-6 lbs after being severly dehydrated. Its normal. I do the same thing.

Kobra
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
15 Zerchers
10 Push Press
5 Deads
x5

1/4 mile
25 pull-ups (I did these with the kip, but still could only do about 18 in one shot)

Cold War Scout
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
September 13th:
Kettlebells:
- 15 sets of clean and presses (up and down ladder using various weights from 44 lb. to 70 lb. range).
- 4 sets of get-up sit-ups (1 set each w/KBs 44, 53, 62, and 70 lb. KB).
- 4 sets Dragon Walk (2 w/KB62; 2 w/KB70).

No time or focus to do anything more ambitious today. I have work related stuff to do.

Cold War Scout
09-14-2007, 01:23 PM
September 14th:
Did a bodyweight routine revolving around weight vest (50 lbs.), ankle weights, Heavy Hands, Captains of Crush #3, flex bands, and core disks.

michael
09-14-2007, 04:57 PM
9/14

4 rounds of:

15 pull-ups
30 push-ups
45 v situps
60 squats

Time: 36:45

Cold War Scout
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
September 15th:
15 dumbbell (DB) thruster/kettlebell (KB) swing supersets
- 4 sets with DB2x40 and KB53
- 6 sets with DB2x40 and KB62
- 3 sets with DB2x40 and KB70
- 2 sets with DB2x40 and KB88

austin
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Busy week.

Friday evening was the best:

9 sets of

( 4 chinups, ran steps, 10 burpees, 30 inclined situps, no rest )

8 sets of flys and cable exercises

--

Some hadji started doing flys on the incline on my 5th set. I worked in just fine or so I'd thought.

On my 7th set he came up to me:

H: "Next time yoo need to ask permission when I am working out."

Me:"Oh, really? Then in that case its you who needs to ask permission. I was working out before you."

H:"You are moving around I am not."

Me:"You got up and moved around, too."

H:"Yoo need to ask permission."

Me:"I am not asking you for anything. We should just work around each other."

At this point he took a step towards me. I dropped my right foot back, bladed my body, and loaded my legs. He blinked and looked around the room as everyone was looking at us.

Me:"I did not mean to make you mad. My name is XXX. What is yours?"

H:"I am not telling yoo my name. Yoo have been rude to me."

Me:"LOL. You are the rude one telling me I need your permission when I was here first."

He did one more set and left. What a pussy!! He must have run home to hide behind his mommy's burkha.

All the other men in the gym came over and asked me what had occurred.

On my 8th set I did 20 burpees I was so stoked!!

I kept thinking of CWS' Battle Cry : "No Hadji is going to P)W*#! ME!"

peregrine
09-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Been busy lately, so workouts kind of fell off to the wayside.

thurs.
4hour drill in the elements and full gear

fri.
3hours of stick in the sun- combos, bilateralism, krabi, diamond, hourglass, sparring

was supposed to do a pm workout as well, but couldn't fit it in.

sat.
work

sun. (pending)
45min for max rds
tgu
mm
pull ups

gonna get some stick and footwork in a few hours apart.

Cold War Scout
09-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I have run into these folks who think they have a claim on every piece of machinery they intend to use for the next hour. I remember once working out (fee for the day) in a gym in Cal. where I went up to a piece of equipment that nobody had used for the 15 minutes I had been in the gym, and as soon as I got there some bimbo runs up and says "hey I'm using that." I basically said "nobody has been using this machine for 15 minutes because I have been watching", to which she responds "well I was working my way to it." I was in no mood to argue so I simply got on the machine and did my set of reps without saying another word. I saw her run off and whine to a gym staff member but nothing was ever said to me.

Whenever I have been using a machine and somebody sits down next to me and asks "is this being used" I always respond "if it's empty, it ain't being used."

Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
09-16-2007, 05:37 AM
After teaching yesterday I went over to the Dune, but instead of my usual routine I went to the grassy area to its south of about 70 yards in length and taking it suitably easy on the initial sets worked on sprinting its length. I became aware of tightness in my quads limiting my range of motion and so worked on working that out.

Dont Tread on Me
09-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I have run into these folks who think they have a claim on every piece of machinery they intend to use for the next hour.

You Gents are in good company. There are a couple of guys at my gym who pile some dumb bells by a bench then wonder over to a machine lean on it then chat. They'll then shout when you go near a completely different machine. That mixed with a couple of personal trainers sitting on machines while discussing personal problem with their clients also sitting on machines means I used to have to plan my workout dynamically. My standard response was "Can you tell me what bits of equipment you're not using?"

One of the many things I enjoy about the Ruthless workouts is that they are light on equipment requirements.

Cold War Scout
09-16-2007, 09:09 AM
September 16th:
- Warrior Wellness - 25 minutes
- 65 burpees. They were done differently than normal, and with a variation, but the "variation" broke at 65 so that's why I did not reach 100.

Today was day 175 in a row of physical conditioning/substantive physical activity. After I reach day 180 I intend to start reevaluating the way I work out and make some adjustments I have been contemplating.

peregrine
09-16-2007, 10:26 AM
After teaching yesterday I went over to the Dune, but instead of my usual routine I went to the grassy area to its south of about 70 yards in length and taking it suitably easy on the initial sets worked on sprinting its length. I became aware of tightness in my quads limiting my range of motion and so worked on working that out.
Are you working your top end sprint speed as well as the dune? i know you mentioned something on sprint speed awhile back.

EDIT-
I've run into those wierdos at the gym as well. Fortunately i've been doing things that usually is not in their area and scares them silly lke tgu and flying burpees.
But there is one squat/power cage in the entire gym and this moron is always in it with his nylon straps doing every variation of exercise you can think of for atleast an hour. Then he brings his trainee or two in for another hour in the cage. wtf. You don't need a cage for doing your nylon strap exercises, you can just hook that thing up to any pull up bar. Another gym archetype is the dude who keeps curling in the cage. Dude you can cheat curl that some where else and throw your back out over there.
Fortunately the gym is getting another cage. After 5-10years of my suggesting.lol. There deep pockets funded by the gov't goes to bogus pieces of equipment like more leg extensions. They're also getting a platform and bumpers, finally got some adjustable boxes, medecine balls, a punching bag, elastic rehab bands, a foam roller, switching out most of the machines for hammer strength. Saddly i'm being transferred away from this gym. But i will sleep better knowing that when i go to visit it will be great.

Dont Tread on Me
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks to Team Ruthless I have just about the same edge as when I left. The workouts fitted well around my other activities and left me plenty of time with my family and beer.

Sep 10
Mountain bike ride. Let bike roll 5 miles down mountainside then rode it back up. Very difficult due to heat and altitude. Walked about 20% of climb. Sierra Nevada's offer some really tough mountain biking - quite technical.

Sep 11
Sweating for Bin Laden, you ****** coward.

4 rounds of
100 meter sprints up and down the mountainside. Very hard on calves.
25 thrusters
25 pull ups
Time Just over 50 mins. Altitude still an issue. Concentrated on breathing during techniques.
4 hour hike on Devil's Slide.
Hurt knees on thrusters - trouble kneeling rest of day on left side. My bad technique.

Sep 12
mountain bike to beach ~1 hour ride then.
One hour limit - 4 rounds in just over 50 mins.
100 meter run on hill
25 burpes
3 mins shadow box - all combatives.
50 pushups.
mountain bike back to cabin.

2 hour hiking.

Sep 13
Day off. Casual Swimming.
Knees fine.

Sep 14
dumbell swings 1min
elbow combatives 1 min
ground fight 1 min
burpees 1 min
Brand jumps 1 min
pull ups 1 min
run in pace 1 min
30 seconds rest

Made it through five rounds.

peregrine
09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Today got my rx workout done. finally.

45min as many rds as possible- made 5rds, with 3min left on clock, first 3rds took <20min, last 2 took long. used rx weight for all sets and reps.

1.turkish get ups- 5reps, 3right, then 2left, for 4rds, 3left, 2right one round. I'm a lefty.
2.man makers 10reps, did blocks of 5. quite hard, did a jump on every pull.
3.pull ups- 15reps, first two rds were blocks of two, 3-5 did blocks of 5 with 5-10sec interval. 3 overhand, 2mixed grips.

nice workout, hard and fast. 4 different grunts commented how they liked my workout.
I like how the exericses were sequenced/structured, tgu to target the mid section and shoulder stability, mm nice for explosiveness and overall body strength, pull ups to hit my grip and vertical pull while decompressing my back from the mm. Ended up dripping sweat and came out feeling good.

EDIT- i need to warm up a little better, i had a 5min sauna session then 10minutes of light weights and mobility work, but i will follow with some medium lifts for low reps of the lifts i will be doing. The kb was shaking like a leaf on my first set, though i did a few presses my shoulder was still not prepared fully. The mm row part felt iffy in my lower back on the first set.

Kobra
09-16-2007, 11:39 PM
I did two rounds of this one today. Didn't like it all that much. I have reasons. First, I despise get-ups as they torch my knees, second, I despise manmakers cause they are tedious, and third cause I'm coming down with a cold.

I've begun adjusting my weights so that I can do all the indicated reps without resting. I wasn't doing this before and should've been. That means that I can only do 26lbs for the get-ups--5 reps at a time per side max. 25lbs max for the manmakers for ten at a time. I can do 45lbs but then it is an exhausting, 5-6 reps MAX if that. I can, however, blast through the pull-ups (with kip) 18 at a time.

I've begun looking into diet issues. I'll be talking with the mentor about this. I don't eat, and frankly I just don't have an appetite lately. The thought of food makes me nauseous.

Holding firm at 216.6 lbs. Want to keep it that way.

peregrine
09-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Funny thing today, the only trainer that knows anything in the gym a die hard power lifter, begins to think i've turned into some fitness weenie. lol. I went from doing mostly deads/presses and squats for maximum loads to these new routines. I think he's thinking what the hell happened to the only guy that knows how to deadlift without throwing out his back?
on a side note i am much more leaner and people have gave me positive reinforcement...the main thing more fight fit

kind of funny on the trainer thing, but who cares. By years end i'll be pulling even bigger numbers with even better general physical preparedness and the ability to run some bad guy down then fight him hard right after. Then slam dunk a basketball all back to back.

Kobra, i like that you've found what's right for you in your training... that is the most important thing. My crew subscribes to that way as well, they love that.
I got a light cold as well, i think i'm on the back side of it though. At times i get the feeling that eatting is a chore. Keep us posted on any diet changes and positive or negative effects of peformance. I need to switch to 40/30/20 or close as i'm consuming carbs to no end. Tomorrow is a new week and for the whole week i'll try to have no carbs at lunch, just protein, fiber and fat... gonna crank up my fish oil consumption to 10gm a day.yuck.fish burps are the worse and add some whey 3x a day.

Kobra which kip are you using? the gymnast one or the other version?

Kobra
09-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I didn't know that there are different kips. I'll film the one I do and post it. I can say that the kip I do allows me to just about pull myself towards the bar at the end of the movement. I bring my knees up and somehow this kicks me up and away from the bar. I pull myself up and back towards the bar.

peregrine
09-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I didn't know that there are different kips. I'll film the one I do and post it. I can say that the kip I do allows me to just about pull myself towards the bar at the end of the movement. I bring my knees up and somehow this kicks me up and away from the bar. I pull myself up and back towards the bar.

souns like the frog kip
Here's a video, both are correct
youtube.com/watch?v=uryt3n9q1q4

i used "crossfit kip" in the search and it's the first 1.

Kobra
09-17-2007, 01:18 AM
souns like the frog kip
Here's a video, both are correct
youtube.com/watch?v=uryt3n9q1q4

i used "crossfit kip" in the search and it's the first 1.

Yup, that's it! Even while I'm tall like the girl on the left, my movement is much like the short girl on the right.

limamike55
09-17-2007, 04:46 AM
9 miles

60 push ups

20 minutes of Glock drills

Dont Tread on Me
09-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Sep 17
Morning
Team Ruthless workout.
4 rounds.
1/4 mile run.
25 heavy swings
25 push press
25 pushups
25 exercise least want to do = pull ups.

Time ~40 mins.

Evening
Krav
30 mins bur-pees, reverse bur-pees (turkish getup), crawling, running etc. Very hard and fast.
30 mins learning how to escape from when mounted.

Rest of the week I'm in a hotel. Designing a workout with Team Ruthless to keep be sharp while away.

Cold War Scout
09-17-2007, 12:58 PM
September 17th:
Exercise devices/sports specific equipment: 50 different exercises (56 total sets) using a variety of exercise equipment and sports specific exercise devices. Started experimenting more with some different things that I want to evaluate.

BYcyclist
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
9/17:

10 miles trail ride. Hilly. One gear only. 1 hour.

Kobra
09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
One of the reasons that Dino is the best combatives fitness gurus out there is that he is a mind reader. As I spoke with him it was clear that we were on the same page yet again. He told me that we are embarking on a power phase now, and this just floored me because I had mentioned to my wife yesterday that I wanted to take a break from the conditioning and work on power--amazing! After speaking with Dino I'm again motivated to keep moving forward at 110%. Looking forward to tonight's session! I'm tasting blood again! Thanks, Dino!

:D

Gabriel Suarez
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Sept. 17th

100 rounds of snap shots at 25 yards with the rifle...to the head.
Interspersed with 10 sets of 25 fast and hard USA Swings with the kettlebells.

At 6000 feet elevation it kicks your u-know-what pretty good.

Kobra
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Interspersed with 10 sets of 25 fast and hard USA Swings with the kettlebells.

At 6000 feet elevation it kicks your u-know-what pretty good.

What's a "USA" swing?

k

JohnH11B
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
9/17
First day back after a week of missing:mad: 50 each pushups, curls, benchpress, wrist curls and lateral pulldowns.

Cold War Scout
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
What's a "USA" swing?

k

I believe that's what Gabe calls swings that are almost straight up in their arc of movement. Not 90° like in Pavel's videos.

Gabriel Suarez
09-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Got 'em from a Crossfit guy. You swing hard up to vertical rather than the horizontal russian swing. I usually combine these with DARC Swings which have you change hands mid way through at the horizontal point.

I like the KBs because I can take them out into the woods with me and combine phys training with shooting drills.

6Gunner
09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Okay, I'd gotten away from daily reporting of my fitness training, but I find myself reinvigorated.

Had one Heck of a good workout today:

Dino's assignment for me today was:
AM: 4-count Mountain Climbers and pushups
15/1, 14/2, 13/3, 12/4,......4/12, 3/13, 2/14, 1/15

PM: 5000 meter row.

For the first time I made it all the way through the workout. I was a wreck after the AM one, but for the first time I told my inner wimp (the one that starts to mutter "I should back off and not take a chance on getting injured" when I get tired) to STFU and keep going. Made it to the end shaking and wiped, but still made it.

Did the 5K row in the PM in 26:14; little slower than I would have liked, but I was still a bit tired from the AM training.

peregrine
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Sept. 17th

Ahhh... good one. I will work on this for one of your upcoming classes. It sure does make your trapezius pumped.

peregrine
09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
7x3 mil press
7x3 push press
7x3 db push press

these were interspersed with feeder type lifts of the biceps, back and neck to get the antagonistic muscles blood flowing for better near maximal lifts.

my delts were sure fried pwo.

Cold War Scout
09-18-2007, 08:51 AM
September 18th:
Clubbells: 37 different exercises (40 total sets). Used the heavier weights.

Dont Tread on Me
09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Sep 18

All did not go well for my first Ruthless workout in the Georgia sun. The Marriot gym did not support the planned workout.

Plan
5 Rounds
10 L-Sit Pull-ups - No pull up options in the gym. Staff would not let me do them in the pool area.
30 Dumbbell Thrusters - Ceiling too low! Staff would not let me take weights out of gym.
50 Squats - doable.

Replan
On the hotel tennis court - hot but not humid in Atlanta.
5 Rounds of
10 pushups
30 burpees
50 squats

I only made it through 4 rounds. Mentally just weak. The first time I've not completed a Ruthless workout.

RE flying. No concerns with a Surefire 6P, Wilderness belt, etc. at SFO. Unfortunately, no Hadjes invited me to to convert to Islam.

Kobra
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
7 sets of 3:
Military Press (165 lbs. max)

7 sets of 2:
Pushpress (185 lbs. max)

Gabriel Suarez
09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Sept 18

50 Burpees
30 minutes dry practice
3 mile run

Jack Rumbaugh
09-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Sept 18

50 Burpees
30 minutes dry practice
3 mile run

Light day?:D

I'll be drywalling the bathroom.

Cold War Scout
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Light day?:D

I'll be drywalling the bathroom.

Know any good home reapir guys?

Jack Rumbaugh
09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Know any good home reapir guys?

I'm pretty handy. What are you doing?

Dont Tread on Me
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Are you guys cleaning up from a ND:) :)

Cold War Scout
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
September 19th
32 lb. weight vest:
- 10 roundtrips down and up “Crack Ho Hill”.
- 50 burpees

Gabriel Suarez
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Sept 19

30 minutes dry practice
5 sets of 10 pullups w/ 25 pounds
Push presses
Horizontal Triceps (I call them prison tricep extensions)
Squats (deep and fast)

michael
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
9/19

I tried something different today. A total body workout, bodyparts arranged so that I could do the entire w/o with minimal rest while working out the entire body, allowing several sets for each body part, but with different exercises. I combined bodyweight, DB's, BB's, and KB's. This w/o smoked me.

19 total sets, 308 total reps, time to complete was 35:07. I then did a 10 minute stretch afterwards.

atrox_vis
09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
20 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
15 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
10 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
5 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull

peregrine
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
20 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
15 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
10 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
5 DeadLifts
100 Meter Sled Pull
Nice way to train that agrressive foward pressure.
That sounds fun. I want to do this one next month when i have the gym set up. I got a cheap but functional sled, a tire some weight plates and fire hose.

Edit- those horizontal tricep extensions that cons do are a great bodyweight move.

Dont Tread on Me
09-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Sep 19

Enjoyed the way Georgians start meetings at 08:00 EDT when my body is on PDT. Working out as soon as I arrived yesterday did help me get to sleep etc.

Sep 20
Team Ruthless workout.
10 x 1/4 Mile Sprints with 45 Seconds Rest in between
(pace 7-8 MPH)
Then
Run 2 Miles
(pace 5.5 mph)

Just what I needed to rebuild my motivation after failing on Tuesday's workout. atrox_vis is good at designing just the right workouts.

It worked off some of that Southern chicken fried chicken.

Cold War Scout
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
September 20th:
The 35th Anniversary of U.S. Army Enlistment Memorial Workout
(in honor of all the U.S. Army did for me):
- Range of motion routine (18 minutes).
- Weight vest routine using a combination of 34 pound weight vest, 2x10 lb. ankle weights, 2x10 lb. Heavy Hands for weighted resistance. 34 exercises total.

Day 179. One to go until I promised myself I would stop obsessing.

Gabriel Suarez
09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Sept 20

50 USA swings w/ 28kg Kettlebell
alternated with sets of 10-12 burpees

5 sets total with only enough rest to keep from passing out.

JohnH11B
09-20-2007, 01:11 PM
9/20
Up at 0515 to go running WITH MY WIFE! I was awake for coffee that's for sure.

michael
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
9/20
Up at 0515 to go running WITH MY WIFE! I was awake for coffee that's for sure.

Why such a late start? I usually get up at 0250.:D

Didn't do much today, other than worked on GOTX drills with airsoft, and PS from the holster, mainly one-handed. I did mow the lawn.

atrox_vis
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
10 x Special 100 Meter Farmers Walk - 32Kgs
1. Rest 30 seconds between each one.
2. Every 25 Meters performed 10 Two arm Squat Clean & Push Presses with KettleBells
3. At the end of each walk 10 Burpees

AND THEN,

5 Sets
5 Squat Snatches
100 Meter Sprints
10 L-Pull-ups

BYcyclist
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
GOTX drills into PS one-handed - two targets (20 minutes)

3 sets bench press w/ dumbells (barbells screw up my shoulders)

3 sets pull-ups x 12

3 sets bent over rows with opposite rear leg extended (works entire back)

3 sets incline press w/ dumbells

3 sets pushups on stability ball w/ leg rollups

3 sets of crunches with weights on stability ball
12 mile hilly ride on my single speed mtb (going right now ; )!)

JohnH11B
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Remember Michael, I'm a day shift pogue:eek:

Cold War Scout
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
3 sets bench press w/ dumbells (barbells screw up my shoulders)

One of the things I like about dumbbells is that you can twist them in accordance with your body's needs as opposed to having to maneuver your body in accordance with the physics of the bar.

I have basically completely stopped doing barbell curls and barbell upright rows. Hell part of my future working out philosophy may be dumping the big bar altogether.

BYcyclist
09-20-2007, 08:19 PM
One of the things I like about dumbbells is that you can twist them in accordance with your body's needs as opposed to having to maneuver your body in accordance with the physics of the bar.

I have basically completely stopped doing barbell curls and barbell upright rows. Hell part of my future working out philosophy may be dumping the big bar altogether.

Yep, exactly why I don't use anymore. I only use the barbell now for squats and lunges.

Great ride on my singlespeed - its really not that cardio as other bike rides, I'm pretty much anaerobic most of the ride pushing lactate threshold most of the time. Built in high-intensity interval training.